1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Does your doll wear shoes?

Jul 10, 2014

1. My doll currently doesn't wear any shoes, just socks, but that's mainly because I never bothered buying her any as I see no point to yet. If I were to start taking her out and about I would then probably buy her some, but staying indoors I think she looks more comfortable(?)/natural in just socks.

2. LOL, I wear those! I have made slippers myself, but slippers don't look good with every style. :p Allthough, I am now highly tempted to make my msd boy wear fuzzy slippers xD

3. :)Rini wears shoes and she loves them to bits. Mind you it's a pain in the but to find nice ones that she likes.

4. My girls only wear shoes if I'm taking them somewhere or for photos :) otherwise they just wear socks or go barefoot when they're just sitting around. I think the slippers idea is really cute though, I might just do that!

5. As a guy, I'm generally satisfied with few shoes for myself; i.e. Work boots, Sneakers, Dress shoes, & sandals. ...but doll shoes consume a large portion of my BJD hobby resources. They make or break the final presentation of the whole. And I wish the shoe makers would provide more low to flat styles that most women choose to wear. So the dolls wear shoes unless they're attired in kimonos or swimsuits...and that wouldn't be the case if I could find the right footwear!

6. I have an obsession with doll shoes my wallet wishes otherwise.... So yes, the dolls here wear shoes.

7. Not all of my dolls wearing shoes. They are often a bit expensive and so I buy wigs or beautiful outfits for them instead of shoes.

8. My doll is wearing shoes.
      And I want more beautiful shoes for her =)

9. I prefer bare feet, or shoeless with stockings. I think her feet are really cute (especially heel feet), and they just look like big doofy boats with shoes on.

Seriously, why are all MSD shoes so big? Like. They are ALL too big. I have never even seen a pair that would come close to fitting the size doll they were supposedly made for, they're all a good 1cm too long. Even Iple shoes are too big for my Iple girl... Just... I don't even. Why :/

10. Haha, I wasn't going to reply to this thread since my boy's only current outfit is the company fullset, which includes shoes, and he wears it all the time, so yeah. But then I saw this post and I giggled a bit...
      I've actually been looking at several different shoes, and I found that my doll's foot length pretty much dictates he can't wear anything shorter than 6.5cm long shoes, which is kind of limiting. So I'm having exactly the opposite problem. X)

11. Oh I see! P: That's a first that I've encountered for MSDs. Hope you can find him some that fit c: I guess that's a bonus of fullsets, at least!

It looks like my new DC guy is probably going to be shoeless too... He has an unusual foot size that's a little small for most SD girl shoes, and I feel like most boy shoes would look too big on his spindly wisp of a body. Sighhh it never ends.

12. All of my dolls wear shoes. Though there are times where I will take they're shoes off and then am to lazy to put them back on, so they stay bare footed till I stop being lazy.:sweat

13. Mine wear shoes based on their personality :) Some of them *oppose* shoes hehe.

14. If they're being stored, no, coz they stain. If I'm taking photos, then it depends on the setting. I do currently have 2 of my boys wearing some new boots to stretch them out.

15. My Sapphira has no shoes, sadly....but it's ok because I do prefer them naturally barefoot unless I'm posing them and they won't stand without them. However, when we remodeled our home they ended up wearing their outfits and shoes so they wouldn't get lost in the chaos! Nothing worse than losing/ misplacing expensive bjd clothes. >_< ESPECIALLY one shoe.

16. sometimes the shoe stain the resin, so i put light colored shoes, if not, i left them barefoot. kinda cute i guess! but i do left them with socks. kinda like they're not 'outside'. but inside home~

17. Yep, my dolls all wear shoes. It's a part of the full presentation (along with accessories). I even have slippers for when they wear a robe or pajamas.

18. I like their feet. They are so pretty. I haven't received my first one yet but I already know that she will be shoeless. She will wear ankle bracelets and probably I'll figure out a way to make barefoot sandals work. Eventually I'm gonna get a doll chateau doll and I want to make her a ballet dancer so I'll be on the search for ballet slippers when that time comes.

19. depends. some sets better with shoes. however, sometimes maybe more pretty without it.

20. Some do, some don't. I'm still very much in the beginnings of the process of getting everyone outfitted out. My MSD's clothing and shoe needs are fairly well covered because I had a fair amount of stuff from other non BJD dolls that fit them pretty well. My SD's were not so lucky. I do have some basic sneakers and one pair of girly dress shoes for my SD girls that fit but my SD boys and girls are severely lacking in shoes, clothes in general, at the moment as I have not gotten to much in regards to their wardrobe needs as yet.

I've a lot going on in real life. My Dad has had a rough year. He was involved in a bad accident in the Spring, he fell and hurt his head, and he's had some other rather serious health issues come up since besides. He's pretty much deaf now and half blind besides and now he may be very ill with something related to his lungs. It's been a sad mess of a year thus far, shrug. He's become more and more dependent upon me taking care of him over the last year or so and I've been so busy taking care of him that I just haven't gotten to doing as much with the dolls as I'd like to do. I haven't been feeling great myself besides for most of the year. Autoimmune disease. It's really been kicking my behind and Summer in particular it always makes me feel like heck. I don't like major heat.

When I first started collecting BJD's I had this idea of maybe getting 2 or 3. I meant to outfit them all out within a few months and call it a day. But not quite a year and a half later I'm clearly in the throes of BJD addiction, laugh. I'm up to almost a dozen dolls, albeit inexpensive and mostly used ones, and I've done about 1/4 of what I plan to do with them all. Shoes are at the bottom of my list actually. I have way too much to do yet to worry about bare feet. I still have to get them all faced up, make clothing for the SD's, get 2 of the boys wigs, finish off paying for bodies for one boy and one girl and lastly find a replacement MSD head for my Miro boy body.

To be fair most of them are wigged and have eyes now and are strung properly and most of my MSD's have their outfits chosen. But I still have tons of face ups to do and clothes to make before I'll even get to the shoes. It's never a really organized thing though outfitting my dolls. I do end up deviating from my plans sometimes, buying something I see and like and think I can use for later. So they might very well have shoes before I ever get the rest done, who knows?