1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Does your doll wear shoes?

Jul 10, 2014

1. My dolls never really wear shoes. I have one pair but I only use it for Pictures. Aside from that- i really like their tiny feet and don't want to cover them up. :XD:

2. yes but no my pukifee NEVER wears her shoes they look out of proportion on her my feeple always wears hers unless I get irritated with them lol and my minifee has no shoes at the moment so she is bearfoot :)

3. My dolls nearly always have shoes on. Not only just because I absolutely love doll shoes but my husband, if I ever have one of my dolls out and it doesn't have shoes on, it's always "Why is that doll unshod!?" It's kinda hilarious because he couldn't care less about my dolls most of the time but it bothers him if they don't have shoes on because he thinks they look incomplete or like they are uncared for. If I answer " I don't have shoes that match this outfit.", it's "Well go on ebay and buy some." What makes it ironic is that I, myself, never wear shoes unless I'm going out somewhere (seriously I even drive barefoot most of the time). :lol:

4. My boys wear shoes, mainly because trying to get them on and off all the time is a nuisance, my girls only wear shoes if I am taking photos of them. It doesn't stop me buying more shoes for them all the time though, they have as much of a shoe fetish as I have I think.

5. My dolls always wear shoes. They are always displayed on stands, and without shoes they tend to slip and slide all over the place. Wearing shoes prevents that.

6. I just ordered my doll her first pair of shoes, and I can't waaait :)
      So far she's been a barefoot girl, and her feet are super cute, and she stands terrifically even so, but I look forward to seeing her in full outfit someday soon! If she's like most of my dolls though, she'll become barefoot again before long as I fear stains due to wearing clothes for long term.

7. I'm usually barefoot around the house, so my little girl is too. That and being barefoot makes it easier to play with her foot joint. She sometimes wears socks though.

8. I always put shoes on my boy without thinking :sweat Sometimes I think to myself "he's inside, he should just be wearing socks!" but I usually have him wearing a pair as I kind of feel that his feet are safer in shoes

9. I have two pairs of shoes and a pair of boots for my boy, but no outfits that go with them, so he's currently barefoot. If I take him outside I put the boots on, because they support his ankles and make him easier to stand.

10. My dolls wear shoes unless the activity they are posed for assumes bare feet, i.e. taking a nap. They have a lot of shoes, what else would the shoes be for?

11. I have a lot of shoes, but they're all heeled, and three pairs of flat footed boots. my boys never wear shoes, with the exception of when they're outside. My girls on the other hand wears shoes often , mostly because of their heels preventing them from standing without them.

12. Only one of my 4 dolls wears shoes in the moment. The others have Hooves, claws or need no shoes ;)

13. Yep they all wear shoes unless I take them off for a shoot. The only exception to this are my two naga who have tails not feet:)

14. Not at all haha I only use the shoes for photos :)

15. yes he does. xD
      I dont like his feet getting scratch.

16. I find that my DL Noir poses best when he is wearing shoes because it gives him more of a "grip" on the floor, where as he has taken a few tumbles (luckily onto carpet) without his shoes on *_*. I'm sorta paranoid about taking them off him now, so he 'sleeps' in his doll box with them on. That is, until I suede him and maybe do some restringing, but that's a whole other dolly fear of mine :sweat

17. My dolls will wear shoes when they're dressed! When I just put them aside not using them then I'll probably take shoes off along with other clothing that could stain and such.

I always find it a bit funny when looking at photos or videos and people's dolls are fully clothed except they're all barefoot haha!

18. No! I love shopping for shoes for my dolls, but they very rarely wear them...only really for photo shoots if their feet are going to be pictured- which is hardly ever *blush*

19. Mine sit on the shelves, so they don't really need to, but it's more a habit of mine that they don't wear shoes unless they are headed outdoors.

20. I get iffy if they don't have shoes and make haste to make them shoes myself if I have to but I don't mind if they don't wear shoes when they're lounging indoors... For the outdoors? Unless they absolutely have to be barefoot for whatever reason (Pathfinder wouldn't be caught dead with shoes OR proper clothes other than a loincloth and maybe some tattered cloak for example) I like them to have some footwear on.