1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Does your doll wear shoes?

Jul 10, 2014

1. All my (blythe) have shoes, but my BJD not so much. I don't like the chunk cheaply made shoes I see a lot out there, and prefer pretty dainty shoes. My Enchanted Dolls have some really nice STG Silver shoes made by Marina herself, so they are sorted. My poor Popovy is shoe-less so far, and because she has a ballet-shaped foot really looks a bit strange barefoot if she is standing up. Will have to right this wrong!!

2. My Ani always has her shoes on. Her tights are probably stained from the shoes by now, but I like her to look fancy and lolita all the time.

3. I got shoes for my doll, but size is bit too large.

4. My dolls like having shoes. It's part of the whole outfit! It's making me crazy that Amiga has no shoes except the one pair of slippers I hand-made. I want her to have summer shoes, winter shoes, fancy occasion shoes, and play shoes! I need to become rich somehow...

5. My current dolls are all SD size girls and boys, and most of them usually wear shoes to match their outfits, although sometimes they just look so comfortable lounging around barefoot after I take their shoes off for some reason or other that I just leave them that way. The dolls have their own sitting area in my craft room, with chairs for all of them. Sometimes they all have a a very formal feel, each one dressed and proper with shoes and all, and other times they'll be a little more casual in their attire.

It annoys me too that so many of the commercially made shoes are clunky-looking. I want dollie shoes to have high, slender heels and be elegantly shaped like the shoes I would want for myself. Guess I need to learn to make them!

6. That is the one pet peeve of mine! I can't purchase a BJD without some sort of footwear along with him or her so when they arrive I know for certain that doll has shoes to wear.

7. All of my dolls wear shoes since it goes with their outfits usually. Plus I'm a bit of a shoe fanatic. :sweat I'm not opposed to wearing shoes all the time myself.
      Ardese is the only one who doesn't wear shoes from time to time because his pair was a cheap-o pair that I got off of eBay and they're a little big for him even though the measurements said otherwise. Sometimes they fall off of his feet if I handle him too much and they also just aren't as nice as I'd like them to be. :P But I'm also not in the mood to spend $40+ on a nice pair of boots just yet.

8. I'm a huge shoe addict (for me, and my dolls) so the answer is yes, my dolls wear shoes, all the time! :XD:

9. one of mine does full time, a pair of volks snow boots and they are all white inside so no staining, otherwise any dark or black boots/shoes id keep off unless its for pics

10. I am crazy about shoes myself! If I wasn't in this dollhobby I probably would have like 50 more pair of shoes ^-^ So yes, my dolls allways wear shoes too! I have to admit tho that my boys only each have one pair of shoes, and my girls are on their way to copy me with my shoes.. Whoops :sweat I can't help it. Dolls shoes are even more charming and lovely then cute pumps or fashionable boots! I couldn't imagine my life without them, and I guess that's why I'll barely let a doll walk barefoot. Although I find most of the barefoot dolly photoshoots really adorable!! Especially when the feet are a bit dirrty from 'walking' on the ground and through the dirt.

11. As of right now my girls don't have any shoes. I bought one pair but they are to big :doh

12. I have exactly one pair of shoes per doll. Fortunately all my minis are the same company so all their feet are the same too. Doll shoes are to expensive to get a ton.

13. Shoes are usually the last thing I buy for my dolls, because they aren't very important to me (not a shoe person) :)

14. Most of my dolls wear shoes all of the time. I have one doll that wears shoes part of the time, and then two that never wear shoes.

It really depends on the doll and the character they represent. For example, my anthro fox, Tessie, really has no need to wear shoes. Her character lives in the woods and has paws. On the other hand, Angelo, one of my humans, represents a character likes to be fashionable and always wears shoes. My half-elf character, Lizzie, doesn't really care about shoes one way or the other. She represents a mesh of two cultures, so if she'd go barefoot or wear shoes, depending on her mood and where she was.

15. All my dolls wear shoes, each different colour outfit has matching shoes. I'm convinced they have the same passion for shoes that I have!:dance

16. I like shoes. Both for myself and the dolls. Love the workmanship and detail that go in to them
      the only dolls not in footwear are either the nudes (waiting for fashion), or if I don't have something in their size!

17. My doll *has* shoes but he doesn't wear them very often as they're kind of metal/rock and roll-er boots and don't really go with his attire. Plus he relaxes in his PJ/lounge pants and his hoodie so wearing boots would look very odd for a relaxing doll.

18. I prefer cute colorful long socks than shoes :)

19. I'm trying to get at least one pair for each of my dolls, but it's honestly easier said than done. There's a lot of very cutesy styles for tinies, for instance, but my tinies are just "chibi" adults so those shoes don't suit them at all. There's a lot of very modern shoes for minis, but a solid half my minis are from a fantasy world, so those shoes don't fit with their clothes. I've got some odd sizes, too, where it's going to be even harder to find them... at least I found a suitable pair for the first SD, now I just have to deal with the next one...

But at current... no, they don't all wear shoes. Maybe someday..

20. My dolls are all shoeless as we'll but I've started searching for some really cute socks, stockings and shoes. I like the idea that the shoes should be worn when going out and not to often in the house.