1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Does your height affect your doll's height?

Jan 31, 2011

1. My hight has nothing to do with my dolls hight, but the weight is what I need to think of. I don't like to carry around heavy lifts and that's why I'm not so interested to buy SD dolls. Unless I don't work on my muscles. x)

2. Nah, my height doesn't influence my doll purchases. My shortest doll is 10 cm and tallest doll is 60 cm and I'm open to buying a taller/smaller doll should one strike my fancy. Truth is, I'd even buy a life-sized doll if I liked it enough and had room enough to store it.

3. No, it's directly proportional to the amount of space I have for display (ie, I haven't much, so I tend to prefer smaller dolls)! I'm average height for a woman my age (5' 6") and prefer YoSD to MSD size dolls.

Raven

4. It has nothing to do with my height, but somehow I attracted to SD-dolls, maybe because they are large and that is why you feel yourself with your BJD not as with doll, but as with a real person, and I know I'm going crazy xDDD
      My doll is MSD, but once I carried my friend's SD, It was a real unusal and magical feeling (though she is heavy T_T)

5. Nope, I may be a little 5'2, but I have dolls ranging from 15cm to 72cm and in between. I've carried Faolan (72cm) and Jason (63cm) around to a few cons without too much hassle. If I needed a free hand, I had a backpack for one to sit in. I personally prefer 43-63cm simply because I find them a little easier to work with when it comes to posing.

6. Hm...I've never thought about it before but maybe being pretty tall for a woman (5'10") is part of what makes me gravitate towards 60cm+ dolls?

7. Hmmm, never really thought about it in those regards. I have an SD and MSD, as well as a Pipos Cheshire (I guess YOSD size?), and my height played no factor in choosing them.

I will say, though, from the other side of this discussion, I am 5' 11", and when carrying my dolls for long periods of time, such as at conventions, I actually feel more comfortable carrying my SD boy around, because he fits into the crook of my long arms better. My MSD boy seems almost too little, and constantly wants to lay down instead of sitting up. His weight does add up to less arm strain at the end of the day though.

8. It does effect my choices! I'm short (5'3" is still short right? Well I'm the shortest in my family.) and I prefer larger dolls like I prefer larger dogs, or horses. And I think that is because I am short I like the larger things. I don't know why XD I always look at the big ones first, my dream doll is an AoD Bo, mostly due to the size. Heck maybe one day I'll own all the 90cm boys! :D That would be awesome. I have more smaller ones right now but a large part of that is due to cost. So instead of saving for the larger dolls I buy the cheaper smaller ones I like. XP Gotta stop doing that. I need to up my collection of giants.

Then there is my brother, who's a few inches over 6 foot. And he loves the tinies. Anything small and he has to have it.

9. I stand just under 5'4" myself and personally I find SDs too big! :sweat Not necessarily heavy, just too big to hold. It feels awkward somehow, like trying to get a handle on a cat that has its limbs spread every which way in attempt to avoid the pet carrier.

MSDs are much more my size.

10. I don't think it does..I'm about 5' with larger hands than average, and all my dolls are MSD (and one tiny). I want a lot of SDs, but I've never held one in person so I don't know how they'd be. I don't think I'd mind them, esp since my fiance is 6'6" and I can make him carry them for me. :P

11. I prefer my MSDs as they're a little easier to snuggle and carry around for me. Being just a quarter shy of 5'4" doesn't effect my choices on much of anything... except where I stack the dishes! :D I think it's more of a strength issue with carrying around the larger dolls. Lyr absolutely kills my arm when I carry him around places... but I figure the more I carry him, the easier it will be in the long run!

12. I'm around 5' 6" and prefer big dolls. To tell the truth, the bigger - the best:). But I'm not quite sure it is my height fault, for big dolls is more convenient to make clothes... But may be there is some sense...

13. For me my height isn't really a factor. I own a range of dolls from 25cm to 70 cm but i really love the big ones... they're just so cuddly. I hope to one day own a Sooom MA who would be over half my height.

14. I never thought about it but I don't think my height as or will affect the size of doll I buy, I'm 5ft 4 and when it comes to dolls think the bigger the better although I do like smaller dolls too.

15. I'm somewhere around 5'4-5'6 and I'd really love to have a 90cm doll.

I... think that might be a bit big for me, though *_*

But I do plan on some day getting a Mecha Angel, so we'll see if I change my mind because of the height difference, haha.

I have a 62cm doll on layaway, and though he's big, I don't think I plan on having any under the 62cm range. I don't want them to shorter than him.

16. No, not at all. I'm 5'2" and I love my SD girl sitting at home right now but I'm not a big fan of very big dolls that are high...It's just a bit overwhelming and plus it's hard to find clothes for them to wear (besides making it myself which I'm terribly at xD). I like to stick with average SD size for me since it's easier to approach regardless whether I'm tall or short.

17. I don't think that my height would affect my doll's height but I just prefer my dolls to be MSD sized because I feel more comfortable in terms of making clothes, bringing them out and most importantly, the space for them to live on my bed n___= I don't want my bed to be crowded >__<

18. Im 5'3....and im always jealous of anyone taller....specially 12 year olds that TOWER above me....but anyways the size of a doll doesn't bother me. I have a DOT and a DOI from DOD, quite tall and heavy. Did not realize how big they were til i actually went to a convention and had to lug one around ALL day. Neeless to say my arm got a good workout, and Wolfgang got some sweet photoshoots. I think it helps that im a male and quite used to lifting heavy objects. =S

19. Does your height affect the height of the dolls you buy?

Nope I guess not.
      I'm about 1.67m tall myself, but my first doll was a 70CM.
      I now own dolls in all sizes and would never consider not buying because of height

20. I'm 5'0", and although I like Yo's and below, I love my MSD also, and actually quite enjoy carrying her around with me. I really want at least 1 SD someday, though; I'm pretty sure I like all sizes, and I never really think about my height when I'm considering a doll.