1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Does your height affect your doll's height?

Jan 31, 2011

1. I'm 4'11" too and I suppose I have felt that 70cms+ size dolls might be too big for me, but luckily for me I've never been really tempted to get one. The tallest doll I'm likely to go for is in the 65cms range, which I don't find too unwieldy. It's the weight of dolls that concerns me rather than the height. My Dollfie Dream is wonderfully light to carry and she's usually my go-to doll of choice if I'm going further afield to take photographs, she's as light as a YoSD.

2. I like this! I'm 5 feet tall and I like the idea of dolls which are very large. I've never 'met' any SD sized or larger {DM's Lusiondoll Dahlia and AoD's 1/2 line are about half my height, I really would like to meet them one day :O like an actual small child heheh} but it's definitely so amusing to have a 'not-so mini' doll or person which looks very huge when I hold it xD When I got my very first 1/4 size doll, she seemed VERY small to me up close. But as I stepped away from her as she stood up, she seemed huge. Even if she stands next to me with an arm up, I can just about hold her hand barely leaning to the side. It's so amusing, and when friends see my dolls in person, they comment that next to me it's very large, but in their own hands, very small. I wonder what their reaction is when I bring a tiny or a 1/3 size...hrmm...

3. I never really thought about this before in all honesty
      I'm 5'3 x3 I actually love the fact that my SD boy, while standing, is just above my knee >//w//< I'm actually saving up for a 70cm right now :L I'm really excited to see how tall he would be standing by me x3
      So in a sense, for me personally, it doesn't really affect me ^ ^

4. I'm 5'4" (and I'm a guy >.<), and I definitely feel like larger dolls are hard to handle! As much as I love a few SD sculpts, I decided after getting a chance to play with a few that I would stick with my MSD's.

5. I'm pretty much the shortest person I know, 5' 2", And my first doll was about 58cm? Even though shes nearly half my height I just love her! I eventually got another SD about 61cm and he's my favourite XD
      I actually love the larger sizes more, but I do still love my Yo-SD girl, she's just fun size! ;)

6. My height doesn't factor in at all. I'm 5'1". I only have tiny ones right now but that's a money issue not a height issue. I absolutely want to and plan to get an SD sized doll in the future. If I can handle a 550cc motorcycle I don't think a 2' doll is going to be an issue. ;)

7. I don't think it does. I went for a 1/3 size mostly for practical reasons and not because the doll would look massive compared to me. The larger the doll the easier to sew for! ^_^

8. My height has not effected what dolls I will get, not as of yet anyhow. I'm planning to order a 62cm boy and I'm open to 70+80cm dolls and I'm only 5"... haha.

9. For me it's more handling, that determines the height of my dolls. I'm 5"7' and only own MSDs. My tallest (and the tallest I ever wanted to get) is 52cm. To me, the big sizes are to unwieldy and hard to handle. Though I do like the faces of a lot of the big ones very much, I'd never get one.

10. I am 5 '5 and I am not sure if that determines my attraction to the SD size or not. I also like the handling of the MSD size bjds for meets and travel. However SD sized seems to be my favorite (for now)

11. My height is 5' 8 " but my dolls range from tinies to an EID Model guy. I love having the different sizes and the weight would be a bigger factor to me than the height. I wouldn't want to carry a really heavy doll around to a meetup when I could just take a few tinies.
      The height would not be the problem except when I went to BJDC 2010 I took a 65cm doll and he just barely made it into my suitcase. He was no where near as heavy as my IH Arvid but I wouldn't probably take that large a doll to a convention or meetup again. However, I do love seeing ones that others bring. Also I do have to admit that dressing the larger dolls is usually easier than dressing a tiny.

12. I'm a bit too tall for my own taste - 175 cm. So I prefer bigger dolls (70+) because they... make me feel smaller. This is silly, I know -_-

13. I don't think so. Yes, I am short, but that is not why I prefer smaller dolls (45 cm and under) I think it has more to do with space. I live in a dorm so bigger dolls simply would take up more space and get in the way more often I feel.

14. Nope, I'm an average height for a female at 5'5", and I love dolls of all sizes. However, I tend to like larger dolls better (65-70 cm range). But I also have a Pipos Cheshire which I love as well. Sometimes it gets old carrying around larger dolls, but they are my favorite so it doesn't really matter to me ^^ I'll put up with the size and weight.

15. I'm 5'2", definitely on the short side. This has no affect on what dolls I buy though. It really has nothing to do with height, I just pick the one I like. Though I will admit that 70cm dolls are too tall for me, but that's just a personal preference and not related.

16. I haven't thought about it, but I don't think so. I'm 1,78cm (5'10'') and big dolls still bother me.

17. it does not affect me at all

18. It's never occurred to me that my height could affect the dolls I like...I'm 5"9, so I'm usually considered tall for girly standards, but I love both small and big dollies :D
      So far I have a 42cm girl (Resinsoul Li) and a 52cm boy (Souldoll Vito Sharics). I am definitely going to be getting some 70cm dollies, without a doubt; I love the bigness XD on that note, ever since I got my girl, my boy has seemed a lot bigger, though I know he's only small compared to some of the big boys on my wish list :P I haven't had any trouble handling either of them yet, though Abigail, my MSD, does feel really small to me...I handle her a lot more gently than my boy because she feels so frail. I think I definitely prefer bigger dolls so far, though I don't own any true SDs:sweat

Maybe the fact that I am tall makes me like tall dolls?:lol:

19. I'm short too, only 5', but on the contrary I love the big guys!! My MSD already reaches just under my knee, so I can't wait to get my first SD and see how we match up! XD I would love to take a photo of us "walking" together. ^w^

20. A little bit! I have all MSDs and while they don't have to be like in scale for the characters exactly... I don't want one that's suppose to be a smaller character looming over a bigger one. For example, I was looking at getting a DIM boy.. until I saw he'd be 47 cm tall and be just huge, bigger than my JID boy in height... so I decided against it. That's pretty much the only example I've come across if one doll's character that's suppose to be a little shorter than another, but the doll's like a cm bigger.. that doesn't bother me, but when it's three or four cms taller it's usually a no go. I'm rarely committed to any particular mold, I'm more interested in finding dolls to suit the character so this has yet to be an issue for me.