1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Dolk Company Reviews

Aug 10, 2010

1. * What did you order? DollPamm Unicorn Seravie

* When did you order? July 2020

* Did you order directly from the company, or through a distributor or dealer? Dolk is an official DollPamm dealer.

* How was the communication? Decent enough, once I had pestered them.

* How easy was it to pay? It's easy to pay them via PayPal.

* How long did it take to ship? Horrifically long. They miscommunicated with DollPamm and the company sent Dolk the wrong color doll. DollPamm then rushed the correct color to Dolk... where Dolk let it sit around for over a month in their warehouse before I contacted them multiple times. And then I had to contact them further to ensure it was shipped. I had to hound them every step of the way.

* Was the quality appropriate for the price, in your opinion? Yes, but that has nothing to do with Dolk, DollPamm just makes gorgeous dolls.

* Did the item look like the sales pictures? Yes.

* Were you satisfied with the product?
      A hesitant yes, as the mishandling by Dolk really made me lose enthusiasm for receiving the doll.

* If you weren't satisfied, how did the company solve your problem? After all the fighting I did with them to get this doll, I haven't bothered to contact them. I'm still irritated they asked for more money to ship it after putting me through such a mishandled process.

* Would you order from this company again? NO, NO, HELL NO. Dolk made the whole experience miserable. I'd rather gnaw off my own leg than order anything from them again.

* Would you buy this company's products second-hand? N/A

2. * What did you order? In Stock!!MiniFee Luha Full Package

* When did you order? March 9th (shipped April 11th)

* Did you order directly from the company, or through a distributor or dealer? Dolk is a dealer for Fairyland(for some reason?)

* How was the communication? Really not great? Sometimes they would respond within a day, other times I was ignored entirely, at times I felt lied to. I was told the delay was due to lack of flights during the current situation, which was just an excuse to keep me at bay. Since ordering this doll I had made three other orders from Korean companies that shipped and arrived promptly no problem! (Which, how the heck are they going to blame the shipping service before even shipping it?)

* How easy was it to pay? very

* How long did it take to ship? Way WAY too long for an in-stock item. I had sent them several inquiries, they either tried to pacify me with excuses or ignored me entirely. In the end after a chain of chat logs and messages through every avenue they have, I resorted to ranting and pleading with them to ship this doll after a month had passed, and they finally did. I feel a fool for not checking more recent reviews.

* Was the quality appropriate for the price, in your opinion? Yes, fortunately.

* Did the item look like the sales pictures? Yes.

* Were you satisfied with the product? Yes, fairyland makes gorgeous dolls.

* If you weren't satisfied, how did the company solve your problem? They did make up for my wait a little by providing expedited shipping.

* Would you order from this company again? NO WAY! ABSOLUTELY FLIPPIN' NOT! My doll arrived yesterday and after making sure all was as it should be, I have deleted my account with them and will never, no matter how desperate, order there again. Avoid this retailer at all costs.

3. * What did you order?
      Doll Chateau - Noah 2 (half closing eyes)

* When did you order?
      June 2021

* Did you order directly from the company, or through a distributor or dealer?
      From Dolk Station Us.

* How was the communication?

Good communication

* How easy was it to pay?
      Easy with paypal.

* How long did it take to ship?
      It’s an item that in-stock. It shipped on June 25th and I received it on July 15th

* Was the quality appropriate for the price, in your opinion?
      Yes

* Did the item look like the sales pictures?
      Yes

Yes

* If you weren't satisfied, how did the company solve your problem?
      N/A

* Would you order from this company again?
      Yes

* Would you buy this company's products second-hand?
      Yes, if they can attach the pictures of the product on their website

4. What did you order?
      In stock Souldoll Zenith body in Normal skin via 3 month layaway

When did you order?
      End of April 2021

Did you order directly from the company, or through a distributor or dealer?
      Dolk US is a distributer for Souldoll.

How was the communication?
      Good; they keep regular business hours, so I never heard from them on weekends.

How easy was it to pay?
      Very; their main Paypal is in their order confirmation email.

How long did it take to ship?
      It took about 3 days to confirm via photo that my order was correct; however, my order was not shipped.

Was the quality appropriate for the price, in your opinion?
      N/A

Did the item look like the sales pictures?
      Yes

Were you satisfied with the product?
      I did not receive it.

If you weren't satisfied, how did the company solve your problem?
      They didn't. Shipping was estimated to be $84 on my invoice, but after my layaway was complete, they asked for an additional $77 (91% of the first shipping estimate!), totaling $161 for shipping for a non-limited, in-stock item with no extras (hands, feet, etc). I told them that was unacceptable and refused to pay outside of my invoice, and they said "but Covid". Covid has been ongoing for over a year and Dolk's habit of upcharging people at the last minute goes back to 2017.

They said they would "see what they could do", but would not cancel my order and I heard nothing else from them for a couple days. I escalated all three of my payments to Paypal to claims, then disputes, and was awarded a full refund by Paypal about a week later.

Would you order from this company again?
      Absolutely not.

Would you buy this company's products second-hand?
      N/A

5. * What did you order? WITHdoll JWD Eliza, normal skin, blank, D-bust. Included were one pair of extra hands, one pair of heeled feet, and one pair of complimentary acrylic eyes.

* When did you order? July 2nd, A.D. 2021 on layaway until August 30th.

* How was the communication? A gap between ordering and shipping phases, but each layaway payment was confirmed by the company; no need to rely on PayPal's automatic notifications alone. An English-literate customer service representative took over correspondence after I completed my layaway. Neither of us appeared confused by the other, and our correspondence was friendly and professional.

* How easy was it to pay? Easy; used my PayPal account.
      * How long did it take to ship? Ten days.
      * Were there any missing or broken items in your order? No.

* If there were any problems with your order, how did the company handle them? The only problem was a shipping fee additional charge for EMS delivery. The company forewarned me of this, and asked for my agreement in writing. I complied and the rest of my ordering process went smoothly. I was asked to notify the company of my order's arrival, and I fulfilled this request today. Note: every Asian country I ordered from recently is experiencing a need to add additional charges for EMS or withdraw free worldwide shipping offers for my postal region, so this is hardly unique to Dolk in my case. I checked Japan Post in English for comparison.

* Would you order from this company again? Likely, yes. As my first time ordering a BJD, I enjoyed little difficulty. :)

#45 valesophitia, Sep 18, 2021
      Last edited: Sep 18, 2021
    6. What did you order?
      IOS Tauros

When did you order?
      19/9/2021

Really bad. It took a long time for them to reply and even ignored my messages at times.

How easy was it to pay?
      Easy via Paypal

They still haven't shipped it despite the doll being in stock. They charged me an extra $111 on top of the $68 shipping fee to Australia and only informed me that weeks after they told me my item was ready to ship. I should've just asked for a refund instead but I've read here about the horror stories of how difficult it was to get a refund from them.

N/A

N/A

They're just a dealer for IOS. I am not very pleased with their service though.

It would be better if their customer service can be better and at least inform us on how much the shipping actually is.

N E V E R

Over my dead body lol.

7. * What did you order? Fairyland minifee Rin

* When did you order? July 2021

* Did you order directly from the company, or through a distributor or dealer? I ordered via Dolk (dealer/distributor for FL)

* How was the communication? Excellent. Dolk was very prompt with their responses and customer support was extremely kind in returning my inquiries

* How easy was it to pay? Very easy (I used paypal for the transaction)

* How long did it take to ship? Due to fairyland needing to make the doll, it took about 4 months but this was noted on Dolk's website, and they shipped fairly quickly after notifying me of the completion of the order.

* Was the quality appropriate for the price, in your opinion? Yes. She was absolutely beautiful and well strung

* Did the item look like the sales pictures? Yes. They took pictures of the order for me and confirmed prior to shipping

* Were you satisfied with the product? Very

* If you weren't satisfied, how did the company solve your problem? N/A

* Would you order from this company again? Yes

8. * What did you order? Dolk x Switch Emerald ver. limited Rusi head

* When did you order? May 25th, 2021

* Did you order directly from the company, or through a distributor or dealer? I ordered via Dolk as this was a dealer exclusive collaboration.

* How was the communication? At first it was okay — my order and layaway payments were confirmed fairly consistently.

* How easy was it to pay? Very easy (Paypal).

* How long did it take to ship? They never did. I saw they received the heads on November 19th. I gave them 1-2 weeks before I contacting them to inquire when my head would ship. I never got a response, so I contacted them again and still nothing. I currently have a Paypal claim open with them for two of my layaway payments. Sadly, the first one was rejected because the payment was done so long ago, so I’m out at least $150. Even after opening a claim, Dolk has not responded to either myself directly or Paypal.

* Was the quality appropriate for the price, in your opinion? I can’t really speak to this since I never received it. I knew this head would be expensive because of the limited faceup and I’m sure it would have been gorgeous since Switch does such beautiful work. I didn’t mind paying a premium price for it.

* Did the item look like the sales pictures? N/A

* Were you satisfied with the product? N/A

* If you weren't satisfied, how did the company solve your problem? The dealer, Dolk, is who I have issues with. At this point, Paypal is going to have to step in and refund me since Dolk has done nothing.

* Would you order from this company again? Very unlikely, but it’s frustrating because Dolk has a lot of exclusive collaborations with other companies.

* Would you buy this company's products second-hand? Absolutely.

9. NEGATIVE

* What did you order?

Dolk Rozen Maiden Shinku doll (MSD) + doll case

* When did you order? July 2020

* Did you order directly from the company, or through a distributor or dealer? DolkUS

Replies were prompt, so nothing I can complain about. Pre-calculated shipping costs were really low compared to the actual ones, so this is a big minus.

Easy (Paypal)

Shipping was kinda fast once they have informed me about the dolls' arrival and after paying the additional shipping fee.

Price tag was kinda high for a MSD doll by Myou (whose dolls seem to be rather low-priced).

Yes.

I'm satisfied with the doll but I'm very disappointed of the customer service of DolkUS.

I paid 55 USD shipping at the beginning for both, doll + case, and then had to pay ~the same amount again. At first I thought, okay, since they discovered that doll and doll case can't be shipped together in one package (would have been good to know before ordering but okay) I'm just paying the additional ~56 USD and then everything is fine but nope...they have also asked me to pay additional 138 USD shipping for the doll case several days later. -.-

On top of that they have also told me that the doll case has a little flaw from production / inspection which was "not avoidable" and therefore no refund was possible. So in the end I have to pay 138 USD extra (!!!) for a damaged doll case.

It was also strange to see that they seemed to unpack the doll and took pictures of all parts without asking before.

N/A

Never.

N/A

10. * What did you order? Granado Female Body Maiden 1; Loong Soul shoes; Loong Soul wig
      * When did you order? July 14, 2021
      * How was the communication? Good. I would recommend reaching out if you haven't heard from them in a while. One of the items I ordered (the wig) was sold out, and the company emailed me on July 22 to ask if I would like a refund or replacement. I had the item refunded and communication was consistent throughout the refund process. I did check in on the status of the order on January 6, 2022 and received a response on the same day that they would check with the shipping department, and on January 9 they replied that the item had shipped.
      * How easy was it to pay? Not difficult, though payment is not integrated within the website, you must pay through PayPal.
      * How long did it take to ship? Six months (179 days).
      * Were there any missing or broken items in your order? No.
      * If there were any problems with your order, how did the company handle them? N/A
      * Would you order from this company again? Yes.

11. What did you order? Dollzone Limited Heavy Rain - Jun (with layaway)
      Did you order directly from the Company?
      I ordered directly from Dolkstation.
      How was the communication? The communication was great, friendly and absolutely fast and helpful of anything.
      How easy was it to pay? I used with paypal. so it was very easy.
      How long did it take to ship? Only a few days after my last payment! I was informed every step of the way and was also shown a picture of my doll before it was shipped.
      Was the quality appropriate for the price in your opinion? Yes!
      Did the item look like the sales pictures? Absolutely yes!
      Were you satisfied with the product? I´m in love. So yes! I´m satisfied^^
      Would you order from this company again? Definitely!

12. (Dolk Japan, not the US site - this review is for those who are residing in Japan)

* What did you order?
      Ringdoll Xunyu Full set with the extra head and bonus accessories (not advertised on the US site though when I checked). Apparently only 20 sets floating around in the world.

* When did you order? 31 Jan 2022

* Did you order directly from the company, or through a distributor or dealer? Dolk Japan (In Stock item) - Official Ringdoll dealership, so they are very trustworthy.

* How was the communication? Automated tracking system from inventory checking, request for payment, payment, shipping preparation and then delivery.

* How easy was it to pay? Because it cost above 100k jpy - troublesome due to Japanese anti-laundering laws - Japan Post Bank (where Dolk JP’s account is in) requested for the order for the doll and my residency card. Dolk Japan uses bank transfers or payment at bank. No PayPal.

* How long did it take to ship? 2 days via Sagawa express. I live in Japan. The doll was transported from Osaka to my prefecture down south in Kyushu.

* Was the quality appropriate for the price, in your opinion? Last of his kind to have a face up by Tianba0830 (Instagram - the artist does amazing face ups), so yes.

* Did the item look like the sales pictures? Yes, except a bit more cyanotic looking. But in different lighting, exactly as it is. They also inserted their Dolk certificate of sale card in (some resale value in Japan, I suppose).

* Were you satisfied with the product? Yes.

* If you weren't satisfied, how did the company solve your problem? N/A

Only if items are in stock. And if I am still in Japan again. Definitely efficient here.

13. * What did you order?
      Minifee Ingrid designer’s package
      * When did you order?
      Nobember 2021
      I ordered from Dolkus.
      Excellent. Everything was perfectly understood. They replied very quickly to my inquiries.
      Very much . And they accept layaways .
      Only a few days after I made my last layaway payment :).
      Yes. They even helped me choose .
      Yes.
      Yes , totally satisfied .
      N/A
      Yes.
      Yes.

14. What did you order?
      In-stock Souldoll Angel. I imagine an item they special-ordered for someone who then was not able to pay. :(
      When did you order?
      June 21, 2022 , during their Free Shipping event
      Did you order directly from the company, or through a distributor or dealer?
      Directly from Dolk Station
      Very good. Communication at every step, including sending pics to make sure I knew exactly what was being sent (face-up but no wig, outfit but no fantasy parts).
      How easy was it to pay?
      Paypal = easy
      Shipped on the 30th, arrived July 11. I watched it sit in customs waiting for a flight for 5 days. Covid is still mucking things around.
      It was an appropriate price for this doll, for sure. And free shipping during an era where I have had to pay (at other times, with other people) EMS Premium to have something, anything, shipped, was absolute gold. :aheartbea
      The doll is much nicer in person. :aangel:
      Yes.
      Yes.
      N/A

15. What did you order? Peakswoods Gumiho Miro and Guu Doll Nadiya
      When did you order? I believe October 2021, could have been September
      Did you order directly from the company or through a distributor or dealer? I ordered from Dolk Station
      How was the communication? Excellent. I mainly communicated through Facebook and my questions were always quickly answered, and then I usually got a follow up email as well.
      How easy was it to pay? Super easy. They gave me a really convenient custom layaway and we're super understanding and friendly to work with.
      How long did it take to ship? I want to say three months, which was right on target for what they had told me.
      Was the quality appropriate for the price? Yes Since Peakswoods shortened their layaway I've had to find another way to get their dolls and Dolk seems to be that way. The Guu Doll was honestly a steal. A beautiful full doll for a super reasonable price.
      Did the item look like the sales picture? Yes. They also sent me pics of my exact dolls to approve of before shipping.
      Were you satisfied with the product? Extremely
      If you weren't satisfied, how did the company solve your problem? N/A
      Would you order from this company again? Yes. I actually plan to in a few months.
      Would you buy this company's products second hand? N/A

16. What did you order?

Tsurumaru Kuninaga "Touken Ranbu -ONLINE-" doll designed and produced by Dolk
      When did you order?
      November 2021
      Did you order directly from the company or through a distributor or dealer?
      Directly from Dolk
      Good, they responded to my queries.
      How easy was it to pay?
      Easy
      I received the order on 1st May 2023. It was delayed by a couple months, but they shipped my order promptly once it was ready.
      Was the quality appropriate for the price?
      It was a very expensive order, but after receiving the doll and seeing the quality of the clothing, accessories and sculpt design, I would say it was worth it. He is my favourite doll now!
      Did the item look like the sales picture?
      Yes, looks just like the promo photos.
      Yes, very happy with it.
      n/a
      Yes
      Would you buy this company's products second hand?
      I would if it was a bjd design by Dolk and I wasn't able to order from them directly.

17. What did you order?
      IOS Osiris class 70 w/makeup
      When did you order?
      July 2023
      Nancy at Dolk is a very proactive and efficient communicator.
      How easy was it to pay?
      No effort, used Paypal
      About 2 or 3 days
      Most certainly
      Surprisingly yes
      More than expected
      N/A
      Yes indeed
      I would buy one of their many collaborations with BJD companies second-hand yes.

18. * What did you order? 'Touken Ranbu -ONLINE-' Mikazuki Munechika - Costume Set [Limited Time]

* When did you order?
      24 Feb 2023

Directly from Dolk, it was an outfit that was exclusive to Dolk

Excellent. Their customer manager Nancy was very proactive and took the initiative to let me know that there was a delay. The outfit was supposed to be out in June 2023, but I was informed that it was delayed till mid-August 2023.

Yes, through PayPal.

Here is where the problems began...
      31 July 2023 - Receive email that the outfit is ready and ready to ship. Am asked to confirm if the address I have on Dolk's website is correct. I confirm that it is. Am told 'we are now processing your order for shipment'.

9 August 2023 -
      Receive email with a photo of my order and am asked to confirm if it is my order. I confirm that it is. Am told 'we will be proceeding with the shipment right away'.

14 August 2023 -
      Am suddenly asked to pay 10 USD more for shipping and told 'This increase is due to the recent rate changes implemented by EMS and calculations based on the actual weight of the shipment.' I'm getting annoyed at this point as the other two emails about shipping made it seem like all was fine and that they will 'ship soon', only for them to suddenly spring this request for more shipping fees on me... Anyway, I pay as I just want my order and be done with this.

17 August 2023:
      Order is finally shipped. But my ordeal is far from over...

21 August 2023:
      Get SMS notification from post office that my package will be delivered that day. Wait the whole day. Nothing. Then suddenly receive a notification that the delivery failed... Check full tracking online and am told that 'addressee was not available' and the package has been dispatched to the nearest post office and to check my mailbox for the notification card. However, I cannot find the notification card in my mailbox... Figure that maybe it's been put in the wrong mailbox by mistake as this has happened before. It is odd that 'addressee was not available' though as I have been home all day.

22 August 2023:
      Go to post office that morning. Explain the situation to the postal worker on duty and show her my SMS notifications. She manages to find my package but needs proof of address. I show her a digital bank statement and that's when she tells me that the address was wrong....!! My address is '15K' but Dolk put in '5K'... Fortunately, I can prove that the name and phone number on the shipping label are mine, so the postal worker lets me claim the package.

I have informed Dolk about the blunder they made with my address (and included pics of the shipping label and the correct address on my order on their website) and they have apologized and promised to make sure the shipping team is more careful about checking the addresses.

Yes

Yes

Yes

N/A

* Would you order from this company again? Probably not as the shipping process was frustrating, annoying and stressful

Probably

19. Summary: Weird

What did you order?

In-stock Little Monica Roselyn head
      When did you order?
      July 13, 2023 - however, I split the payments in 2, and received a request for a third payment for extra shipping.
      Did you order directly from the company or through a distributor or dealer?
      Purchased from Dolk U.S. as dealer for Little Monica remaining stock
      Good... but weird. See below
      How easy was it to pay?
      Weird. I paid via PayPal, but I had to find the Dolk U.S. PayPal address, and I had to initiate payment. PayPal notified me that the Dolk U.S. PayPal account was restricted.
      To understand: Dolk "U.S." (I use quotes for a reason) has locations in Japan, China, and (South) Korea. They don't appear to keep any dolls in the U.S. I suspect, but don't know for sure, that the "U.S." option is meant to signify - we speak English.

On July 13, 2023, I placed the order as a "layaway" knowing I would be paying in full a little while later. There was no option to make a payment at checkout, which I found bizarre. Knowing that this might be a desirable head, I found the Dolk U.S. PayPal email address and sent payment myself.
      On July 16, 2023, I received an email from Dolk U.S. stating that they received my order. What I did NOT receive: an invoice for payment. Nor did I receive any receipt from Dolk U.S. for funds already paid.
      On July 17, I emailed Nancy about whether Dolk U.S. received payment, which Nancy replied to and confirmed the same day. (Nervous Nelly stressing over the PayPal account restriction...)
      On July 22, 2023, I sent a second payment (payment in full, including $30 shipping). I also sent email confirmation to Nancy.
      Nancy replied the same day asking me to confirm my address. Once again - no option to pay using the Dolk U.S. website. No invoice. And no receipt from Dolk U.S. or Nancy.
      On July 24, 2023, Nancy sent a picture of the head to be shipped, which I confirmed was correct.
      On July 26, 2023, Nancy requested $13 additional shipping (but NO invoice), which I promptly paid via PayPal. I also sent a follow-up confirmation email, because I was still ruminating over the fact that a website that sells stuff does not have a "pay for stuff" option. I got the email restriction notification from PayPal again, and still no receipt from the Dolk U.S. website.
      On July 27, 2023, I received an email with my tracking number. The head was shipped from Korea and took about a week to arrive.
      Was the quality appropriate for the price?
      The head was lovely.
      Did the item look like the sales picture?
      Yes, looks just like the photos.
      Yes, very happy.
      n/a
      Erm...
      Nancy was quick to reply to my emails, and occasionally, Dolk U.S. runs some pretty astonishing sales. But the PayPal restriction threw me off. The lack of collecting funds at the time of order, any email receipt from Dolk U.S. for payment, and all the emails (I DID create an account with Dolk?) seemed frankly bizarre. It's just... weird, man.
      Would you buy this company's products second hand?
      Little Monica? Absolutely. Dolk? No experience with their products.

20. What did you order?
      In stock doll (1/6)
      When did you order?
      August 25th 2023
      It was just fine, they took about 3 days to confirm I had ordered correctly, that the box looked correct before shipment - a bit unnecessary, but better than not hearing anything at all. The customer service was very good for an in stock item with no complicating issues
      How easy was it to pay?
      Used Paypal with no issue
      It took 3 days to send out for $40 for EMS - it arrived on 9/6, a bit slower than I was expecting, especially for $40 but the box arrived with no damage.
      Yes
      Yes
      Yes
      N/A
      Probably not. It would have to be an in stock item and I’d have to be ok waiting for a few weeks and paying $40. It would be nice if we could order from the Japan store and pay for DHL express international shipping for half the price and arrive in half the time.
      Absolutely.