1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Dolkot Kiss discussion

Feb 22, 2006

1. I am still waiting for mine

Geri

2. Waaaah, I just ordered one! Didn't see that one coming and I can't really afford him, but I've fallen for him!

3. ooh congratulations! :D post lots of pics of him when he arrives, okay? :D

4. i have fallen in love with Dolkot's Kiss (white skin, Angel face-up for me) and would like to know all about this doll from its owners. yes, i have scanned the previous threads- wonky stringing, etc- but i want to know more. how does the doll sit, pose, etc.? do most wigs fit him? does he behave himself? is he not the most adorable thing on the face of the planet? and other things of that nature.

pictures welcome! :daisy

5. The doll's resin is very pretty - it reminds me a little of the pinky-white of Hound's resin, if you've ever seen that in person. Very pretty. He's slightly taller than the average SD13... I believe he's 64cm?

The body is okay. In most respects, it really resembles the CP/Luts boy body. It has a longer torso and longer arms than the CP body, as well as bigger hands and feet. He has a nice range of movement, pretty average for that size, and he looks nice doing it. He sits decently. The sculpt is very pretty, though mine has serious crazy legs. The thing I'd say I dislike most about the body is that the torso joint pops out really easily, even after I've restrung him.

I haven't had a problem with wigs fitting him, though he does have a bigger head than El. I think it's still smaller than Volks Kun or the old 4 sisters head (that's a big head!!). I'd prolly stick with wigs with some elastic. :)

And yes, he's adorable. I love mine. I need to finish him.

6. I haven't had many problems with my Kiss boy's stringing, but I also tore him apart as soon as I got him, putting in new string and sueding his joints. ^^; He's much lighter than my El, and poses fairly well, although sometimes his knees want to collapse. In fact, the knees are probably my biggest problem with him. ;_;

He's very thin, though, despite how tall he is! My Jian Mei really needs a belt, because his pants want to just slide right off of him. XD

And yes, he is very pretty. Here's a few pictures of my boy, if you'd like to see him. ^^

7. I just got my Kiss yesterday, hurrah! I really love him, his resin is a lovely shade (he's BW).
      He is pretty slim for his height, and yeah, he's wearing a belt to keep his trousers up ^_^
      He poses pretty well (haven't tried anything too crazy so far), although I second the comment about the knees bending suddenly, like he just HAS to sit down! And with the torso popping out every now and again.

All in all though, he's just gorgeous. (as thesaraghina's Jian Mei will show!)

I just did his faceup this afternoon and it's really dark here, so no great pics yet, but I do have one:

[​IMG]

8. thank you, guys! saraghina, babyrubysoho, your boys are gorgeous (i love the lip piercings!) i'm a bit concerned about the knee and torso problems, especially since i know squat about restringing (is there an online restringing tutorial?) but his overall gorgeousness overwhelms all other concerns. and he is tall, isn't he. i like tall and skinny. most of his clothes will be custom made so it is to be hoped i won't have to worry about a belt.

of course, it'll be over a year before i can afford this doll, i hope he doesn't go off the market or something :eusa_pray

9. I am a stringing newbie, and I managed to restring the legs/body with access to a pen and dental floss. XD The torso and knees are a problem, because I didn't have problems like this with my last large boy, but I've learned not to lift him up by his chest XXXD

10. that gives me some hope, then. the horror stories i have heard of legs popping off and s-hooks chipping resin leave me terrified! i assume there's some logic to stringing, now if only i can discover it... :ablink:

11. Since I've decided I've been wanting to get a kiss doll, can the owners please let me know the pros and cons of the dollnot boy body? =D Does is pose well, is it smooth and all that good stuff. And while I'm at it, if I were just to get the kiss head, what body do you all think would go good with him? Thanks ^_^

12. i asked about this just today ("all about Kiss"), maybe our threads could be merged...

13. Ah I should of seen this thread earlier before I posted mine up in generall. Thing is, I'm worried now about the knee joints. Not really really but still a concern. Maybe another body will be good for him...but which one.

14. yeah, i'm a little worried about the knees myself... i'll probably end up carrying him everywhere anyway, lazy git :aheartbea

15. what is the problem with the knee joints? i am so wanting to get kiss!

16. what is the problem with the knee joints? i am so wanting to get kiss!

17. apparently they tend to bend suddenly when trying to stand him up. i guess whether you get him depends on how determined you are to pose the guy :)

18. True true, or they can just erase mine XD!! Since I asked kinda the same questions in yours. Hopefully they'll get answered. Btw, isn't kiss just beautiful? XD!

19. Kiss is the prettiest doll i've ever seen. i can't stand it, he's so pretty. those eyes :nosebleed MUST HAVE... will save for years... if only to have... those eyes...

20. Drago stands the best out of all my dolls. No crazy legs or popping bellies for me. I just love him and the white is a lovely color, but not as white as my white Sharmin who just about glows in the dark. Drago is a nice shade of pale.

[​IMG]

Next to hound for color comparison

[​IMG]

I don't think you will be disappointed.