1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Dolkot Mini Junior Discussion

Aug 29, 2007

1. Oooh, I can't wait to see the pics of the new event doll!

And yum, cupcakes!

I'm not sure if there are any photo rules on this thread - the Delf thread has a "no photos" rule, the Minifee thread has a strict "one photo per post" rule, and the Dollzone mini thread seems to have no rules at all. So, to be safe, I'm going to post one general pic and link to the others.

[​IMG]

So here's Crow! He's white skin (not albino, just white) from January 2007, if I remember correctly; I'm his second owner. In person he looks more obviously white, but you can see he usually photographs a lovely pale skintone color. He has a Dolkot faceup but it isn't the default, it's one of the choice faceups they used to offer. I think it's similar to the default pictured, but with slightly different blushing and a different lip color.

HERE is a photo of him bald - he was very displeased. I think the head is not so much big as it is TALL. You can also clearly see the sticky-out ears there. They are changeable and may fly off when removing the headcap. I stuck a little dab of white stickytack in there and it solved the problem.

I think part of the reason his head sometimes looks a little big has less to do with his head, and more to do with his big hair combined with the slopy shoulders his shirt makes him look like he has. HERE is a very rare shirtless Crow photo to remove that complication. He can really work the "no shirt" thing but rarely does.

And HERE's a closer face photo just because he's gorgeous. The only thing I don't like about his faceup is the black dots in the corner of the mouth. I haven't looked closely enough at the current faceups to see if they have those or not. They don't bother me enough to risk trying to remove them. I wouldn't mind them if they were a more natural color, but they're kind of stark as-is. He's still beautiful, though.

About the resin texture, he is definitely not silky smooth, but not rough either. The texture both in feel and look is a tiny bit similar to marble - the kind that's finished but not polished to a high shine - only not with the sparkles marble can have. I wondered at first if he'd been coated all over, but I don't think he has. I could be wrong, though, and it could be the coating giving that texture. In any case he seems to be quite good quality to me. He has minor quirks, but every single doll I have has those!

Hope that helped some!

2. Amy, since you have a dollzone boy, I've been wondering how tall your dolkot boy is in comparison.
      I have a leeke mabel and I want to eventually get a day to be her boyfriend. But I'd like him to be significantly taller than him. I used to have a dollzone girl, and I've seen a dollzone girl in comparison to a mini about the same size as a leeke girl. And the height difference is what I'm looking for. So, is Day roughly the same height as a dollzone boy?

3. Staggering home from the bar one night...

[​IMG]

You can see Day, on the old body at least, is a little bit shorter than Dollzone boys, though it's a little more pronounced in that photo because of boot differences. It's not a huge difference but there is one. The third photo down in this photostory shows Crow standing next to my Dollzone Mo, best to look at the shoulders since Crow has big hair! (The MNF Shiwoo is also on a Dollzone body there, and the short blond always confuses everyone - he's a Lati Rucas head but on an older DoC body, so he's significantly shorter than expected!) You can see the height difference in the 7th photo down HERE, too.

Hope that helps!

4. Amy, what can I say?! You are awesome. Thank you very much for all your comparison shots. Your Crow is so handsome and he makes me swoon (he should consider working that "shirtless look" more often, btw). :D

I have come to the conclusion that I am extremely persnickety. I see your boy and want to shed tears of joy! But then I see some of the newer pictures of Day on Dolkot's site and get so confused. It's not the make-up, not the new body, not the different resin color. Your boy's jaw line is so sleek, narrow and (pardon my use of the word to describe a doll's feature) sexy. Just like the older pictures of him on the DK site. Instant beauty! Studly! I WANT.

But in the newer pictures... I don't know how to describe it. His jaw looks fuller? Plumper? A little more juvenile? And his one eye looks a bit narrower than the other. I've shown the comparison to "non-doll people" and they see it. Maybe I'm just going nuts.

I look forward to seeing the Christmas event doll pictures! Hopefully they will put my worries to rest. Even if they don't, I still want to take the plunge. I've loved Day since the moment I saw him - the worries I listed above are fixable (if his sculpt has indeed been altered). He's still perfect for my "stuck in the 80s" boy.

Here's a whole damn cake for Crow because he's freakin' gorgeous: :smallcake

I'm sure Amy will be able able to help you better, but I just wanted to let you know the Dolkot Juniors are listed as being 43.5" high, while DollZone boys are listed as 45". The new SJDK bodies are also 43.5".

QUICK EDIT: Oh gosh, I love that "staggering in from the bar" picture. :XD:

5. wow, thanks for all the help, really >w<!!

and a huge thank you for AmyAngel, your pretty photo stories convinced me even more and i don't think that Day's head is too big for his body anymore xD.

and Mint, thank you so much, too x3. i'm still a little concerned about the face up, tho >,<!

can't wait to see the christmas event dolls. because it really depends on whether i like them or not... since right now i'm torn between getting a dolkot day or a souldoll liddell for christmas ><!

6. Edited my post from earlier! :XD:

Amy, if I decide to get Day's default face-up may I ask your permission to show Dolkot your close-up for reference? IE: to make sure I get the angled eyebrows and smaller eyelashes?

No problem! Like I said, I'm in the same boat as you when it comes to his face-up.

7. Mint <3,
      if you get the permission from AmyAngel, would you mind telling me here, if dolkot has accepted your request with the reference picture for the face up?
      <3

8. Thanks! And sure, you can use the close up! The eyebrows seemed to be a standard for them so surely they can still manage them, I'd hope.

9. Thanks a bunch! :XD:

No problem. I'll happily let you know.

I'm also going to remind them they said it would not be the face-up like the ones in their newer pictures. That way, in addition to the email I have from them stating Day's face-up is "the one in his original promo pictures" (which has the same eyebrows, etc. that Amy's boy has) I'll have a written record on my order. So if he comes home with the newer one I have proof! Bwah ha! If I pay $55+ for a face-up I expect to receive what they promised/advertised.

I'm excited to see the Christmas event doll(s). Wonder if it comes with the red Santa outfit? :)

10. Bah. Another question!

Anyone know if shoes from Doll-zone fit the Dolkot Juniors? I have a feeling they are probably too small. :sweat

11. The shoes from the Dollzone Mo-2 fullset fit Crow fine, he wore them for a while when he first arrived until his brown boots got here.

12. Bwah ha! That's great news. Thank you Amy. <33

13. Thank you amy ^^
      I think that the dolkot body'll be tall enough. I guess I won't know for sure until I get him tho ;p

14. how long do they intend to keep us waiting with the christmas event doll pictures? >___<!! i need to make my christmas order >o<!!

also, another question... do dollmore clothes fit the dolkot juniors? thanks <3

15. I know! When I asked them they told me they'd update with pictures of the Christmas Event doll this weekend. Looks like they got a bit behind. Hopefully they'll upload them Monday! :XD:

As far as clothes from Dollmore go, it probably depends on the actual item. I bought my boy a pair of awesome acid washed jeans; before purchasing them I compared Day's measurements to the ones at the bottom of the item listing. Seemed okay so I hope they fit! :sweat

Sorry I can't actually "confirm" they work, though.

16. Dolkot added an update!

Looks like the Event Doll pictures will be uploaded December 1st.

http://dolkot.com/shop/step1.php?number=1755

I find it interesting they are using a picture of Day on the Event Doll page. Hmm...

Makes me wonder if the event doll is actually a "new" sculpt or limited version of current mold(s). AHH! DOLKOT! WHY DO YOU TEASE ME SO!?!? :...(

17. I can't wait to see what the new doll looks like, or if it's a limited of an existing one, or what! I hope it's new.

As for Dollmore, I don't remember if I've tried any of my Dollmore stuff on Crow, but I'm sure it'll fit. Dollmore's stuff is kind of all over the place in size, from what I hear, but the difference between doll sizes is small enough usually that almost all things work. If I get time I'll try a couple things. I'm thinking the sleeveless button-up shirt I have will be baggy (it fits that way on everyone, making it good for layering) and the shorts will fit fine. I'll have to half-strip Fitch and Kale to try them, though. I have no idea where Crow's clothes are actually from, LOL!

18. lol, thanks for the help, i really appreaciate it <3.

dolkot sure is taking their sweet time D: ... i wanted to order my christmas present asap... don't know if i'll be able to wait yet another WHOLE week.... gnah... tho i do have a feeling that i would regret it if i ordered liddell now instead of day... this is driving me nuts, honestly.

19. I hope it's new, too! I want more JDKs to love, dang it. :whee:

It's driving me bonkers myself. Just show us the pictures, already! Geez! :...( I'm tempted to order my boy now just to avoid any rush of orders that may pour in after the pictures are released. But I'll be a good girl and wait. I've been obsessively checking their website ever since they announced their Christmas event. Sad, I know.

20. Luckily or not, I think that they had enough bad press from a year or so ago that they may not get a rush of orders, at least until some have arrived with good reports. On the plus side, on their news posts under "Dolkot's New Service" it says that if they don't ship your doll in one month or less you get a 50% refund, and if it takes 2 months or longer you get the doll free. Seeing that is one of the things making me keep a closer eye on them again!

And I really want a Peya. She's going to have to wait a long time, though!