1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Dolkot Mini Junior Discussion

Aug 29, 2007

1. I saw that earlier - I wouldn't mind waiting longer if it means the doll is free. :XD: I wish more companies offered such nice rebates. I waited over 2 months for my DOC and no freebies or anything. *sniff* All I got was a free piece of Velcro... ftw. :lol:

Peya is so sweet! I think I read she takes 4mm eyes, though... I can't imagine how small those would be. *_*

OT: I see you're waiting on a Karsh!! :D I love him. He's on my wishlist... totally plan to sand his elf ears down when/if I ever get him, though. :XD:

Back OT: I saw a thread in the Box Opening section today that had JDKs (Day and LaLa) as well as a new BDK. They were so cute.

I need more Day/Yun/Lai spam. I just love the Junior boys. :aheartbea

2. LOL, I'm trying to decide whether I'm keeping the elf ears or not. I generally don't like them, but he's going to have the scarred arm with the runes on it so it might make sense to leave the elf ears on.

I'm secretly hoping that they really DO mean 2 gift dolls with purchase, and that they are new sculpts. I like the other Juniors but not nearly as much as Day, and they don't have that many to choose from compared to other companies.

3. :XD: Congrats on getting him, btw! Silly me, I forgot to mention that in my previous post. Heh.

He's handsome regardless of the ears. :D It's just I'm not interested in more than one elf (plus my little half-elf Brownie). I love his sculpt so much I asked them a few months back if they plan to bring him out in "human form." They said not at this time, but they'd pass my suggestion along to the art team. Now I sit on my hands and wait. :lol:

Day is definitely my favorite of the bunch, hands down. Yuna is probably my favorite of the girls, and for awhile I was considering Yun too but in the end I realized he just wasn't what I was looking for.

I'd love to see two gift dolls... especially a new boy and a new girl. Oh, the speculation! The anxiety!

This might be a silly question... but are Day's ears removable? I know some of the dolls you can switch ears but I don't know if that is all of them or not. If they are, I guess at least that will make it easier for me to add a piercing. ;)

4. Thanks! I'm really looking forward to my Karsh, and the Breakaway head - they'll both be sharing bodies but Minifees are so easy to change heads on that it's no big deal.

Day's ears are definitely removable. Crow's used to fly off every time his headcap came off, but I stuck them in with some stickytack. It definitely will make it easier to pierce them - no risk of harming the face or head if it's across the room, LOL! Yun is my favorite of the other Juniors, I think, but I'd really like to see some new faces. They've had these same ones for a long time.

5. Oh neat! I really love the MNF bodies. I'll keep an eye out for pictures of them both while lurking the MNF threads. Hope they arrive to you safely and soon!

All right! I'm not sure if I'll pierce his ear myself (might ask my husband to do it - unless I'm feeling extra brave)... having them removable will be a plus though since I can send them to someone else. After that I'll probably just glue them in place or something.

Can you imagine the look on a customizer's face if I sent just an ear without letting him or her know to expect that. LOL.

*opens box*
      *sees a single ear*
      *screams in horror*

:XD:

Sorry... I'm bored and tired. Not a good combination. :sweat

6. Oh! I found another picture of the Christmas Event Doll(s) when I searched Dolkot's Chinese website:

[​IMG]

http://dolkot.cn/

Looks like a boy and girl to me. Wonder if you get to pick (or maybe it is two dolls?!)

7. looks to me like the girl has an open mouth D: D: i really don't like open mouthed dolls at all q.q ... wonder if the boy is going to be the same head mold just on a boy body... °^°

8. I can't tell if that's an open mouth or if it's just her lips. Only a few more days before the full pictures are posted! *crosses fingers*

9. I would bet if it's a new sculpt that it is the same just on different bodies, since that's how all their other Junior dolls are done. I can't see enough to tell about the mouth, I generally don't like open mouths either (except I love Breakaway) but I do hope it is a new sculpt, can't wait to see it!

10. You know, I never really noticed that each JDK boy has a girl equivalent. I'm such a dummy!! :doh

This wait is driving me mad. Hurry up Dolkot and post those pictures!

@Amy: I was looking around the boards today and saw these boots - they reminded me of your boys (your group is full of pirates right?). ;)

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v729/asai1206/m.jpg

11. Dolkot's Chinese site just posted another small picture... I can't tell if it is a current Star mold or perhaps the Event Doll!

They did state the Event Doll is named "Chris." <3

[​IMG]

I am basically stalking their site now.

12. Oooh, I'm not sure what that one is either. I hope the event doll photos go up soon!

Those boots are cool - I have similar ones without the skull and crossbones on Riddick, I think I saw those ones at DragonCon on Albinoshadow's DZ Yuu, they are cool. About a third of my crew are airship privateers/treasure hunters (NOT pirates, Crow will tell you - it's a point of contention with him) and another group are seafaring pirates. The others are archaeologists, staff (and patrons) of a saloon, and a random fairy picked up on one of their travels. Those boots would work great for the privateers and the pirates both!

13. LOL, I need to do more stories and stuff with the crew, they are such fun.

And on the new doll Chris - I'm... not blown away. It's really BEAUTIFUL, but isn't calling to me, unfortunately. I think it's not got quite enough smirk for me, maybe. I tend to go for smirky or grumpy but Chris looks kind of sad. I think it would make a better girl than boy.

On the plus side, that means I don't have to try and get one in a split, leaving money so I can get my pirate captain here sooner, if I don't have a weak moment and buy some of those jointed Dikadoll hands instead...

There are so many temptations!

14. LOL! I actually thought Chris was a girl prior to seeing the boy body at the bottom of the site. He's lovely, but he's not for me. I still love Day the most! :D

I've recently been tempted by Karsh, too. I was saving for Day, planning to get Karsh later down the line... but Karsh is so damn cute too. Decisions, decisions! I can't decide which would look better with my Petsha. </3 I even asked the hubs which he thinks I should buy first and he was no help whatsoever.

I saw on their front page they don't want Chris to be sold privately... what does that mean?

If anyone sees a split for the Dolkot event, please point me in the right direction. :thumbup

15. I'd say not wanting it to be sold privately, means "It's a gift, so don't sell it on the secondhand market." To which I personally, very maturely, say "You're not the boss of me!" I kind of understand their sentiment, but I don't see how they think they can dictate what people do with their own possessions once they have them, you know? I'd think they'd prefer it to be sold on and loved than sit in a box gathering dust. Especially since they're giving it to those who order other sizes of dolls - lots of people who buy SD size or Tiny dolls don't WANT mini size ones. I think maybe Volks has a similar request for their little gift dolls they give away at Dolpas, or something (Rei-Tenshi?), and of course you do see those up for sale from time to time.

I think there was a company that at one time refused to sell again to anyone who sold one of their dolls secondhand. Some companies I think are a little too attached to their work.

I would REALLY love to have a Chris - it's a Dolkot, in my fave size range, and beautiful; but it's not drawing me in enough to make me willing to spend money on it at this point. I was really hoping I'd see it and say "OMG. I must have that." but it's not happening. It's good for my bank account, though! I still have one more payment on my Karsh! (If it ever arrives at DDE. I'm starting to think it never will!)

16. @Amy: Ahhh! I see what you're saying. I agree, though - as far as I'm concerned, once the buyer receives a doll they are free to do as they please. People do have their size preferences, not to mention some people (like me) are looking for certain molds for pre-existing OCs.

In the end, Day still wins my girl's heart (not to mention mine). I've decided if I don't find a split within the week, I'll just order him myself because I'll have enough for him after my next pay day. :XD: Who knows? Maybe I'll fall for Chris once he gets here. If not, I'll take it from there. :aheartbea

17. Bah! I have no self control.

I did it. I ordered my beautiful Day. I couldn't wait any longer... :XD: I chickened out and ordered him blank, though. I'd hate to receive an unexpected style, so I'll commission a custom one from a DoA artist! :D

I'm so excited! :XD: I can't seem to find a Dolkot Waiting Room. Is there one? :?

*bounces off the walls*

I can't wait to see Chris in person. Maybe I'll be more smitten with him once I see him blank.

18. Awesome, congrats!!! Take some blank photos of Day, too - I've never seen one blank! I like seeing blank sculpts and seeing what can be made of them, I adore the faceup my Day has and hope nothing ever happens to it, but I'm ordering all my new dolls blank these days.

19. Hehe, thank you. :)

I'll be sure to take plenty of photos. I've never seen a blank sculpt in person before... I'm actually very excited about a custom face-up. :XD: Slightly nervous about sending his head off, but I figured I was planning to send off his ear to get pierced, anyway - might as well send the whole head! :lol:

Searched both the Index and the entire forum... couldn't find a Dolkot Waiting Room so I made one. :D