1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Dolkot Mini Junior Discussion

Aug 29, 2007

1. congrats on ordering your day, mint :3!! can't wait to see what you're gonna make off him <3.

as for me, the event doll really did not impress me at all, so this year for christmas, i'm gonna be waiting for liddell instead. maybe next year, day will be on my list again :3.

2. Thank you very much!! I hope you enjoy your Liddell! :D

3. Holy crap!!

After only 12 days of waiting, my boys arrived today!! :XD:

I didn't even know they shipped! They are beautiful!!! I can't get over the quality of the new SJDK bodies. They are virtually seamless and pose like a dream. I'm floored.

Day is handsome as ever, and Chris... wow. Without make-up he looks so different, like you could make him into a grumpy boy, feminine boy, or apathetic boy. Anything! He's amazing.

Dolkot no longer sends their dolls in a carrying bag, but uses a very sturdy box. It's lined with VELVET. I'm impressed... kinda wanted the carrying bag, though.

In addition to my boys, they sent me blue eyes (I just requested those on Wednesday! When the heck did these boys ship!?), a free outfit, an adoption "passport" for Day, two cloth hoodie robes, eye putty and a very sweet handwritten thank you note wishing me a very Merry Christmas.

Box opening (v. 1) will be up later today! I am proud to finally join my fellow Dolkot Junior owners!! :D

4. YAY!!!! Congratulations, I can't wait to see them! And holy crap that was FAST. I have the paperwork for Crow, I'm really impressed with Dolkot's design on their printed items (I'm a graphic designer myself) - I like the clean modern look to it.

I can't wait to see their blank heads (and the new body) - I may find myself wishing I'd tried to get a Chris...

5. Thanks Amy! :XD:

I'm working on uploading lots of pictures now. I honestly can't decide what to do with Chris. He is awesome but I was planning to split/rehome him... until I opened the box. :sweat Decisions, decisions! :D

6. #86 PeppermintPocky, Dec 12, 2009
      Last edited: Jan 19, 2016
    7. wow congratulations :3! and happy early christmas, i guess xD!!
      can't wait to see them with a face up and outfit :3!!

(don't give chris away, he looks AWSM!!)

8. Why thank you, Tsugaru! I'm happy you like them. I can't wait to get my Day's clothes in the mail, get him face-up'd, etc. I'm scheduled to send his ear away soon to get it pierced (LOL @ his ear in a box!).

As for Chris, well... let's just say he'll be joining one heck of an awesome crew soon. ;)

#88 PeppermintPocky, Dec 14, 2009
      Last edited: Jan 21, 2016
    9. Well, I'm sending my Day's ear off to the lovely mel-mel-chan so it can be pierced. It's kind of nice that the ears are removeable, at least in that sense.

Please hope the USPS is kind to his poor ear!

10. Awesome! Mel-mel-chan sold me my Day, LOL! So she knows about the ears.

11. Oh wow, awesome! What a small world! :XD:

12. #92 PeppermintPocky, Dec 17, 2009
      Last edited: Jan 19, 2016
    13. They're gorgeous! I can't wait to see Eric with his faceup and outfit all done!

14. Thanks Amy. :) Should be getting some of his clothes in the mail here soon. I feel bad forcing him to be almost-nude. :XD:

Quick question! Have you had a problem with clothing staining Crow's resin? Should I wash them before having him wear them?

15. I've not had any staining problems with Crow, but then the only dark things he's worn are his boots and most of the time I put white socks under them! I used to wash everything before my dolls wore it, but then I got a couple more delicate (black) pieces for Ruth and I haven't washed or had staining problems with those. I'd say if it's jeans or something that's likely to bleed AND is washable, I'd wash it first. If it's more delicate or you just don't want to, I'd just keep a watch on it. The only things I've had staining problems with are Ruth and Sapphira's black boots (Sapphy's are action figure boots, which probably explains that) and the Mo-2 default shirt Riddick came with that's made of Dollzone's Insta-Stain black lycra fabric. A Magic Eraser has solved all those problems easily, though.

16. I gottcha! I think I'll just keep an eye on them for now, and if I notice staining I'll send 'em through the wash. Thank you!

Ironically, his jeans actually arrived today! I was thrilled. They are from Dollmore but fit him like a glove. They are even the right length! :XD:

I took a few pictures for reference, in case current/future JDK owners ever consider Dollmore pants:

[​IMG]

The belt has got to go, though. I need something brighter for him. Nothing like acid wash and pink paint splatters to make me nostalgic. :lol:

I've also noticed he has one kicky leg. I find it so odd. Sometimes it just doesn't want to straighten out. Doesn't matter though - we all have our little quirks.

17. Got my boy's ear back in the mail today... just love the piercing mel-mel-chan gave him. :XD:

[​IMG]

I finally booked a face-up artist for him, so I'll be sending Eric's head off tomorrow. Please cross your fingers for a safe trip!

18. Yay for Eric - hope he has a very safe trip! His piercing looks great, too.

AND...

I'd like to introduce Dolkot Chris, Dacey Constantine! Recordkeeper, sometime accountant, and the most uptight member of the crew of the airship Resolute.

[​IMG]

Though not TOO uptight, you can't be with THIS group...

There are some issues with his faceup (done in a hurry while it was raining, lol!), so I'll probably re-do it before too long, but it turned out well enough for now. Here's a closer look. He's strung really tight yet needs sueding at the neck, and he's got the new body except for single jointed knees and elbows, so I'm going to wire his arms so he can reach his glasses. I've got to play with him more and loosen him up some. He stands like a rock, and is very cute!

19. Ahh! Amy, your Dacey is so awesome. I just want to hug him! :XD:

It's amazing how he looks in comparison to Dolkot's official pictures... I'm so happy to see the character you've created for him come to life. :D *squee* He's so cute! Love his tie and face-up, especially. :thumbup You did a fantastic job on him!

Can't wait to see more pictures! Maybe someday you can post some of him and Crow... ;)

Congrats again!

20. Thank you! I will take some pics of him and Crow soon, I want to compare his height to the others too. His suit is a MNF one and fits him well (though wasn't intended for him, so I may try to find him a different one), but he needs his own shoes! I hopefully will be taking a group photo this weekend of EVERYONE, so will post more photos then. I'm trying to get his hair to smoosh down some too, he looks cuter with it flatter, I think. He still seems nervous, LOL!

He reminds me a little of DoC Too. Cute!