1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Dolkot Mini Junior Discussion

Aug 29, 2007

1. LOL! He does. But doesn't that fit the typical accountant personality? :XD: Accounting is a stressful field!

Wow! You're right... he has a bit of DOC Too to him. What a sweetheart.

I showed his picture to my husband (who was interested in what you were planning for him), and he wanted me to tell you he looks great! :thumbup He couldn't believe it was the same doll!

2. Sorry for the double post. I hope no one minds. :sweat

Wanted to wish my fellow Dolkot Junior owners a...

[​IMG]

Headless Dolkot Day is headless. :sweat

Have a safe, wonderful New Year's Eve and a very Happy 2010!

3. That is an adorable doll in the first post, just beautiful. ^___^

(hello, I'm new to DoA XD)

4. Howdy! Happy to see you joined us!! :XD:

Can't wait to see more pictures of your Lala, btw. :D

-----

My Day's future son arrived today, just in time for my birthday next week!

Family pictures found here (sorry, my Day is still headless... but they look so cute together)!

[​IMG]

... I'll take more/better pictures of them once his head returns. :sweat

#104 PeppermintPocky, Jan 2, 2010
      Last edited: Jan 21, 2016
    5. Thanks~
      I'm glad I found a place to frequent. xD

I'm really hoping that I'll be able to do her faceup myself and save some monies

6. You're very welcome. I hope Dolkot's event brings even more owners to this thread... they are beautiful dolls. :)

If you do her face-up yourself, make sure to use materials that are safe and won't damage her resin (IE: artist's pastels, etc). You might want to take a look at The Painting, Customizing and Esthetics Forum if you haven't done so already. There are a lot of tips for doing face-ups there!

7. Oh wow this place has everything, thanks so much!

I'll definitely check that out since I'm pretty newbish to all of this o3o

I hope more come as well!
      I found out about it just randomly browsing.
      Time will tell =]

8. No problem! If you ever have a question or need help finding something, let me know. I'll happily help you search. ;)

Once you reach a certain post count / been a member for a certain amount of time you'll gain access to the Marketplace, too... and man, talk about temptation! So many items for sale or trade you won't know where to start looking. :lol:

9. Yay for more Dolkot Juniors! Definitely read the customizing forum before doing any faceups - the right materials and sealer are very important... every couple weeks someone posts in an emergency that they used the wrong stuff and the doll is stained, or melting, or some other horrible thing is happening, and it's easy to prevent that by researching.

I'm thinking I need to work on my sewing. Dacey really should be wearing a brown suit, the black one he's got on really belongs to another future character of mine. I can't sew really, but maybe I could make him pants at least, and buy or commission a vest or jacket.

10. That'd be lovely ^_^
      May I add you to my contacts? :3

Oh noes I'll be so broke! haha
      I'll have to try my hand at making some stuff once I reach that point, see if I can make anything good.

@Amy; My one friend that got me started on BJDs told me of a Tester sealer that she uses, so I'll probably invest in what she has, it hasn't gone wrong at all with hers.

Sewing is fun, especially when you make something one of a kind ^_^

11. Read up in the customizing section - Testor's works for some people but is tricky and known to yellow. It's basically the worst of the top 4 ones that work without damage. Model Masters Lusterless Flat is similarly easy to find but works better, but is still not as good as Mr. Super Clear. I've got a faceup I did with Model Masters that I really like, but will have to wipe eventually as the sealer is yellowing. I'm not saying don't use Testors (I started with the Model Masters because it was cheap and could be found locally, and I didn't want to spend more on the "good stuff" just for practicing) but do read all the tips and tricks to make sure you get the best result from it. MSC (Mr. Super Clear) is picky about weather, but it takes pastel much better and I find I prefer it, as much as I would have rather stuck with the Model Masters. (And the cans are bigger, so it's not as huge a cost difference as it seems. Junkyspot sometimes has some in stock also.)

PeppermintPocky - I forgot to mention Eric's little one is super cute!!! So adorable.

AND - to everyone who has a Dolkot on the newer body - have you noticed any seamlines? I haven't noticed any on my Chris at all! I need to go back and look more closely, but I've not seen any in just looking him over. My Day (almost 2, so from right before their move to China I guess) has some really severe seamlines even after the company was paid to sand them.

12. Ill have to look those ones up for sure, thanks so much for the direction!
      I did notice that her dolls are a yellow tint... now that you mention it. Hmm...

Do you know if any could be bought at Walmart?

I don't believe mine has any seams, as I recently got her, I'll have to double check on that later.

13. Of course! Feel free to if you'd like. ;)

Thank you, Amy. :XD: I just wish his head was here for the box opening, but I couldn't wait.

My Day has zippo, nada, zilch... not a single seam line on him. He is smooth as a baby's butt. LOL. He makes the seam lines on my DOC Petsha stand out like a sore thumb.

I have also noticed that the cute hooks they included are not very practical. I think his panda is super adorable, but it feels so flimbsy - like it may break. For now I'm just being super careful with it. It was also a pain in the arse to remove his head with it. I plan to go buy a metal one when his head retuns.

Anyone else noticed that?

#113 PeppermintPocky, Jan 3, 2010
      Last edited: Jan 19, 2016
    14. I got my Lala in and I love the headmold, but I'm not sure I like the more mature body for her. Does anyone know what companies are a good resin match for the Dolkot real skin? All the resin match threads I found were for the old resin.

For now, I think I'm going to put the Lala head on Chris' body and the Chris head on the female body. I need to pick up some meal s-hooks, but I'll take some pictures afterward.

15. I look forward to seeing you swap Chris/Lala heads... I'm very interested to see how Chris looks on a female body.

As for resin matches, I'm assuming your dolls have Dolkot's new Real Skin. Am I correct? If that's the case, I haven't seen any comparisons with that... it's too new, I suppose.

My Day isn't RS or else I'd compare him to DOD resin for you. Perhaps someone who has a broader range of dolls from different companies can help you with your request.

Also, perhaps you could contact Dolkot and ask if you could swap the new female body for their older body? I know you can still order the old body by request, and they do offer exchanges (I fail to remember if there is a charge, however).

Good luck!

16. Ahh! I'm so thrilled! My boy is almost home!

Wanted to share a sample with all of you - photograph and art by SheCow:

[​IMG]

I am so happy! She was able to express his upbeat/happy nature while giving him smokey eyes. :D He looks so cheerful and optimistic... I had no idea the sculpt could be made to look that way (I had hoped so!).

When he gets home I'm going to comb his eyelashes a bit (I cut them myself before I sent them to her and forgot to do that). :sweat

Now if only I could order him his new wig... *crosses fingers the shop opens soon*

17. He looks awesome! I can't wait to see him home and complete.

As much as I like my Chris, Dacey - I think he's going to be sharing his body soon. I'm working on opening the eyes on my sleeping MNF El, he's white skin but I think is within blushing distance, so if it works they'll be sharing until I come up with another body for the El. Dacey's wearing the El's clothes and stuff already, so that means I'll have to find Dacey's suit. Actually, I think I've found it - it's just AFFORDING it that's the issue at the moment!

18. Thanks Amy. :thumbup

Definitely know what you mean about finding items and having to wait until you can afford it. That's my issue with the rest of my Day's clothes. Bah!

I'm getting him a new wig once Elena opens her shop again. I just adore the bright red of his CanCan wig, but he needs more volume. I'm going to try a custom red fur one. I think that will help achieve the style he's going for. :XD:

I'm working on saving for his cousin, too. I considered Dolkot Yuna but I want to broaden my horizons with a company I don't own yet. I actually purchased her wig today (just because it was about to go out of stock).

Didn't know you were keeping your MNF Karsh Sleeping head! I actually stumbled across that in the MP and considered him for a moment (before I heard my wallet say "Not now!"). :XD:

#118 PeppermintPocky, Jan 8, 2010
    19. LOL, actually I'm trading the Karsh for some clothes (which I think are at the post office, need to go pick those up) - I'd picked up a sleeping MNF El head a while ago and am working on an eye opening. I'm no good at it, but hopefully I can make it look OK with a faceup. I've got 2 sleeping Karshes on my head shelf at the moment - mine which is shipping out tomorrow probably, and one here for a commission!

I considered keeping the sleepy Karsh, but decided I really didn't want to try and recreate that faceup on it for Jester, and really didn't need another new character.

Elena's the way to go for full wigs! I love the ones I have, but the ones I got for Crow and Riddick were too full for them. Soft and gorgeous and fit well, just a bit too poofy.

The next doll I intend to buy is Crow's cousin! I'm saving up, hopefully I can order in a month or two. He'll be a Dollmore Suntan Pado.

20. Whoa! I totally missed that. I thought I read "Karsh" when I truly read "El." My apologies. :XD: El is a handsome boy. I know someone who's waiting on a MNF El of her own, too.

All right! :thumbup Poofy volume is what I'm looking for. :D

Really?! That's awesome! How ironic. ;) I adore the Suntan Pado, too. What a sweetie.

For my Day's cousin I'm torn between Island Doll Amy and MNF Eliya (with sanded ears). The more I think about it, the more I think Amy's facial features complement Day's (especially eye and head size). I am just extremely tempted by FL's A La Carte system. Regardless of which I choose they will come home blank because their default face-ups don't work for the character.

... Plus ID just released, like, six different resin colors. :XD: I'm just waiting on owner pictures to make my decision.

#120 PeppermintPocky, Jan 8, 2010