1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Doll Betrayal

Nov 11, 2018

1. I have one that I had planned a certain look for and then suddenly my tastes changed and he ended up super different from what I wanted and now suddenly he's back to the look I initially planned for him. Sometimes I buy a lot of stuff for a particular doll and the next minute the style I want for them changes :')

2. When I first read this very interesting thread, I remember thinking to myself...my dolls absolutely wouldn’t dare! But this literally just happened to me for the very first time ever, and it came as a tremendous shock!:? I’d purchased a rare head in the marketplace and thought I knew exactly who he was on sight. I made him a wig and did his face-up and all went well...until it came time to make his first fabulous pastel femboy outft. I’d already drafted my pattern, but for some reason I found myself totally unable to go anywhere near the sewing machine or to even cut into the fabric. This was very strange and totally not like me, and I was utterly confused by it. In the end, he was demanding to be a totally different character...he wanted to be a misunderstood mori boy instead, and suddenly I found myself sewing up a storm for him. Consider me flabberghasted!

#42 PoeticSoul, Apr 17, 2020
      Last edited: Jul 16, 2020
    3. I haven't had this issue with a hole doll, more like different parts of them. My one girl I originally wanted to have pink hair, but she was dead set on being a blonde. One of my big boys was the same way. He refused to settle into the clothes or wig I had originally intended for him. Their characters stayed the same, but their details definitely changed.

4. No, but probably because I never make a plan for a doll until arrival. That way they just can be who they tell me they are.

5. Omg yes
      Rin was meant to have a darker look kind of like DollZone Zo or Ro, but I realized that his head has a more darling and sweetheart look, and his concept was entirely switched up. He now dresses in more lively clothing, brighter eyes, and lighter hair. I was going to get him a different faceup, but the faceup he arrived with was just so nice, I don't think I'll ever have it changed. Rin will just stick to having a lighter aura to him!

6. I learned to let them arrive and tell me who they are after getting Aurelie, my LTF Ante elf. I thought she was going to be a cute little kitsune with bright red hair and she informed me that she was a blonde and that she was not a fox but clockwork. And then she demanded wings and a Dollheart wardrobe.
      Since then, like @starlady I let them arrive first and then learn who they are.

7. I have gone through similar experiences as many in this thread have shared, mostly when I was just starting in the hobby. I had such grand plans for my first doll, but most of them ended up being thrown out of the window because other stuff suited her better. ^_^ My second doll (the first male doll I ever had) went through at least four wardrobe style/palette changes before I remotely even came close to nailing it. Then there was my LS ZhuZhao, who I originally didn't intend to become an archer until I saw the sheer amount of lean musculature on his arms and shoulders.

I have since learned to hold back from going on a buying spree for clothes and accessories before a doll has arrived, because some things you only know when you handle the resin in person! It also helps that I had accumulated quite a number of wigs and BJD stuff over the years; I could mix and match things for a newcomer until I finally settle on their style.

8. Out of uh... five dolls with pre-planned concepts, only one hasn't switched from my original idea. He's gotten updates, but he's been the same character since purchase, and I appreciate him for it haha. Otherwise, everyone else has had at least one swap out. My very first is just now tentatively settling into something more permanent. On the upside, they're all roughly the same size, ish, so it's just a matter of shuffling accessories rather than having to get more.

9. Absolutely! My first two dolls wanted completely the opposite of what I had planned for them. My Unidoll Cupi, Ludo, was originally going to be a little boy from Iceland. I had plans to dye her and do all sorts of things... and then she arrived and I could only imagine her being a sweet lolita. For my second doll, I bought a Mirodoll girl body (one of the non banned ones!) with the intention of using her to hybrid with a Little Monica Sarubia. I had clothes bought for her and everything, and then right before the body arrived I changed my plans, bought an AS Daniel head off the MP, and spent days dyeing and doing subtractive chest mods. That was a lot of fun, but it was a big surprise!

10. Some of mine just kind of went into the direction I had for them, some just went slowly and slowly to the other direction lol
      My more recent hybrid 1/4 boy went a complete 180 on what I had in mind though. I thought he was going to be one of those cute little European prince/noble type of boy, aaaaaand he just starts to lean into the modern/cool/urban vibe LOL
      Not complaining though!