1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Doll carriers? What do you use?

Sep 26, 2004

1. I am using Volks one :) It's very useful.

2. I am using the Volks carrier bag, which was built to carry only one doll at a time. But I managed to squeeze two dolls into it to bring both dolls out for an event once.

3. As of the moment I am using AkagiDolls' MSD carrier case... I love it so muchhh!
      I think this case can fit 2 MSD. It will be perfect when I finally get my girl!

4. I wouldn't be surprised if this is a topic already, but, eh, it's not on the first few pages so let's go with this.

So, you have a long day of walking ahead of you, and you need to carry your dolls with you. It's probably a meetup at a con or something, and, to compound on it, you're in cosplay. You have a few dolls and you want to take them all to the meetup, but you also want to go around to panels and into the dealer's hall and the hotel is too far away to make the trip to the room to grab your stuff before the meetup.

Whaddya do? Is there a specific sort of bag you use to transport them? Do you tough through the day hauling a hard-case around on your back, taking it off every time someone takes your picture (since you're in cosplay, if applicable)?

5. A quad-rolling suitcase with some padding works well in that situation if your dolls are mini or smaller.
      The long soft doll carriers usually have a cross-body strap that I've taken advantage of when hiking, but usually only with one big doll in it. I usually use the bowling bag style with the seatbelts for meets, since they don't need to be wrapped up unless there are more than two big dolls inside. Both of those would have some interference with cosplay or be tiring to carry all day.

6. Other than completely echoing St. James post (those quad wheelie suitcases are the bee knees), I have plans to make a carrying case out of a stiff wooden briefcase for a smaller (1/6) doll. A little elaborate padding here and there and a face protector and that'll keep me at ease that she isn't getting bumped around or crushed (whereas I would worry if she were simply in a material canvas bag). If you're a particularly crafty person, could make your own wheelable case for carrying any size doll (basically a thin wooden box with wheels on it and a handle). But then of course come the questions of what's in the box. XD

7. If you're just carrying a single doll there's a roll up, tube looking case (I don't remember a brand, this was from a couple years back), and for multiples I totally agree with everyone else, rolling suitcases are great - the only thing I wonder about them is (since I don't own one myself), is if you have dolls of different heights/lengths does it accommodate that?

8. I've seen someone pushing a stroller with dolls in it at a con. If I'm carrying dolls to a meet, I just put them in a bag/box.

9. Oh woah I didn't think of that, that's pretty brilliant. Now I have more ideas, hah..

10. If you are curious about doll carries that some places sell, I've had luck with the carriers that Luts (L size) and two types of carries that dollmore carried (one and two). If your traveling on a plane, I was able to take the Luts carrier but it fits a bit awkwardly in the overhead and obviously won't fit under the seat. The dollmore carrier was also allowed on the plane, but it's soft so I must admit I was more worried about it. As for just carrying around at a con or event, I found the Luts carry much more comfortable to carry than the large dollmore one.

As others have said, a suitcase works very well! If I were to go to an event with more than one doll, I would definitely use it over the large dollmore case!

If you want to be super low key about it or not buy something extra, I've also had luck messenger bags and satchels with pillows put in. Only worked for smaller (msd or smaller) dolls though.

11. I put my dolls in a leather messenger bag when I need to. Larger dolls like msd and sd have to sit upright instead of lay though.

12. I wanted to take many dolls with me to parks and places I may have to walk for some time. The carriers are great for a doll or two but I wanted to take all the big dolls..... so I bought a stroller from my neighbor's garage sale. It folds to go in my vehicle and I can pile all of them up for outings without wearing myself out. Granted, I'm gonna look silly pushing them around but I don't mind being a clown from time to time. It will be fun to get nice outdoor shots of all of them together.

13. I usually carry mine in a tote bag or doll bag. I very rarely take more than two or three dolls to a meet, so they fit. I have packed two SD size boys around Gatlingburg in a tote for photos before, which meant about five miles of walking and shopping over 3-4 hours. It works pretty well well for me!

14. Backpack with soft towels or doll pillows for cushioning! ;) If I was in cosplay I would try to find a neutral backpack or messenger bag that I could decorate to fit with the character.

15. Not to rain on anyone's parade but please, please, please don't use strollers for dolls. Even though I (and many other people) find strollers to be inconvenient at crowded places like conventions, I try to be polite and step out of the way when a stroller is coming through, out of kindness for parents of small children. Y'know, like I also do for the elderly and the disabled. I find it incredibly rude to use a baby stroller for anything other than babies.

16. @overlordu I agree wholeheartedly. Unfortunately, my post was moved from another thread with a similar topic, so my response doesn't fit the OP, or title in this thread. I wouldn't use one in a crowded place or a public indoor meet. I was simply replying to how I carry many dolls when I'm going for a long distance on foot for a special sort of shot with my entire collection. I can't safely carry them all. I'm sure there's other folks that can carry 6+ dolls over outdoor terrain, I cannot. I am not rude in crowds (I hate and avoid crowds) or disrespectful to the elderly or disabled. I am a parent and understand what it's like with a small person in a crowd. We saved the stroller for outdoors with my son. Maybe there's a better, less rude way to do that, but I think this will work for me, for the 2 or 3 times a year I go to parks or nature preserves for special photo shoots. I look forward to having my entire collection able to go for the first time since I've only been able to carry 2 at most before.

In regards to this particular thread...... My regular carry method is just in my arms for an indoor meet. I'll strap them into a seat belt in the backseat of my pickup if I don't have passengers there. If I need to carry them for a little while, or more than one, I use my bag that can fit 2-3 dolls which is safe if they have their face masks and 'hand socks' for their protection. It really depends where I'm going, if my doll will be able to sit somewhere or how many I have.

#576 mollym, Aug 5, 2016
      Last edited: Aug 6, 2016
    17. I always laugh any time anyone says a given bag was only meant to hold X at a time because you damn well bet we (as a hobby) have been able to fit more in there. I've got one of the Volks bags and mine comfortably holds two well-padded 1/3 dolls plus it has ALL THE POCKETS. ALL OF THEM.

It's all manufacturer-brand carriers here these days. Two matching Dollmore bags, one grey Volks bag (that at least coordinates with the matching Dollmore bags), and one white vinyl Dollshe bag that Jes gets all by her lonesome.

18. My doll came with a big padded drawstring bag, so I guess if I felt like dragging a his huge, heavy butt anywhere he would go in there, except bald and possibly without some clothes that might get messed up.

19. I use a volks sd carry bag. I like it a lot. I wrap each doll in white silk when transporting.

20. Iplehouse used to send out their dolls in carry bags instead of doll boxes, so I have two of those. They're nice, with pillows and shoulder straps. :)