1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Doll carriers? What do you use?

Sep 26, 2004

1. My dolls are really tall and I carry them in a 26" quilted duffle bag. I am thinking about trying a small suitcase with wheels to see if I like that better.

2. I never own specific BJD carrier. I only bought cushion from Crobidoll and put it in my Victoria Secret's picnic bag. It's hugeee. :lol:

3. I have two actual BJD carrying cases. Which are great, but they're a softer material and I don't feel they will protect my dolls as well as I would like during some serious transporting, but I do use them for smaller meets if I'm taking one or two large dolls.

However when I go to cons, I use a rolling crafting or sewing organizing bag.
      You can get them at craft stores, super stores and even in hardware stores. They usually won't fit anything over a 50 or 60 cm doll, at least not comfortably or not in pieces... But if you have a bunch of little dolls, or a couple of smaller sizes that you're trying to tote around, I highly recommend these bags. Prices vary depending on the store and of course the size and material the bags are made out of, but most places will accept coupons, or even price match if it's the same brand and SKU number.

And then of course, discount stores have a lot of reasonably priced small rolling suit cases. A while ago I saw somewhere that someone had padded the inside of theirs and sewed in some elastic or velcro to better hold the dolls in their standing positions. :D

Hope this helps anyone who is searching! :D :D

4. I myself am mostly using the BJD doll case if I need to transport the whole doll - either SD or MSD. I'm using the Iplehouse case, and it's very good in my opinion, sturdy and it's possible to even put two dolls inside (though I didn't have to - I only take the dolls outside if I need to take them to do the blushing or blushin-matching faceup).

5. for my MSD;s i carry them in an old video camera bag. its a hard shell leather bag with a leather flap lid that locks into place. Then for my tinies i again use old camera case's this time however i use the lens case since it is a leather tube with a lid that snaps into place and is lined with soft velvety fabric ^^
      Ive found the old camera cases that are made out of the hard leather work fantastically ^^ and can normally be found in second hand stores.

6. I have a Cool Cat hardcase for 75cm dolls. I really like the exterior and its sturdy, but no real protection in the interior. It came with two pillows, but I'm going to make a side cushion like for baby cribs to keep the doll secure away from the edges.

7. i don't see the 'hard' case anymore... can you show a pic? And also would individual 'doll bags' like this from soom (LINK) work instead of 'bumper pads? Or do you think they would take too much room? I wanted the big double doll CC case .. always lol.

8. They still have it. It's like $45. I just looked them up today. I'm going to order one of the 65s for another doll. They are great hard cases. I'm not afraid to travel with my dolls in it. I might actually buy a couple of those soom bags and see if they would fit inside the hard case.

☆ Cool Cat Collection Shop. Doll Accessories ☆ -- BJD Carrier Bag

9. I have an Angell-Studio 1/3 bag, currently saving up for Iplehouse bag.

10. I've had no reason to travel with them so far. But I saw a suitcase like carrying case that was adorable. I'll probably see if I can make my own or buy one cheap.

11. I have no funds to buy a doll carrier at the moment, so I'm using a nice blue eco / totebag wherein the doll could fit in sitting-up. I use blankets to cushion him, just in case.

12. If I'm going only a short distance, or if the bulk of the journey is in a car with my family, I seat my dolls on my lap. If I'm walking quite a way or if I'm travelling on public transport (something I almost never do) then I use the Dream of Doll case that I got when I bought Alistair secondhand. It's a nice case. If I package my dolls carefully I can fit both my MSD boys and my little YoSD girl in there.

13. Well my yosd is small so I can put her in any bag I have with some cotton cushions. My MSD will be carried in a Dream of Doll bag that I kept from when I got a DOD Child. So she has a proper bag. If I brought them together I would use the DOD case as they could both fit.

14. I feel like carriers give an added layer of peace of mind when bringing dolls around, so when I do get mine I plan to invest in carriers for them! LUTS just updated their catalog with super cute hard luggage-style carriers and I'm eyeing one for my KDF that's coming in soon!

15. Since I'm waiting on another wrap for my dolls, one of them goes in the Luts pillow, which is wrapped in a towel to prevent any falling out, and the other goes in a thick wrap from Monstrodesigns. Both of these go in my messenger bag for easy travel!

16. Violin case! I had to modify it but it works really well. Especially because there is an extra pocket at the end that used to be for string or other small things, but I use it to keep magic erasers and extra eye putty.

17. I use any bag they'll fit in.

They come to work in bregular work bag.

If I want to akte a lot of them to a meet I layer them in a wheelie suitcase with whatever padding (cusions or a piece of cloth) will fit around them, or layer as many as will fit n a shoudler bag or whatever. I think I managed 20 something to one meet. Around fourteen or fifteen is more usual.

Teddy

18. I bought one from Volks store in Akihabara. It is a large black carrier designed for holding one SD~SD17 size doll. I had tried putting two dolls (one SD size and one 65 cm) in it...it was OK but I struggled a bit to close it.

19. My Yo-SD came in a little furry bag when I purchased her so she usually travels in it.
      For the MSDs I use a regular school backpack with a couple of pillows inside.

20. I was really into the idea of buying a violin case or a coffin, but I never found one that I liked. For some reason I use Lillycat carriers even for non-Lillycat dolls.