1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Doll carriers? What do you use?

Sep 26, 2004

1. just a travel bag is more convenient, and the carry bag is not so convenient actually

2. I keep him inside the original company bag, then put it inside a tote bag which is big enough for his to sit straight.

3. I have the Volks one but I feel sometimes it's too long. I saw smartdoll is planning to come out with a square bad where you can put a doll on each side. I may switch to that one.

#663 aireoko, Mar 24, 2018
      Last edited: Apr 5, 2018
    4. I usually carried my dolls around in their boxes since I didn't have a case for them, but recently I got a Resinsoul from the company finally and he came with a carrying bag! It's super convenient. I think I want to make some more though, as I have a lot of dolls and only the one carrying case.

5. Have a few bags myself. Originally used my Persona 5 Student bag that came with a pre-order for the game, and a silk pillow. After some searching on etsy.com though I found a really good bag for cheap about $10 that has a thick lining. When I'm going for pure safety though I use a hardshell backpack. Super secure since it's normally for a DSLR Camera, just have to cut foam into a cradle position for your doll.

6. On eBay a couple of weeks ago I saw the coolest idea. It was an old black violin case (the traditional thermoplastic kind). It was gutted and set up specifically to hold and secure up to SD size. I fell asleep and missed the auction.

7. There are hard carry cases sold for all kinds of equipment, and this one from amazon would hold one or even two of most big dolls.
      I admit to carrying my YoSds around in wine carriers.

8. made me laugh... 'rather be mistaken for a wino than a doll person LOL' (kidding but still made me giggle)

9. Eh, I live in an area where less than 10% of the population drinks alcohol and the other 90% are so far divorced from wine culture that they wouldn't know what the red cylinder case I am toting actually is. I'm not kidding. Quirk of the locale.

10. I carry them in padded doll carrier that I got in taobao. Recently, I purchased an astronaut suit for my MSD, but padded doll carrier seems to be safer for my dolls.

11. I have a SD carrier from dollzone. I made a back board for the bottom because the bag folded around the doll. It has so many awesome pockets inside and out. I really like the heavy duty canvas it's made of.

12. I bring my 2 1/8 dolls out in a first aid box and wrap them in cloth for some cushioning. Usually I just open the lid with the box still inside my backpack, feels more convenient for me hehe.

13. I'm worried that people will think I’m carrying a weapon instead of my doll, but i want the black long bag with the zipper.

Good to know.

#673 Bklynchyk, May 28, 2018
      Last edited by a moderator: May 29, 2018
    14. I currently have a basic carrier on the way with the cushion included. But right now, my doll only has the box that doesn't fit him with his head on, so I have to buy a carrier because the box is somewhat useless if it can't house him properly. And my doll is a hybrid so that's why it won't fit.

15. It depends where I am going and how many dolls I am taking. I have a Manfrotto backpack camera bag that comfortably fits one doll and my camera at the expense of taking a tripod. I miiiight fit two 60cm dolls inside if I took out the other partitions. It's thickly padded and very comfortable to wear for long periods of time. I just worry about people thinking oh, that must contain expensive camera equipment, let me just steal that.

I have a tough cardboard shipping tubed lined with microfleece, perfectly sized for one 70cm, that I have used to transport dolls on trips/moving house. Because it is round, the width of the doll's shoulders prevent the doll's head from tipping forward far enough to ever contact the wall, so wigs don't get mussed by friction and a face protector is not needed.

For times when I want to take more than one doll in a single bag, I have used a Mary Kay rolling suitcase. The design is awesome--lined with soft material with an assortment of velcro-edged partitions and zip bags to arrange however you like. So, I can even put the dolls in two-deep without worrying about them bumping into one another or moving around. I have fit four 60-70cm dolls and my camera in that bag but could probably get creative and fit more... it would just be very heavy.

Of these, I actually prefer the fuss-free shipping tube; it just lacks a strap and a trustworthy closure at the end. I would like to buy or fashion a long rigid case of the same type where I could carry two 70cms with straight limbs on my back.

16. I have a gambit of carriers. Two original company carriers, a yoga bag, one I made myself, and for the smallest I have used an eyeglasses case and an external hard drive case.

17. I have been looking into SD bags that are large enough for 65-75cm BJD's and amazon ended up being the place! I found some great tripod carry bags and even "lighting stand" carry cases! The best part is a large one that is going to be big enough to hold two full SD's wrapped in individual pillows only costs $39.99! I'm so excited :)
      https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01M6WFDO...olid=1OME6WJI62FDW&psc=0&ref_=lv_ov_lig_dp_it

18. A thick cloth is good enough.