1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Doll carriers? What do you use?

Sep 26, 2004

1. I use bags I've from compagnies : four from Spiritdoll, one from Popodoll (all SD sized) and a yoSd sized from Impldoll.

2. I just use a backpack, she fits pretty good in it. I do worry about the bag getting bumped or dropped so I might invest in something sturdier.

3. i use Volks Doll Carrier and NGC back pack for traveling
      and doll pillow from Crobidoll or Volks blanket for hand carrying
      and i have custom Doll Carrier that fits 8 Dollfie Dream inside

4. I actually use a bag that’s pretty popular for Ita bags at anime conventions, just with extra padding! I’m planning on cutting out the pin panel and adding seatbelts in soon!

#684 Asterism, Sep 3, 2018
      Last edited: Sep 4, 2018
    5. I used to have this nice yoga bag that opened from the side, the only downside was it wasn't sturdy in the least. But I've also used a backpack, a sort of overnight bag, and most recently the smallest piece from a set of rolling luggage.

I'd really love to just design and make my own one day though.

6. I've not seen one of these... the pin panel.... how is this bag designed?.... Pics if possible... I love the idea of a pin panel actually lol...

7. [​IMG]

The bags look like this! (If you can’t see the image here’s a link Meet Google Drive – One place for all your files ) I have the pink one! they’re pretty popular at anime cons right now and for the past couple of years.

8. I’m currently between making and buying one... I think I’m in trouble because my dolls will all be very different sizes! I might get one official one by a company and then see if I could make my own based on what I like about the company one.

Loooove the idea of making an ita doll bag!!

9. I currently use a zip up yoga bag with either a Souldoll or Soom padded doll wrap in it and hand protectors. It's not hard on the outside, but generally the layer of the doll wrap tends to keep mine safe. Sadly my favored bag doesn't appear to be made anymore, but any zip up yoga bag and a good tight doll wrap should do the trick.

I personally like using a bag that downplays what the contents are, so the yoga bag tends to do that just fine for me. I did see someone come to a meetup with a bag they had picked up that was a tripod bag, but they didn't realize the branding on it was advertising extremely high end equipment company that might make the bag a target for theft out in public.

10. I use an old 4/4 hard (thermoplastic) violin case for my 1/3 BJDs.

There are always used violin cases on Ebay. I've seen a few modified for BJD use but the ones I've seen are unstable (doll flopping around).

You can gut the inside partitions and make a custom foam insert (like you'd see inside a Dollshe box for example) for the bottom. Solid foam on top half (if doll fits entirely into bottom). Affix ribbons into the bottom of the case at the cut-out sections to hold doll in place. Make small foam inserts to cover forehead, neck, belly, lower legs, etc. Done carefully, you can potentially transport without a face mask.

If you have one case and multiple dolls, you can make custom foam inserts for each doll. Cost only a few $ each.

#690 AdamK, Jan 6, 2019
      Last edited by a moderator: Jan 15, 2019
    11. I’d love to buy a carrier designed for BJD’s. If anyone knows of some good suggestions, let me know!

12. I've used a vintage travel suitcase with some success, I had to heavily mod the inside so that i could add safety straps to keep everyone where I wanted them to stay

13. My Angell Studio girl came with a little carrying case. Other than that, I have a giant leather purse that I like to use for doll meet ups.

14. A coffin would be EPIC, especially for my IOS and DC! Unfortunately I do not have one (but now I will search forever for a coffin carry case) so I primarily use my Volks carry case since I mostly take my SDs when I go out for pictures. I have a purse I have used to carry one of my small 1/6 scale dolls before, but am shopping for an actual case for 1/6 size; Etsy seems to have a few options so I think I am going to go with one of those.

15. There's a used Dollmore 1/3 bag on Ebay right now for cheap.

16. Special maded hard case allows me to feel calm in journee.

17. #697 Dotsdolls, May 12, 2019
      Last edited: May 12, 2019
    18. i tend to just carry them myself or i recruit my boyfriend , but if im going to an event and im bringing a handful i tend to carry around 1 big weaved basket that fits 7 70cm doll. ther times for transport i shove them in my instrument cases or a doll carrier case

19. With smaller dolls, I use large pencil cases. Like, soft fabric ones meant for a whole bunch of school supplies. For larger ones, I have a duffel bag or if I'm going in a long way I have one of those trunks from Michaels.

20. I haven't brought my doll to any conventions yet, but if I ever will, I think I'll just use a tote bag or a suitcase.