1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Doll Carrying Bags...Buy or Make or Convert!

Jun 10, 2007

1. I'd prefer to make my own but, I don't have time avaible so, I think I should just buy one :)U

2. I use a travel bag for June. There I put her cushions and it's ready to go! ^^ At the moment it makes the function of a doll Carrying Bag very well :D

3. I have bought bags for my 60cm range, and they're excellent (my best were bought off ebay from a defunct company called LaiDoll). Also Iplehouse used to send their YID dolls in a cylindrical carry case. I used to have a couple of Dollshe bags for 70cm, but sold them off when I downsized from that length. Many Soom MD owners needed longer bags for their fantasy-feet dolls.

Now for taller, it's sitting sideways in a wheeled suitcase. But someone turned up with a wheeled dufflebag recently that looks REALLY good for 70 and above!

I can also get 6 minis in a 20" high wheeled suitcase. For lighter hauling, one of those backpacks/wheeled bags work very well too. Have always been jealous of solely tiny-owners. I've seen them using makeup cases, totebags, and all kinds of re-used carriers!

4. OOOh is that the giant one that looks like it could hold 6 or more EID (not just tall but thick sized) boys??? The one I saw was mashed down (empty) so I couldn't really gauge the size properly. Like a sports bag big enough for a mess of hockey equipment... but more solid? Pics of it holding the dolls would be awesome! Since my 'collection is heading to mostly IH EID/SID/YID size.... I'd like something 'just' for transport... my buggy is a tad awkward to maneuver at times. But still holds a ton of doll easily visible too... great for showing off at cons lol.
      And I get the jealousy thing about tiny owners... so much more convenient lol.

5. I don't know about 6 or more -- you have to remember the weight factor - I can feel the handle on my suitcase groaning sometimes. You may have to lift the thing sometimes to get over puddles, on/off buses or other traveling bumps.

But she had 3 70cms in there comfortably lengthwise. I'll ask her at the next meet how she padded up the thing's interior. I know we all have loads of extra doll pillows, but sewing isn't really an option because then you're making little holes which could make it less waterproof on rainy days.

6. For my MSD I use the bag that my painting easel came in :) I like to put her in the drawstring company bag that she came in (it's soft and padded) and put her in the easel bag to carry her. It fits her perfectly! For my tiny I am still on the lookout for something cute that I can use. Thinking about maybe using some type of makeup bag... anyways, I agree with the idea stated above that the "official" doll bags are a bit overrated. Not bashing, but I like to think of things like carrying bags to be an extension of the creative aspect of this hobby. I enjoy coming up with neat ideas that will also solve the problem! :)

7. I would like to eventually buy a carrying case for my dolls themselves since it has much nicer padding inside. At this moment I just use a faux leather suitcase that looks like a vintage trunk for carrying around my doll.

I have to tilt her head down and bend her legs like she's crouching to make her fit, and then wrap her in some light colored fabric. The actual lining inside of the suitcase is black so i have to be careful about dye transfer. (She's a Dollfie Dream Sister)

Unfortunately, I cannot fit my SD13 boy inside of the same suitcase since he's too tall.......

8. I ask person to make my doll carrier bag, it's soo big, it could fit 2 sd with 3 thick pillows inside, and I could actually sit on it, it's sturdy, big, but heavy...

9. Buy...I love my Volks carriers. They are so well made with lots of pockets and they're super cute.

10. I only have one carrier (from Soom) that a seller was kind enough to include with my Amber. I like it a lot, it's very sturdy and the material is nice. I have fit two SDs in it. I don't have any other company carriers, but I was looking into making my own.

11. I was planning on making my own but I recently heard someone mention that tripod bags are quite useful, so am probably going to buy one cheap and then modify with more padding/pockets and such.

12. carry bags are actually not to practical when moving more than 3 larger dolls around, which I usually do every month (for our meet). Another club member used to wrap her kids in towels and use 2 laundry baskets (and a box and bags LOL). Mind you she drives too and I have someone who drives me so I use an old baby pram (huge one). The way I pack them I can get away with minimal padding just to keep resin parts from rubbing mostly.

13. :oWow! I never knew we could get resourceful and make our own traveling bags for our bjds. I should try to customize one in the future.
      I only have two carry bags - one for my Impldoll Gela and one for Akasha - but they both came on these carrying bags on default.

Impldoll's carry bags are nice and have many pockets. They have multiple straps to secure them firmly in place, but they're not very sturdy at all. I had to make cushions for my dolls to have the extra padding protection I wanted. Still, I prefer carrying them in their original boxes when I'm traveling just to add an extra level of sturdy protection.

14. A lot of people use violin cases or flute cases as carriers, but I never have. I just use the laptop slot of my backpack. It helps keep them secure.