1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Doll Carrying Bags...Buy or Make or Convert!

Jun 10, 2007

1. I use a yoga bag I bought from ebay. I just pack it with a pillow and I can throw two SD sized dolls and my Tiny in there :) . It was only 20 dollars including shipping.

2. Does anybody know if the Dollmore Coffin bags are very sturdy? They look so flimsy in the pictures, but I'm dying to have one! ANy opinios are greatly appreciated!

3. Im hoping I get a bag with my DOD doll o.o I mean that should be ok. But not all dolls come with bags an I'm generally rubbish at making anything so I'd have to buy BJD bags...like dollmore coffin bag :D! *melts*

4. I would rather make my own bag as most are not that hard to make and I prefer making things how I like rather than paying a small fortune for ones on websites. Right now a pattern I like is a square one strap backpack and I could adjust everything on it as I see fit. I have so many backpacks I no longer use I could probably convert those by just buying some padding and adding a few straps, real easy :)

5. Ooo... I may have a little something to add to this thread.

So, actually I'm not making my doll's carrying case, but a good friend of mine is, she's making him a coffin case with a viewing window so I can scare the crap out of the people who will be standing behind me at the airport. :)

What she did first was get the measurments from me so she could make a base out of cardboard, and then she had me bring him to see her for fitting purposes to make sure all was right. We bought some fabric and some pleather-like material for the outside and she's going to line the inside with white fleece. There's going to be a zipper on one side and straps so I can carry it on my back, or just over my shoulder, and of course velcro straps inside so he won't move around too terribly in there and mess up his wig and face-up.

I'd have her explain the details, but she has yet to make a DoA account, despite my telling her she can get lots of help finding and making friends within the doll community here.

I'll try to post some pictures if it's done soon enough.

6. Lue's personal carrier is one of Dollmore's coffin bags, I love it.
      I find it to be quite sturdy, and really easy to carry.
      I use the two shorter straps and wear it like a backpack.
      Lue fits in it perfectly, even with his slightly taller SDC body, with room to tuck in several small props and/or clothes.
      You can even squeeze in another, smaller sized doll too, like a Yo-SD.

I use a satiny maroon colored pillow from one of the doll companies as padding over the top of Lue, and a smaller white pillow under and around his head.

He's been on several airplane trips in it.
      (We live in Hawaii on the Big Island, flying is the only way to get anywhere, lol.)

Lue's coffin bag has gone through several x-ray scanners, and even had the inside of his coffin wiped for bomb residue a couple of times...?? 0_o
      (The TSA agents were very careful and gentle, and never touched Lue.)

The case fits very nicely under the airplane seat, which is where I prefer to stow it.
      However, I have had to place it in the overhead a few times when we've had bulkhead seats, and Lue has been just fine.
      The case is small enough that you can put it in long-ways front to back, and place your other bag next to it for extra padding.
      That way no one puts their bag on top of it or smashed up against it.

Lue has been hauled in and out of Taxis in it...
      Lugged around crowded dealer's rooms at cons in it...
      Plopped down on the floor, in chairs, on beds, etc. without any harm, and his coffin case still looks as good as the day I bought it. ^_^

Not to mention all kinds of people will compliment you on what a cool bag/backpack/purse you have. ;D

7. JRyou Thank you so much! That puts all me fears to rest. ^__^

8. I've been using an old duffle bag that's really too small for my SD. I'm in the process (very slow process) of making myself one using vinyl, lots of craft batting and polar fleece. I made a smaller purse similar to my planned design once, but I just haven't had time to sit down and just sew it. It's ready to go and pinned, but it hasn't moved from my project table since April. Maybe because I'm a bit timid about working with vinyl for the first time?

I just saw a gym bag in the Avon catalogue, though...I think it will work out even better than my contraption. It might even hold all three dolls, which is really what I need. I'm going to order one and see how it works out. It also has wheels, which will just be complete love.

9. Haha, I put Kamui in my purse. It's a big hobo kind of bag. He fits nicely, and he can hide if he needs to. I didn't buy it for him, but he's made it his own.

10. I'd more in likely would try and find an everyday bag that can fit a doll, and just make accomodations to fit the doll comfortably. I got a bag with my Kiss (b/c it came with it w/in the price), and it is possible to fit two dolls in their, so I don't need to buy another bag for my next boy. But I also don't like how long the bag is. I'd rather have a backpack-like bag (like those sexy coffin bags, but they're kinda expensive...^^' so not getting one...yet, anyway). So I'm still in search for a backpack that can fit my boy comfortably...^^'

11. Devon & Jones Yoga Bag

Not entirely sure where to post this, but I think this was an excellent find and I'm hoping this bag might be useful for many BJD owners out there. I found this on Amazon awhile back and finally decided to buy one after debating over it for a long time. At this point of time, this seems like a great and really elegant carrying solution. Hopefully, at least one person find this helpful.
      Thanks for reading. :D

Dimensions: 17-1/2''Wx15''Hx4''D. Folded: 9''Wx8''H
      [​IMG]

[​IMG]
      Please go here for more images: http://s28.photobucket.com/albums/c236/LizzKitt3h/dollbag/

Review:
      Overall, pretty good quality for the price. I paid about $11 including shipping. I bought it from The deal Rack directly, which is currently sold out on their website, but is still in stock on their ebay store. There seems to be 3 colors: blue, pink and black; however blue is the easiest and cheapest to find/get. The actual color of the blue is slightly more aqua in tint, so close to my photos, but more vibrant in color in person. It's somewhat thin (no frame), so expect to be adding some more pillows/blankets for extra padding (which is normal). There's 3 elastic pouches on the inside on the wall, one is black netting while the other two are made of the interior fabric. There is also a fairly large hidden zipped pouch on the bottom inside of the bag (shown in the pictures). The exterior of the bag is made of some vinyl type material which feels pretty durable. The insides similar, however fairly soft and smooth. The bag zips up with 2 zippers at the top, so it can be opened from either end. The zipper pulls are made of the same material as the handles on the bag. The handles are made of normal soft strap things like on backpacks, however these seem a bit thinner and much smoother/softer. I haven't done any extended carrying with this bag yet, however it feels like it will hold up well. The bag is pretty light on its own so it won't be adding much weight to the dolls either. So far, I'm very happy with this, I would like an exterior zipped pocket, but I really like the interior bottom one for security reasons.

Size: Seems to be pretty good for 3 blankets and 2 MSDs, I'm pretty certain this is tall enough to fit some SDs, however I haven't tried mine yet as her body is currently still in pieces. There's more then enough headroom for packing blankets/etc on the head and feet ends of the bag around the MSDs. You might be able to get the doll pillows that come with most dolls in boxes to add more padding to the bag.

Packaging: I will note the bag arrived slightly bent if anything, however that's the only complaint I have. It was packed lightly in a decent sized box with a printed receipt (no photos of this, sorry) fold in half.

In addition, I believe this item may actually support breast cancer research, as the tag has the pink ribbon on it.

Another Yoga bag to note by Gaiam:
      http://www.amazon.com/Gaiam-Tree-Li...e=UTF8&s=sporting-goods&qid=1279030384&sr=8-1
      (My friend Ebby owns this bag if you need something larger potentially. The dimensions are: 30.5"W x 6.5"D x 11"H. However, please note that it only using a center magnetic snap to hold it closed and has one zippered storage pouch on the outside. It is really pretty in person and she's fairly happy with the bag last I spoke with her. I am not sure if this bag potentially has more padding or not.)

~~
      Where to Buy:
      Google Shopping link: http://www.google.com/products?q=devon and jones yoga bag&um=1&ie=UTF-8&sa=N&hl=en&tab=wf
      Ebay: http://cgi.ebay.com/NEW-Devon-Jones...WH_Handbags&hash=item4aa2e14ba0#ht_1320wt_911
      http://cgi.ebay.com/NEW-Devon-Jones...WH_Handbags&hash=item4aa2ca0fc6#ht_1320wt_911

12. I actually plan to make my own doll bag for my doll. I was thinking of making my own for like if I were to go over to a friend's house or to meetups, small things like that. But for like a convention or traveling to another country or what not, I was going to try and find a bag at a thrift store that would work really well and if need be add or change things to it. Especially one that if someone were to spill something on my bag (like I read in a thread recently how it happened to someone and the bag protected their dolls), they would be fine. ^^ But I do like the little Dollmore Carrying bag a lot and it looks like a convenient size.

13. My first bag was a tool bag from Screwfix, its got a hard bottom so it protects my dolls when im carrying them on my back. I tend to wrap my guys in their pillows when transporting them however cos im accident prone. I can comfortably fit 3 sd, 2 msds and 3 tinies in it. Doesnt always shut when i do this so i only do that when traveling by car. I havent modded the bag at all (other than to pin some badges on it).

I do own a msd bag from dollmore for when i just take the msds and tinies out, no modding needed there....its pretty easy to get 2 msds and my tinies in it.

14. I bought a Veuve Cliquot carry case from a car boot sale and stripped out the inserts for holding the champagne bottle and two glasses that originally came with it. After I'd sewn in some padding in, it made a great doll case and can hold two slim mini girls : ) Salem is a little taller, so he doesn't fit, but it turned out to be a brilliant solution for carrying the girls around.

15. I made a carrying case so it would be ready when my boy arrives...

It's not done yet. XD

It's made from cardboard, reinforced with a double Modge Podge coating (I love Modge Podge so much, you have no idea) which also makes it water resistant. The seams are hot-glued and taped. The box is fabric-lined on the outside and inside, and then the whole thing was put into another fabric "shell." It has a shoulder strap, a shelf, pockets, and... That's it so far. My next step is adding straps to hold the dolls in place. And pillows. Lots of pillows.

...It's also big enough to carry a 70cm doll because I might want one one day. Yes, I was bored and decided to make a box, why do you ask?

16. I have several bag options. 2 custom made bags from local forum member for my LTF kids. I can fit 2 in each or a MSD in each. I also have a Iplehouse EID bag for my model boy as well as anyone bigger then 50cm with room to spare. I also have to bags on wheels. One I bought form a charity site from recycled plastic rice bags that looks cool with room for 4 small dolls or one SD in weird pose as well as extras. I also have a scrapbook bag on wheels that works well for my small ones w2ith extra pockets for stuff. Great when I travle as can put in camera gear too.

17. I have had 2 cases both I picked up from a thrift store.
      The first is an AMAZING cylinder shaped picnic basket I found and had plans to mod a little but found it didn't need it. It already had some padding which I reinforced with silk pillows I had made for my girls and I stopped using it mainly cause I had a habit of bringing their entire wardrobes with them cause there was plenty of room to do so and this make the basket unbearably heavy.
      The second is a hard case that I'm still playing with, will likely make sleepy bags for my kids. I believe it was originally made to hold 2 wine bottles. I have never seen anything like it before but it works great for me. It came with elastic straps to hold my girls, or their stuff down and comes with a shoulder strap

18. I don't have a bag for Leya yet - so far, we just take her coffin (her box) if we're taking her anywhere.
      I should probably invest in/make her a bag, though.. hnn~

I'd love to see any pictures of ones that people have made.

<3

19. my dream bag is at dollmore and ill buy it someday ^^ I really would just want something that was made to handle dolls.

20. Since so far I only have one doll and she is rather small, I carry her in my purse or use her box which has thick pillows in it if we go far. I don't worry too much about her in a non padded bag for short trips but I'd probably wrap her in something thick with her face mask on if we were going far.