1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Doll Carrying Bags...Buy or Make or Convert!

Jun 10, 2007

1. i have one DZ carrier and it works great :)

2. The only thing I find myself actually using to carry my dolls in, is the violin case I converted. It looks nice, it's not very heavy, yet very sturdy and can fit my Super Gem, a tiny and some random stuff I always like to throw in there. Like magic eraser. And candy ..
      Mission accomplished.

3. I get through bags/cases like water.....I am always on the search for the perfect carry bag....I need something lightweight that is easy to handle. At the moment I am using a large wheely holdall...and also a combination of converted carry cases, and a DM doll bag....It depends who/ how many I am taking to Meets....

4. Man, if I was willing to spend the money, I saw a really awesome duffel bag... It was Dr. Killinger's Murderbag, and when I saw it on the [adult swim] store website, my first thought was 'That would be a most excellent doll carrier!', but then I looked at the price and my mind, she boggled. I could just buy a doll carrier for less! And it would save me the work.

Of course, my main problem with both options is canvas-- when it touches itself, most canvas makes a sound that most people don't even hear, but it makes me physically ill, so I have to avoid using it.

Probably, I'll eventually buy something faux-leather in nature to avoid the canvas problem.

=^__^=
      Anneko

5. I brought a camera carry bag that I hope my Kyoya will fit in when he comes. It's padded with extra padding, and has various side pockets (about 3 or 4). Also it's great for storing his stuff that I've been buying him too xD

(Though at first I thought it was a hamper bag..) Also it only cost me about £3.50 from the local charity (thrift) shop.

Has for Kaitlin, she gets put into her sleeping bag and carried around in my bag.

6. My first doll was an Iplehouse SooRi and he came in the Iplehouse carrier bag that they send out instead of boxes for their Y.I.Ds :D
      It's very sturdy and complete with the straps that keep your dollie secure whilst in transit. I use it whenever I want to take one of my dolls out for a trip, although it's only really suitable for one SD and a few other bits and bobs.

7. Wow, so many good ideas!
      I only have one doll (msd) so far and are too poor to buy a bag and haven´t had the time to sew one yet.
      So I use to wrap her in a soft towel and just put her down in a normal bag.

8. I don't own any actual doll bags but I've been using a beach bag that I got free with a magazine to carry them in.
      It fits both of my dolls. (MSD sized) I sit them facing each other so there's more room for them and they don't mess each other's wigs up. XP
      I've also managed to fit a few outfits in, as well as a Lomo camera (and I think I actually got my big Canon camera in too. I sat it on their laps. xD)
      Also, their heads don't stick out the top or anything. Best freebie ever! :3

9. I've got an Armani Exchange black pleather monster that's a hand-me-down from my mum's colleague. (Score!) On good days, my Lati M and my Kid Delf Litchi can fit in comfortably, together with my Sony alpha. On days when I've got too much clutter (mostly extra coats or accessories belonging to the crew), only either one of them can come along. It's not something that suits my style, hence I look rather odd whenever I attend meets and shoots. o_o Still, it's better having a reliable carrier than no carrier at all.

10. I carry my dolls in a small "personal item"-sized piece of luggage. It fits my SD girl sitting up, and my MSD girl can sit facing the other way. It isn't padded, and I don't want to modify it because I use it for travel, so my dolls get carefully wrapped before being set inside. It does have lots of pockets and compartments, though--that comes in handy.

11. The doll itself is too expensive already...
      I mean practically speaking, why spend another money if you can make your own
      be resourceful, and use things around you and maybe even convert other things you have
      I personally make doll carriers from my bags that I don't use anymore... I put some pillows, sew some parts ,and hwuaala! Doll Carriers already, or some of my friends they use violin or guitar cases...
      You can do this too and save alot, for you to buy another doll! Sweet Deal! ^^

( I am speaking here only for myself ^^ )

12. I'm searching for the perfect Tiny BJD bag and so far I'm thinking cosmetics bags with compartments for accessories :) Just wondering if Yoga mat bags would be useful for MSD/Minifee size dolls?

13. I don't have a bag, but am looking. Is there a pattern for making one? That would be sort of cool.

14. I have a scrapbooking tote that I use. It's got the wheels and the extendable handle and several inside and outside pockets for small items. I don't pad my dolls when I put them in, but I take their wigs off and put on face protectors. It's a squarish shape and I can actually get my Supergem girl, 2 SDs, 3 MDSs and 2 tinies into it with careful arrangement. But when my other SD girl gets her body, I'm going to have to look at something else or start leaving behind some dolls when I go to meets. I've got a bad back, so I can't lift a bag with nine dolls in it. Can't lift eight actually-found that out the hard way at the last meet when I carried my crew upstairs and have been visiting the chiropractor ever since!

15. Thanks for that link...it might be something that I can work with. :-)

16. Old schoolbags... O.o With the camera. It sounds bad, but we try and make sure they're not jostling around too much.

17. I bought the Dollmore Double bag, and it's a perfect fit for 60cm dolls. 65cm and above might be a difficult squeeze tho. I keep my Dollshe bag for my EID but I think I'm going to need a wheelie for that bag because there's no way I can carry him on my shoulder. ^^"

For my Soom tiny, I loved that little cushion she came in, I just asked my mother to make a slip cover bag with little handles and now it looks like a slim purse. Makes a comfy pillow too. :lol:

18. I bought a craft bag from Wal-Mart to carry Chae-ri and a fair number of her outfits and wigs. It has lots of pouches and zippered pockets to keep stuff in, plus a nice-sized central area for her to ride in. The only problem is she has so much stuff now that I can't cram it all in the bag. I may have to get a bigger one.

19. I usually use my schoolbag - I don't take Elly out a lot because I don't have much free time but when I do my schoolbag is usually on hand and it's just the right size for an MSD.