1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Doll Carrying Bags...Buy or Make or Convert!

Jun 10, 2007

1. I have a doll carrier I bought from Dollmore a couple of years ago. It's meant for one MSD but I've managed to fit two MSDs and one tiny inside. Not the best idea. Most times, I just wrap the doll in the pillow it came in and fit that into whatever bag I'm carrying that day.

2. If i'm just carrying around one or two of my smaller dolls, I can put them in my purse with some scarves and they're fine (giant purse lol). If I want to bring my big 70cm boy, then I use the doll bag that Spirit Doll sent him in. It's really good quality, with lots of pockets inside, and buckles/straps inside to stop the dolls from shifting around. With some squeezing, my other 3 dolls (A 53cm SD, MSD and a yo-sd) plus some doll pillows can fit in as well.

It does get a bit heavy if i'm walking around with it on my back though, so I'm thinking of investing in a small rolling suitcase sometime soon. Probably something that is carry-on size for travel, so if I want then I can bring my dolls with me on vacation ;)

3. Hmm I really need to buy a doll bag, although hearing your stories about converting dolls actually gives me a bit of hope, since my money is limited and the next things I need to buy are wigs and clothes and eyes *_*

I large handbag type bag that came with loads of bath stuff in as a Christmas present, if my SDs completely bend their knees then they can fit in. It's by no means ideal and not very safe either - but I was ultra protective so it was ok. I had to use whatever I had really.

4. My friend Berry and I are making our bags. I'm making mine mostly because I don't like the designs or cost of the ones I've seen currently. Plus there's that worry that my doll won't fit in it.

5. I use duffle bags and put the packing pillows in it. I have this huge one that I can fit my 90cm AOD doll and my 80cm Soom Mecha Angel in. Then a large standard size one that I use for my SD and MSD sized dolls. It's big enough that I can fit several dolls, layers of packing pillows, and outfit changes. The bag for the AOD and Mecha Angel is a bit unweldy though. I'm thinking about looking for a wheeled bag for them (bag would need to be around 36 inches high though...)

6. I was thinking about carrying bags today actually when I was walking outside, and I know I'd feel too worried that my doll would be getting squished or his face-up would be getting destroyed in a normal bag (I'm paranoid xD) .. I like the 'official' bags that have those buckle straps in them to secure the doll inside; it seems a lot safer to me. So if I could somehow manage to buy those buckle straps and sew them into a bag, I'd probably be fine ^_^ But ideally I'd like to buy a carrying bag, even if it's expensive D:

7. While travelling with my dolls, I usually carry my dolls in my large backpack. Three SD's fit in nicely, including fleece blankets. Perhaps 4 would fit too.

I got a leather doll case with my RS Gang, which is also useful :). Resinsoul also offers carrying bags on their website.

As for face ups, you can always use plastic face covers to protect the face up. But as long as it's sealed well, there shouldn't be any problems. For eyelashes however it's paramount to use face up covers or the eyelashes will get squashed.

8. I'm not as talented as many here to make/ convert my own doll bags. I would probably buy one that's enough to carry 2 of my 1/3 boys.

I like Dollmore's SD Double Size Carrage Bag:
      http://www.dollmore.net/shop/step1.php?number=6484

If I can ever find a padded bag to my liking, I might consider converting it to a doll bag.

9. I never actually considered the fact that I'd need a carry case for our boys until I read this thread. There are a lot of good ideas here!

I think I'll personally end up buying a smaller-sized rolling suitcase and modifying it. It shouldn't be too much work to add some straps to hold the dolls in, and most suitcases have at least some sort of inside pouch pocket for assorted accessories.

We're only going to have two Tinies (DOD Dream of Baby), so they won't take up much room at all, really. I also like this idea because I can hopefully modify the suitcase to hold my camera too. It's so much trouble taking two bags anywhere, just because I want to bring my camera along. ><; Most of the boys' photoshoots will be outside, so this is a good idea to put the camera in the same bag.

I hate hiking through the park with my camera around my neck or the camera bag on my back and a backpack. T_T

10. Do you think that bag fit a 68cm girl if she sits down? Maybe even a 70+cm boy too?

11. I own a Dollzone 1/3 Doll carrier. It's like a long duffel bag, but thinner. I am able to carry about one 1/3 doll with it and one MSD sized doll on top of that one... separated by pillows, of course! Before my carrier, I used to go to my meets just carrying my dolls in their boxes. I do wish my doll bag was not as smushy as it is, but it does it's job, and no doll has been harmed since I've owned it (About 4 and a half months). It does beat carrying my guys about in boxes, though. :3

12. I have an older large 1/3 dollzone carrier (its red and rectangular) that I used to use for carrying dolls to meetup's. Currently its sitting in my closet out of use. Its just to long and bulky to travel with. I currently use a backpack, or an extremely large purse to travel with my dolls. It just makes things easier to take them that way. Especially since Im a musician and more times than none Im also traveling with both a suitcase AND a guitar.

13. I use the RS carrying bag that came with my doll... I would like to buy a better one though! This one works just fine for now, but I really want one that I can put more than one doll in.

14. I think that should fit, BUT it definately will be a bit squeezy (the width of the bag I mean). Your dolls would have to "lower their heads" and wearing shoes (especially those tall platforms) into the bag would definately be a big no-no. Not so comfortable for your dolls eh...

15. I always buy my doll cases and and bags from Volks. I can trust them to make good bags to carry my kids in :fangirl:

16. I currently have 2 MSD sized doll bags (dollmore or doll zone, not sure which) and a small rolling luggage bag. I can fit 2 MSD's into the doll bags and the luggage can hold my SD (58cm), 3 MSD's and a tiny. I made some pillows to fit in the suitcase by taking pillowcases I bought from the secondhand store and stuffing them with batting from the fabric store. Each doll also has a knitted travel blanket I made that adds an additional 1/4" to 1/2" of padding around the doll depending on if the blanket is folded over the doll.

I am toying with the idea of making an SD sized carrier for when I want to take just that boy (and probably an MSD) somewhere, but laziness defeats me every time.

17. ive heard some people use violin cases to carry their dolls
      try that maybe n_~

18. Crescentbunny: Oh my, that is so creative of you! I think I'd do the same, just probably not a bag in white - it probably gets dirtied by me in no time. I probably be getting a darker color and decorate it with iron-ons or pin-on badges.

19. I am attempting to make one....It's going okay haha :XD:

Crescentbunny
      That's so cool! And Sailor Moon is awesome!!