1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Doll Carrying Bags...Buy or Make or Convert!

Jun 10, 2007

1. My HZ boy came with a nice faux leather doll bag, which I can actually cram my 72cm dragondoll in with bent knees. Actually, both my 65cm and 72cm can fit in it together if they spoon XD. I tried to jam a MSD in when I had one but there was no way it was going to close with her in there. Its pretty sturdy and stylish, but a little floppy when you carry it over your shoulder. It has lots of compartments to put clothes and shoes, but I would like something a bit thicker so I can add my 72cm's twin brother when he gets a body, plus I've got another 62cm boy. That's going to be 1 heavy bag ._.

2. i also used an old diaper bag as a carrying case. It fits all five of my dolls, and has plenty of pockets! My SD sits at the bottom, my msd also sits on the other side so that their legs are facinf the other's. And I sit my two yo's on their laps. Then, my little DZ Leo sits very comfortably in one of the bottle pockets. It's wide enough even for her head, and keeps her from going everywhere. The inside has pockets all around and I put wigs/clothes in them.
      Works amazingly well and people don't give me any funny looks, since I have my little girl with me all the time anyway!
      It has built in padding and support, and the only I had to do was sew in some straps to keep my sitting dolls upright!

Easy, safe, comfortable bag! If you don't wanna spend a lot of money on a doll carrying case, this is a way to go.

3. I need to make a bag before the BJD doll meets at Ohayocon! O.o Your conversions sound epic, though. I might try to find something to convert instead of making one from scratch.

4. Man, I wish I was going this year. I had to pick between Ohaycon and BJD. (Also some stuff involving my future in veterinary medical school, but we'll ignore that.)

I just finished making my own carrying case. It's far from professional, but I love it to pieces.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Edit: SD Sized coffin bag. Outside is black vinyl, inside is lined with quilting fabric and batting. More pictures at: http://s203.photobucket.com/albums/aa31/crimsoncatpitas/Corby/Coffin Case/

5. I have a rolling duffel that fits all four of my vinyl sweeties with room to spare. It is padded with 1" thick "museum foam" on all five sides, plus a sixth piece of "museum foam" that goes on top after everything is packed. I wrap my dolls in baby blankets, and layer terrycloth towels below and above them. Yeah, they're not resin. So not as much risk. Still, I like keeping my dolliez in good shape. The duffel has pockets that are great for wigs and accessories. I have a friend who works at a crating company so that's where I get this awesome stuff. It's basically a polyurethane foam.

One of my dolls was shipped to me in a satin "sleeping bag." I think that's a Resinsoul thing, not entirely sure. The box is made very well too.

6. My dolls mainly stay in their Resinsoul faux leather bag that they come in from the company, but when I take them out to a doll meet or con I carry them around in a basket that I covered with faux fur (hmmm was going to enter photo but can't find it at the moment). Though in the future I plan on making a carrying case that will fit several dolls so I don't have to carry them in their individual bags.

7. I got my first carry-bag from Volks back in '05 or so when there wasn't a lot of choice... I think Dollmore had some... anyway, I've gotten a fair amount of use out of it, carrying one or two dolls in it to meetups, etc. I'm going to order another carrier from Iplehouse for Larger-Than-Large size dolls.

I don't think doll carriers are that necessary since there are all kinds of regular bags out there that can be used. For travel, I actually prefer padded protection for the dolls and an ordinary under-the-seat bag. The long doll bags just aren't a good shape for air-travel. And I can put extra things in the regular bags (I have my large dolls in a seated position, so they will fit in the shorter bags).

And for dolls smaller than SD-sized, carriers can be just about anything, I think.

But the doll carriers look nice, so I don't mind buying and using them.

8. I'm thinking of caving and just getting a Dollmore bag. <3 I do wish they came in a brighter pink though.

9. I'm moving to the UK next summer, and before then I'm definitely making my dolls a custom carry-on bag. (normally I just carry them in my arms)
      It'll be EXACTLY to airport specifications, with proper seats for the dolls, seatbelts, little windows, and an extra pouch on the side for my netbook (as lord knows that is NOT going in my checked luggage.) Maybe special pockets for clothes, stringing tools, my phone and iPod too...when I finish making this sassy little thing, I'll be sure to have pics on DoA.

10. joaniedark: Wow! What a project it is going to be! How big are your dolls? I can't imagine making the above mentioned for 1/3s ...

11. I was just looking at my violin cases. I don't play the violin but want to learn

Do you think they would work as carriers?

12. I basically just covered a box with foam and fabric....The inside is just stand in for now, as I need to find a staple gun. :XD: It was easy to make though, and super cheap which was good. If I can find a bag that will work though, I might just use that, but I'm not sure if there'll be enough room!. It's annoying because my box/bag is HUGE and bulky....But I have five resins and soon to be six....3 of which are MSDs, and the other two are tinies. However, the incoming to be (Haven't ordered but will soon) doll is an SD. So there needed to be a LOT of room.....The box is a good size, but slightly too short for the SD...so he'll have to kneel in the box case. However, it's wide enough for them all to sit in there like soldiers. Soon though, I think my resins will outgrow my box and I might have to start lugging around two bags, in which case, I will probably invest in something more easily transportable than what I currently have hahaha. I don't know about normal bags, but mine is freakishly heavy even without my dolls in it....*_*

13. Wow, that diaper bag idea is genius! I would have never thought of it.. I was just going to buy a bag when my boy comes in, but I think I'll convert one of those! Plus, it should have room to fit another doll that I plan to buy in the future. The problem with buying bags online is that they come from asia, so shipping and such to where I live is almost as much as a bag would cost (it'd be like I'm buying two >.< ) I never thought to convert an old bag of something to a BJD carrier! Great thinking! I'm going to do that now

14. I think I'd be more comfortable converting something. I have two backpacks I haven't used in years, but are in decent shape. I could probably do something with that. It costs less, overall, as well as seems pretty easy - especially if I can make a combined doll carrier/usable backpack.

15. I brought myself a baby bag.
      it's heavily padded! and has alot of compartments for those things my doll needs :)
      I find big totes very good as well, they can be easily modified to be lined with filling!

16. I have bought bags. Made bags. Even converted some old ones around the house! interesting what you can make with a old messenger or duffle bag.

17. I think I'm going to make my own, or have one of my grandmas do it.

My Mamaw is always making stuff for the little girls' dolls in the family... Only I'm sixteen now, so, I'm a little late on the take-off.

18. -Sigh-

I'm in the same boat as you.
      Ohayocon, or BJD?
      I went to Ohayo last year, and this year it's gonna be even better!
      But alas, I chose my dollie over the con.
      But I swear, Anime Punch, everyone will be seeing my doll! :)

19. I find suitcases filled with travel pillows work well because mine is sturdy and has straps to keep the doll safe.

20. I have no and it sucks for taking pictures outside the home. I want to buy one soon. Another problem is fixing a box / bag to keep his clothes. I liked the suggestions in this topic.