1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Doll Carrying Bags...Buy or Make or Convert!

Jun 10, 2007

1. i bought an iplehouse YID ryushin and all the YID and JID's come with a carry case...

its a nice bag, big enuff to comfortable fit and SD/YID and an MSD
      the strap is nice and wide so its comfortable to wear over your shoulder or carry
      its light weight and padded...doesnt let water in easily

2. Do the JID's come with carrying cases? I knew that the larger ones did, but I wasn't sure about the Juvenille ones...

3. I found a hard keyboard case at a thrift shop.

It looks something like this:

link

I paid $14 for it.

It fits three or four 65 to 75 cm dolls beautifully, it has padding, it locks and it has wheels. Great for carrying around those behemoths.

4. humm...just double checked and apparenty they dont any more :(, when i bought my boy last year they did..may have just been an offer thinggy...

thats a shame tho im saving for ryan :(

5. I don't have a bag for my girl yet, but my husband wants to make one out of wood... *cringe* Gotta love men who will try to build anything they can come up with... /eyeroll

6. I don't have a carrying bag for my doll. :sweat

My doll is made of vinyl, so he's much lighter than most resin dolls half his size. I can carry him around in my arms for a good couple of hours, but even vinyl dolls start to get heavy after a while. The pain is worth it though. I just can't bring myself to stuff him in a bag or box, haha!!

7. I don't buy because the images in my head don't match what's sold. I make them. I started my first bag ever and it looks ok. I need to fix the strap though because the material we got is pretty flimsy and falling appart by fraying.

8. I don't thinks is very practical buying a bag for BJD, carrying them is quite uncomfortable and if you have more than one doll... It's worse or of no use, which is worser! :doh Shipping must be very expensive too, they're big.

I have a carrying bag because it was given to me a while ago, but I don't really use it. A friend of me discovered that a suitcase was a far better idea, more dolls inside and because of the wheels, no weight on the back!

9. I see a lot of doll carrying bags are black, so this makes me wonder:

Does the black material stain the resin? I'd want to think not, since it'd be silly to make them out of such material if they did, but...^^;

10. I own two bags one from Dollmore and one from bambicony.
      The dollmore one is a very cute SD long bag, it is good but a pain to take around becuase its an usnual size.
      The Bambi one is a tony bag only fits one time but great for meets as it is very easy to take.

11. I don't have any official doll carrying bags yet. I only use my very big "mailman/laptop" styled bags w/ paddings. {It can be used for laptops so it already has cushions inside.} I also use clean white wash cloths that I wrap around Miyoubi for additionals safety. I really want to buy one or two bags that a mecha angel {i'm planning to buy one someday} can fit into. But I think that my parents would rather want me to have our seamstress make one for me. >.>

12. I have went through many bags until I found a perfect one(for me that is) on Amazon for a nice $37. I can easily fit 4 DDs but I think I could fit 6 DDs if I wanted to. It fits in to an overhead bin on a plane and has a hardshell case with padding and a padded divider. Just search amazon for PBL HARD CASE CARRY BAG if your interested in it. I know of a few others who have this bag and love it too.

13. I use a laptop bag which fits 2 MSDs beautifully, and with pillows stuffed inside for extra protection ^_^ I don't think a laptop case would fit SDs and up though, so ^^;;

14. I have a rather large rolling duffle bag that can carry an army of SDs if I wanted it to, but I only used it for one SD and an MSD. I recently got a little Honey Delf that fits inside my bible case/cover, which I originaly bought because it looks like an awesome purse, so yeah, that's her carrying case. I put her pillows inside and she fits nice and snug. ^_^

15. my friends made me a carrier from a violin case : D

16. I'm waiting for this to arrive later today. Going by the measurements, it SHOULD fit my two big boys sitting down. If not, I needed a craft bag, anyway.

17. Ooh, what a nice, reasonably priced bag! Could you take pictures later to share? :D

18. No problem! I've heard sewing machine bags can be really nice doll bags given that they're already padded, roomy, and have a hard bottom so it's not all floppy with dollies in it.

19. I bought a Claiborne Riviera Luggage 16" Tote for $13 at Ross. Pretty roomy inside, a snap on rigid bottom, optional shoulder strap, hand straps, pockets at sides, front, back and inside. Fit both of my MSDs with tons of room for other stuff inside. I think if you fill in the pockets on the sides, front and back you wouldn't need to pad the insides. Bag overall is sturdy and flexible in that it keeps it's box shape open and closed but still pliable enough that you could make the sides bulge if too packed.

Outside picture - Looks flat but it's square on the sides and rectangular front and back.
      My dolls inside - can't really see the depth but I could probably keep staking MSDs inside, at least 4 more. There's like half an inch of leg room for both my old DoC and KDelf. The top flap has netting for more storage. Actually there's enough arm room inside for MSDs to be lying in 3s. You could also make them sit up inside (though not with wig as you'd risk tangling wigs with the zipper).

I saw others that were perfect as carriage bags at Ross other than this one so I recommend going there before spending monies online or at BJD stores.

20. I have a Luts SD-sized bag that I bought during the summer, and it's served me well so far. I recently bought a viola case, though, to convert as a carrier for my 70cm boy. I haven't started yet, so I can't say how well it'll work out, but I'd prefer to have a hard case for my bigger dolls, since they're more delicate and easier to break.