1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Doll Chateau - Adult Dolls - Part 2

Feb 21, 2015

1. I also wish I had multiple DC boys, but I don't even have one. XD;
      BUT, I've just placed an order on a DC Sexta, so I'm on my way to getting one!
      And....now that I've done that, I'm getting so nervous and anxious, because I've never spent that much on a doll, and I never imagined myself getting a 70cm doll either. Sort of freaking out because I'm just like "What have I done?" LOL I'm afraid I won't like the resin color as much as I think I will, or even the doll for that matter. Also, for some reason, I'm nervous about the resin quality, like it not being heavy enough for my taste, or thin parts that might break easily. I'm also afraid that the body will be so fragile that I can't do anything without breaking it. DC bodies look so delicate and AHH I'm so nervous. :'(

(I know it sounds like I'm doubtful, but I DO love the Sexta sculpt, and the million-jointed body is so lovely!!)

2. Mostly just wanted to see the different adult bodies together. I've already seen a resin comparison in person, so resin colour doesn't really matter. (:

3. Congrats on ordering your boy Tengu! I remember how I felt when I ordered my first Ringdoll and the cost made me feel a bit guilty. I had never spent that on a doll but once he arrived it was love at first sight. I have sold my older dolls as my taste changed (unfortunately for my wallet) and now I would rather pay more and layaway one I think is perfect than settle for a cheaper doll. I am also waiting on my first big dc boy and I can't wait to see that crazy skinny long body irl. Don't feel guilty as it is your money and you can buy what you like with it. Yes their limbs are thinner than most but i'm sure he won't be too fragile. Just always be careful and never leave him standing without a stand. The big guys have further to fall and can do more damage.

4. @Kavarr: Thanks for that, it makes me feel better. ;u;
      I think you're right. I should save and pay more for a doll I really like, and now I'll be getting it, hopefully! Yay, it's nice to know I'm waiting along with someone else. Which sculpt did you order? ^^

EDIT: Nevermind, I see! I had a difficult time choosing between Mephisto.Pheles and Sexta. They are both so beautiful! <3

5. I have both Christina and Dolores (and an Ada and a conjoined twin body) and I love their resin both the texture, weight and color. They don't feel any more fragile than any other doll I own. The extra joints can provide more complexity to posing but not really anymore than with say, an Iplehouse body with it's jointing. If you see my Dolores box opening:

http://www.denofangels.com/forums/s...Rais-(DC-Dolores)-Arrives!?highlight=nibelung

I was able to get Dolores to stand right out of the box. I'm not super experienced at this stuff so not an expert and still learning the basic ins and outs of posing. Dressing these dolls can be a challenge though if the clothing is tight and of course their odd proportions and size don't make that any easier. On the other hand I feel less inclined to dress them completely because who wants to cover those joints?

So it's gonna be great when you get your Sexta!

6. [MENTION=61634]dollhausen[/MENTION]: OOh, yay! Thanks for telling me that. That makes me more excited than nervous now, to get my Sexta in a few months.
      And thanks also for showing me your Dolores opening! I love the sensitive mouth and the sad eyes on that sculpt. :'D

7. That's a very psychedelic look you got goin' on there....it's good you got a neck match since those DC necks are tiny.....

8. I was worried about it at first but they match like they were made for each other. He is fabulous, of course, just ask him :XD:

9. Every time I see Thaddeus I get excited about getting that same body for my boy. He is so good looking and I think he may know it :)

10. He is definitely an attention grabber; he will give Loki fits, haha!

11. I have a DC Dolores and I love that body and the head. I looked for a long time because the character I had in mind is not really evil, but existentially disillusioned with mankind and that weariness means he'll do anything to get his way. Dolores had that look.

12. Ooh, those girls are so cute! Which one is on the left? Is that the old 70cm girl body? It looks so lovely! And the girl on the right has such a cute face, I love her! :D

13. I'm so envious of those that got the old A-body-01 (the 65cm girl body). I hemmed and hawed and bought one of the new bodies ( well I got Christina) and now I'm kicking myself for not getting one of the old ones! I would love any of the old sculpts on that! They also make a nice counterpoint together!

14. I have an A-01 bodied Olivia in white skin, but her body has been claimed by my Dollzone Carter head until further notice (the hands are Soom Clozel hands):

[​IMG]

15. oh! shes lovely!!

16. Wow, she's impressive! Waah! Me want one!

17. She is lovely ShuriTigerH. Resin match looks great too. She looks very ethereal :)

Tags: