1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Doll Chateau - Adult Dolls - Part 2

Feb 21, 2015

1. Hello there! I am eyeing on DC's adult body, however it's been told that their white resin yellow fast... I wonder if it is true? :o

2. Not especially, at least in my experience. Also, "yellows fast" compared to what? DC's other resin colors? Company X's white resin?

3. I believe they mean other companies :/
      Personally I am thinking of getting an DC adult body in WS to match with my Volks Johanna head (WS)... Hoping their colour will match to a great extend... ><

4. Hoping this is the right place to ask this
      Does anyone have DC Dennis?
      I'm on the look out for in person pictures of him. I really like the way he looks on the website, but some different pieces I've seen look beautiful in promo pics but then not the way I'd like in person. Can anyone help me?

5. I don't have one but was looking around and found these: link link link

This one is styled more feminine, but at least you'll get to see a few more angles.

6. [​IMG]

7. Hello ♥
      I have a question, did someone have maybe a Fergus Head and the Snowborn Centaur or human body and can make a picture if the head will fit on the body? ^^" (yeah the neckhole must be modded XD)
      I REALLY love Fergus, but i want a centaur (in tan ^^), but the Fergus-head is sooo small :eek:
      I want to order on the Christmas-Event (i hope it comes XD) :whee:
      Edit: Nevermind...i think i go with Oswald, he is just too precious :love

#449 StillsEve, Jul 8, 2018
      Last edited: Jul 9, 2018
    8. @tiyama I have a WS DC Erwin, and he has yellowed just slightly after 3 1/2 years. My WS AoD and Doll Leaves dolls have yellowed much more over time.

[​IMG]Bryony with red roses by blacsylc, on Flickr

Here is a little pic spam of Bryony; it has been a while since I have shared something of him.

9. Awww thank you so much for the picture!!
      The yellowing is not obvious! :D

10. Hello there, I am currently shelling a character and managed to get a A-body-02 (which ist just too perfect for what I have in mind) and now I am thinking about getting a pair of jointed hands for the body. Does anyone here happen to know which hands would fit the A-body-02? (The body is in WS)

I am sorry if this is the wrong place to ask, I am still kinda new :frownyblush:

11. This is the right place to ask. Thank you for finding the thread and asking in the right place as opposed to starting a new thread for a single question. Is that the older body?

12. yes, this is the older body, this one:

http://www.doll-chateau.com

13. Right place.
      Here are Doll Legend hands for their SD unless you want really long hand to go with the lanky body. Here are the two sizes I have.
      [​IMG]Doll Legend SD and 70cm jointed hands by SteamWitch, on Flickr

Someone else may have other suggestions.

14. thank you for the suggestion!

these are my favored hands, especially the ones with the veins. I think they have a really nice shape. I am not sure about the size, which ones do you think look better on a doll chateau body around 70cm? The bigger ones? Do you maybe have a picture where the hands can be seen in comparison to the whole doll?:blush

the other hands that looked very nice to me were the ones by island doll, but I don't know about their size either :nowords:

15. If you look at Alice's Collections:

Jointed Hands : Alice's Collections

You'll see that the SD hands are 7cm and the larger hands are 8.3cm. You could measure the existing hands on the body and decide which size of jointed hands would look best based on their relationship to that size.

16. I think I am going to do that. I will just wait until I have the body here with me and then I can get his measurements :)
      Do you by any chance know how long it takes for jointed hands until they arrive? Do they have the same waiting time as a whole doll?

17. The one time I ordered hands, it came really fast because they were in-stock. And by really fast I mean, in a month. The caveat to all this being that nothing in the BJD world is replicable or consistent. So YMMV.

Tags: