1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Doll Chateau - Adult Dolls - Part 2

Feb 21, 2015

1. Just put in my order at Alice's Collections for my Dolores. Can I request a picspam of any of these gorgeous weirdos in celebration?

Can anyone tell what what size eyes he wears? I saw one thing on the wiki that said 18mm, but couldn't corroborate that anywhere else.

2. I don't have the Dolores head on my Dolores body, I have Snowborn but it is a beautiful body. I took out his extra joints but I may put them back, they add to his uniqueness.
      [​IMG]Pointless with Falcon by SteamWitch, on Flickr

3. Goodness the Snowborn sculpt is so beautiful! If I had the room for a doll of that scale I'd order him right away!! (also what a beautiful set wow!!)

I'm still trying to consolidate in my head the look of the extra joints on DC dolls. The extra wrist and sometimes ankle joints I can get behind, but I'm not so sure about the extra neck joints tho,,,

4. @CryingQuail that's exactly where I am, as well. I'll probably try to keep him as-is for a bit (if only because I'm too lazy to resting when not needed), but if he comes needing restrung... I fear the neck joint is going to be the first thing to go :sweat but who knows!

Can the extra neck joint be taken off the Dolores body? It looks like the filigree comes up pretty high (but I've never researched it)

Oh! And seconding the request for "what size eyes do they take." 18mm seems plausible, but I haven't actually seen it confirmed anywhere besides the wiki, either

5. I don't think taking the extra joint off the neck would work on the Dolores body, besides the head has such great range of motion with it on. It's not awkward at all and you really don't notice it. The ankle joints are the only ones I've ever had difficulty with as far as getting them to stand properly, the legs want to roll sideways onto the ankles. The extra wrist joints make the doll kind of oddly cool, so it's a matter of taste.
      My Snowborn is using 14mm small iris eyes in the photo above but I don't know about Dolores' head.

It was his turn to get photographed so here he is again. I hadn't tried this wig on him because I thought it would be too small but it fits him and his coloring perfectly.
      [​IMG]Falcon Day 77 by SteamWitch, on Flickr

#505 SteamWitch, Mar 18, 2019
      Last edited: Mar 18, 2019
    6. You can absolutely take the extra neck joint off on the non-embossed A-03 body. I did that with my Dolores.

Steam is right about the embossed filigree version, though. That one really needs the neck piece. The decorative bits would get in the way otherwise.

Re: eye size... My guy isn't wearing traditional eyes. He has 18mm amethyst spheres. But while I was waiting for those to arrive, I had him in a pair of 16mm low-dome flat-backs. They fit pretty well, though I'd probably go with something with a smaller iris if I were going to keep Scribe in "normal" eyes.

#506 Brightfires, Mar 18, 2019
      Last edited: Mar 18, 2019
    7. I had removed the extra neck piece on Dolores body with sculpted neck but i had to place a donut instead for the head to still be able to move.

8. My two boys ♥
      Fergus and Agrippa (Evangeline head...yeah it´s a boy XD)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

9. Is there a database on what fits these dolls? I have an incoming Erwin on the old Adult body and he’s soo long and skinny ive no idea what will fit.i have plenty of 70cm and Dollmore model clothes but they will be far too wide on him I’m sure.

10. I took the extra joints off, and just buy SD clothes XD
      70cm things are too big for this guys x.x

11. After admiring the 1/3-size DCs for a long time, I've got my Denis!
      [​IMG]
      He's so beautiful and fun to pose. I figured it wouldn't hurt to have just one 1/3 scale doll, but I think I might have doomed myself...

The 16mm glass eyes he came with fit pretty well in his eyewells, but I may take the advice farther up the page and look for something with a small iris, as normal irises fill most of the eye, for this sculpt at least.

I'm trying to decide what to do about a wig. Usually I have a pretty good idea of what I want a doll to look like but this guy has me all indecisive!

12. Salutations all! I'm essentially "restarting" the hobby and I just want to have one doll and really focus on him/her for quite some time, I've easily narrowed it down to two dolls and one of them is dollchatea, Dennis. I was hoping I could pop in here and ask a few questions to help me decide, also if you have a Dennis or the A-Body 03 or 04 please drop some pics I'd love to see them!

-How long did your doll take to get to you after ordering?
      -which body is better A-Body 03, or A Body 04?
      -Where do you find clothes?
      -What should I look for when clothes shopping to ensure a fit?
      -What is his shoe size?

Thanks!

13. Basically the only difference is the 3 has the extra length on the neck. If I had a choice right now I'd choose the 4 body. Mine has the embossed neck so he is pretty. I don't know about clothes that might fit, nothing I've bought for my other 70cm dolls fit properly, they are too loose, so I make his clothes. He wears a Dollmore Glamor model size shoe, big feet. Feet, 9+cm long and almost 4cm wide.
      I don't know if the DC waiting room is up-to-date but you can check there for wait times.

14. The bodies are the same, but one has a longer neck and one has jointed toes. Whichever you prefer is up to you! The basic jointing is the same, and the extra neck part can be taken out (much like the extra wrist/ankle parts).

I make my own clothes, but when looking for clothes you may want to keep in mind that the body's proportions may differ from other dolls. Make sure that sleeves and pant legs are long enough, and the clothes have enough room for the shoulders and hips by comparing the measurements of their sizing to the doll. Because the body has such a small waist clothes may not be as closely fitted there as you expect, but

The non-jointed feet seem to me (from the company measurements) to be slightly smaller, and while my a-4 has sd17 shoes on currently I can't be sure if that's because all of them fit or just because the particular shoes happen to be pointed (and thus have more room). I bought the shoes for an another doll initially so no harm was done. I'd double check the inner size of the shoe with a seller if it's not mentioned in a sales post to make sure the shoes can fit whatever size your doll's feet end up being.

15. This particular body, no matter what head I put on it loves to be naked or nearly so. Falcon is no different.
      [​IMG]Falcon by SteamWitch, on Flickr

16. Just a quick update I've decided on Dennis, thanks so much for the super helpful replies, oh and Sugarbeta did you make those clothes? They are amazing!

17. @M_Kun009 You will not regret Denis! His sculpt is just beautiful in person. The clothes on mine were a few pieces from AC, so he wouldn't have to be naked when he got home. He's so skinny he can pull off multiple layers well without it looking too bulky, and 1/3-boy leggings fit the A04 body pretty well! However one of the slashes on the pair mine's wearing is right over his weenie, so it actually draws more attention than it would have if I'd just left him nude, lol.

18. Oh cool, that's great to hear! Did you get him through Alices Collections? If so would you mind telling me how long it took from placing the order to the package arriving? I know it takes a while for production and whatnot but I'd like to get an idea of the time.

19. Yep! They're my go-to dealer, so convenient. I ordered my Denis in mid February and he arrived around mid June, so about 5 months?

20. woof! That's quite a wait! I suppose it's worth it though :D Hopefully I can get the money for him within the next month but I'm not holding my breath lol. I can't wait to see more pics of yours, you're like the only other person I've seen who has him lol. Anyway thanks so much for the info!

Tags: