1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Doll Chateau - Adult Dolls - Part 2

Feb 21, 2015

1. Haha, thank you! I think he does, yes ;). I adore him... Now for some time to work on his clothes...

He really is a gorgeous doll, and I love that he's so lanky that he is actually pretty light-weight for such a tall boy.

2. I have a question for you A-03/A-04 owners!

So I've had a Soom Heliot for years, but his body has always been a source of frustration for me because he's so large and heavy and his posability is fairly poor. Recently I've been considering getting a new body for him to see if that would make me love him more, since I really do love his face and character.

I've seen a few people hybrid Soom heads with the adult body (not that I wouldn't love to see more examples), but mainly I'm wondering how you like the posability of the body in general? Is it easier to handle than other big guys this size? I saw a few people saying it's a lot lighter which would already be a big improvement!

3. Not quite what you are asking but, I have a soom amber on the Y-03 girl body and I love it! The posing is graceful and the proportions are beautiful. But you will have to do something about the neck. Sooms neck is so much bigger than DC it will leave a terrible gap if you dont

#543 whooganana, Nov 2, 2019
      Last edited: Nov 2, 2019
    4. The A-03/04 neck is larger thankfully (assuming DC's measurements are correct), but I assume there's still gapping. I'm not quite sure how people have dealt with it since I've only found a couple pictures and neither of them show the neck well, unfortunately.

5. I dont have a good picture either unfortunately. First i just made a donut like disk of hot glue and that worked for a while. Then i made a new one out of apoxie that fit better and had better mobility. Lately ive been thinking about sanding down the opening on the back of the head to make it perfect... But thats just me being picky. Honestly if you have the extended neck peice and a long-ish wig its fine and still pretty good mobility because of the middle neck joint

6. @whooganana thank you! That's a really good idea and gives me some hope since he does wear a long wig!

7. You are welcome, glad i could help:) i would definitely recommend that for a hybrid. Sooms bodies just felt clunky to me so i tried a few bodies fo my amber and DC looked best to me.

8. @redfeathers
      I've got a Soom Migma on a Y-03. She's maybe a teensy bit bobbleheaded compared to some of my more realistically proportioned dolls, but I think she looks pretty decent on it over all.

However, Migma has a narrow chin/jawline. I also tried a Soom Cass head on this same body and it looked completely ridiculous. Luckily, Heliot is also pretty narrow in the chin/jaw, so you've got a good chance of it working out.

Here's my Migma/Y-03. When I have the time to work on her, she's going to become The Plain Doll from Bloodbourne. I thought the elongated proportions of the DC bodies would be just perfect for her.
      [​IMG]

I don't have an A-03/04, but I do own an A-02 and a Soom Heliot head, if you want me to pop him on there for your real quick. The resin won't match, my Heliot's white and my A-02 is NS-P, but it would give you an idea of proportions at least.

9. @cowpewter that would be amazing if you wouldn't mind! I'm not too worried about resin match since my Heliot is also white and can be blushed to match, but I'd love to get a better sense of the proportions :D

10. Hey guys! I recently bought a second-hand DC Stacy off of someone, and she is strung very very tightly... It's just too tight for my preference. Would anyone have any advice for restringing her? I'm a bit scared to do it, because it will be my first time restringing a doll.

11. Best advice: just five in and do it. It's scary at first, but just push through, you'll be a pro after about the second time!

12. Alright, it's been kind of quiet in here, here's some spam of my Caspian, a DC Fergus.
      I'm working on his look. such a drama king. he wants everything. go figure, he's Famine.
      he is rocking an AOD skeleton hand since his left was broken in shipment.
      but he's a monster anyway, and it's a bit ironic, so it's working.
      Has anyone else received new DC?

[​IMG] flickr

13. Heyo guys, does anyone know what other companies have bodies that would match DC light tan resin? I have a head that I need a body for.
      Also, I've never seen anyone with a DC Adrian. Have yall?

14. Hello all! Doll Chateau's newest discontinuation has thrown my plans into the trash and stomped on them :( Dennis AND Evangeline??? Anyway, does anyone have some Dennis owner photos to heal my wounds?

15. I'm in here too because of the latest discontinuation. LOL

I am eyeing Lacey. Any owner photos? I DOUBT THERE IS ANY but I ask away. She's being discontinued SO soon. And her body si going away with her I believe. :...(

16. Im so sad about snowborn. Ive admired him since he was released, but always put off buying himfor one reason or another. And i just made a big order somewhere else right before this announcement so no way i can get him now. I wish places wouldnt do this mass discontinuation bussiness.

17. it leaves only one 1/3 sized doll - Oswald? i was looking at Dennis and Hyman eventually, but i too have rather painted myself into a corner by now. i need a peach a-body-03 haha. sigh. I don't like the girls as often, but i did like Laney, had hoped i could get around to that, but i believe she was a limited edition anyway right? i wonder what new sculpts they have in mind.

18. Whooganana:

You can order Snowborn through BjDivas, they have him available , together with the other soon to be discountinued molds. They have a layaway plan for up to 12 months. On a twelve month layaway a basic snowborn comes out to $58 a month, shipped.
      This may still not work for you, but I thought you should be aware of the option ^__^

19. Does anyone know if there is a reason for the mass discontinuation?

For example, could it be that the SD dolls haven’t been selling as well and they might focus more on MSDs from this point forward?

I’m just massively speculating here.

Tags: