1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Doll Chateau - Adult Dolls - Part 2

Feb 21, 2015

1. it looks like just the centaur headsculpts are being discontinued, not the bodies?? I wish the notice was clearer

2. I have one, but so far he is a floating head too (mine was casted in normal pink resin). And I'm also searching for an alternative body for him. I went through several variants and now, in principle, stopped at one and only, but after all the possible fittings and tests via graphical editors, I'm still afraid that something may go wrong... I don't want to announce my "the way out" in advance, because many people had been already said to me: "You could not hybrid - it's DollChateau !!11! - humble yourself - bla-bla-bla" :ablah:... But if you would like, I'll write you my suggestion in PM.
      BTW, I have seen your light tan boy at instagram when mine was not arrived yet. I like a lot how he transfigured after the painting. Just because this mold is rare, even now I try to find another examples of him in order to admire this face once again.

3. oh i really hope they don't limit to 1/4... i love the 1/3 size.... i was thinking it seemed like they were doing a lot of short run sculpts, and i hope they don't go to that business model where every doll is a limited order & production run. we need time to gather resources haha

4. the only people that business model seems to be good for is recasters :sigh

5. I agree! And discontinuing is also recasters paradise. Unless, I’m speculating, perhaps those sculpts just weren’t selling? They are retaining older sculpts like the very popular Queena

6. i have the sad. sniff. i always like the weird stuff. i'm glad i already got my Fergus, and my Medeas is in the works.

7. I know the speculation is that artists come and go. So when an artist they have employed quits, gets fired, leaves, whatever, they will take their sculpts with them. I believe that's an agreement with the company but they probably can't sell them. I can't say for sure. :(

8. I dont think there really is a reason. Its just something they do regularly... They did the same last march.

9. There's a cost to upkeeping and remaking the molds required to make the dolls. It seems like most companies discontinue things because they can only have so many things about at once and they want to be able to release new stuff. It's rarely any more deep than that :)

10. It's certainly possible that this is just a regular purge, but if that was the case it's kind of weird that Laney is being discontinued when she was just released three months ago. With DC/DZ's current wait times I don't think anyone's even gotten a chance to receive her, even if they ordered her on day one. I'm inclined to agree with @sugarcactus that the sculpter or sculpters for these dolls is leaving or has left, and DC is removing them.

11. these purges make me a little suspicious of how Doll Chateau treats it's employees (that, and the current wait times suggest that they're having trouble meeting demand, ie, not having enough staff to fill orders). All the artists I've met really like to be paid to make art, and steady gigs don't grow on trees, so if DC's sculptors keep leaving, I suspect there's a reason why

12. i'm usually all about the boys, but i did really like Laney. thought about modding her further, but she is really expensive even nude. big time waffling. the discontinuations keep interrupting my other nefarious plans :doh

13. For sure! I'd love a PM and I cant wait to see your dude once you've got him how you want him. He's so handsome, so I don't understand why he's so rare for people to have

14. Wasn't Laney always a limited release? Iirc, her order period was already over before they announced the discontinuation, which actually extended it.

15. ^^^ couldn't tell, maybe that was just the sale period Dec-Jan? (12% off)
      still so torn. those wings... sigh.

16. Pretty sure human Laney wasn't limited, that it was only the moth body that was

17. yep i tried and they said nope. no more moth version, only human version. So, i have a Dennis w/ mask and a Hyman on the way. oops. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ and maybe an off topic for this thread Oni boy fell in the basket, damn kids... putting stuff in my cart *snort*
      i need my 1/3 sized for Other-Hybrid-Projects™ though

18. I just received my Erwin today! He's got some scuffs to his company faceup, but I love him way more in person than in the pictures! I live for those extra joints!

[​IMG]

Though I feel a bit bad because I really want a sexta head...and I've only had this lovely boy for a few hours.

19. It is sad they are discontinuing so many sculpts. I suppose they are not getting enough orders to continue with them.

Your boy looks great @Thymeseer. I love the extra joints too.

I have had my Kevin for nearly 2 years and have never got around to getting him his faceup and tattoos. Well that is going to happen this year! He is going to be based on the Wraith from Stargate Atlantis. I need to get his eyes made and style his wig but I love the look of him even blank. DC resin is so smooth.

[​IMG]

20. Love him! He looks terrific in green!

Tags: