1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Doll Chateau - Adult Dolls - Part 2

Feb 21, 2015

1. Ooh now that you mention it, yeah wow he'll make a fantastic Wraith! (The sculpt really does remind me of Heyerdahl now you've pointed it out.) Really looking forward to seeing you wraithify him, though the way you've styled him withtthat perfect wig/leather outfit he's getting there already, I'm sure he'll be fantastic!

Hee! Pondering Sheppard's wraith names now, Todd, Kenny, Steve, Bob... Michael...

2. @Thymeseer & @Kavarr - so nice to see your Erwin and Kevin!
      that green is so light and shimmery, much nicer than some other greens i've seen - it is very tempting!

Would like to share Methos, my Mephisto.Pheles.
      I want to do his face up, but then again, sometimes he is amazing just the way he is...
      [​IMG] flickr for more
      he stole some DV wings, he is incorrigible.

3. He looks great @Kavarr, he will be starving once his faceup is on :horror:... keep him in hibernation, lol.
      @Grimalkin that body does things to a doll's personality, it wants to be seen and theft is a way of life;). He looks gorgeous!:love

4. @SteamWitch - thank you so much <3
      Methos was pretty much the tipping point for me, just shoved me right over the edge into a hopeless sea of resin :lol:
      Mephisto.Pheles with that a-body-03, his stock photos from DC were just haunting me. This particular group of pictures have been on my mind since last October and i finally got the set together over the weekend.

I'm really interested to see what other folks do for styling, there is so much versatility! ...that green... i'm not sure i wanted to know how pearlescent it looks... :chomp:

5. I'm finally biting the bullet and getting a Dennis! I know clothes are going to be a major hassle, does anybody know of anybody who takes commissions in that size? Or, as a temporary measure, do any of the pants from Alice's collections fit at least a passable amount? I'd love to take advantage of the sale she has going on right now ;) Also, what size wig and eyes fit him best? I can't seem to find a straight answer

6. @lee_bee69 - I'm waiting for a Dennis as well :thumbup I believe he is sold default with A-body-03, and i have one of those with my Mephisto. The stretchy type pants for 70 cm size dolls seem to work the best, though styles designed to fit tightly with low stretch material may not go over the DC hips. I used the measurements from DC's site and compared to the charts on various seller sites. feel free to DM me if you want more deets.
      I have one 6-7 wig that i can fight onto Mephisto's head (also 20.5cm dia), but honestly a 7-8 is an easier fit, or what they call 1/3 "small head" works too. you can get a silicone cap to help larger ones stay on too.
      I have 14mm eyes in both Mephisto and Fergus, but Dennis' eyes are much more open, so I'm not sure if he will need oval 14mm, or 16mm to avoid gaps.

7. I have an A-04 and he fits virtually every part of 1/3 leggings I have (though some are short). He's skinnier than a lot of my 1/3 girls, so he has no issues borrowing their clothes. IIRC at one point he also had pants from a Ringdoll Teen fullset.

8. Ah thank you guys!! That's very helpful :) I got the body with the jointed toes which, quite frankly, are very intimidating when it comes to shoes :0 I plan on dressing him in a punkish style so he'll be in big chunky boots which will hopefully contain each little piggy properly lol

9. <3i love mine's jointed toes<3
      granted, they can sometimes reach Exorcist levels of freaky angles, but when they are good they are amazing! the boots really help if you wind up with pants that are too short. the fake leather pants and the wide leg ones from Bears worked well. i haven't gotten any jeans, only a pair for a much bigger doll. you could also take out the extra ankle piece if you've got a gap since you're using shoes.

10. Sorry folks for the double post... But i need some help if anyone can give advice. I received my DC Medeas (Kahik) on the A-Body-04-1 (Kevin's winged body) and i'm doing the box opening thing, and i cannot for the life of me get the wings on him.

Do any Kevin or A-body-04-1 owners have a tip or trick? Essentially, even with two people, we cannot get the elastic to come out the other side of the wings enough to put on the little dewclaw thing that holds them in place. the elastic they have the placeholder wire on is one of the main elastic in the torso. taking off his head and foot did not give enough slack somehow. it also is not on the arm elastic, since i took an entire arm off and no difference.

thank you all in advance, and here's a little spam for fun.
      Methos & Kahik are puzzled... (let me know if you cannot see the pic, i tried a different setting...)
      [​IMG] Flickr

11. I have no advice. That's a really great picture.

12. @harpers-child - thank you <3 i have a bit of fun with the box openings. :thumbup

I searched a different way, so in case anyone else bought a big 1/3 skeleton wing body in the discontinuation, here is a thread where thanks to @BlackSheep, is a really great set of pictures and two solutions to stringing everything:
      "Doll Chateau Wings" May 23, 2016"
      I used the separate elastic method, worked well for my purposes. he Nosferatu's into his box if i take the wing tips off, total bonus.

I've managed to get the wings together and finish the photos: Grimalkin's Kahik: Winged Medeas box opening thread
      Methos (Mephisto) likes to assist, as he feels responsible to welcome newcomers to his tribe, and loves to ham for the camera.
      thanks for looking :aangel:

13. Anyone have any advice on where to find shoes for these giant feet? I'm looking for a pair of converse style shoes and some boots for Gowin. Also the website says the feet are 4cm wide, but I'm measuring them at 3.5cm wide. Did I measure wrong? I measured across the ball of the foot. The 9cm length is spot on.

14. I just ordered a pair of converse from alice's Collections, We'll see if they fit!!

15. I got adult body-08(feet length 9cm/width 2.5cm..) a few months ago and I really understand your concerns. It's long but narrow, so he can wear large boots and walkers for 65cm male dolls. I tried Pegasus(combat boots) and Phoenix(long boots) from Switch and it fits well.

[​IMG]

I'm guessing all the shoes with an inner diameter 9.5-10cm(or outer diameter 10-11.5cm) will be fine.
      My next try will be Luts SSDF ones.

#595 pontoon, Jun 14, 2020
      Last edited: Jun 14, 2020
    16. Just learned by Alice's collection that Ingemar has been discontinued, I follow closely bjd news, has anyone seen notice of this happening? when did it happen?

17. I started to hunt him in April but several dealers said that he was discontinued.
      DC didn’t announce that. I understood that I cannot have him and ordered just y-02 body. But they refused to make even Y-02 body separately, said that mold was broken.
      I have no idea what happen there, but seems they are concentrated on releasing and promotion their new dolls and little by little discontinued all old molds. Some without any announcement. Old molds pop upped on second markets and a lot of bootlegs are upcoming (Ingemar too unfortunately) so they surely receive very Small amount of orders, and it’s not profitable to organize production. That’s my thoughts...

18. I am lucky to have one already, I just wanted to order another one in grey, I am not sure I will ever see one pop up on the secondary market...

And I ordered Evangeline head because I thought she was discontinued, and she apparently isn't.

19. It might've been around the same time they discontinued normal yellow skin without announcing it? I only found out when I went to order a body for a head last month. :huh?:

20. @Bristol I noticed a few months ago that normal yellow wasn't showing up as an option on any of the DZ Chinese dealers on taobao, or their own site that I follow on taobao, and thought it was weird, as it was still showing up as an option on international dealers sites. I guess it finally trickled over then.

This isn't the first time DC/DZ discontinued something with little to no notice. The same thing happened with the big baby bodies.

Tags: