1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Doll Chateau - Adult Dolls - Part 2

Feb 21, 2015

1. Methos is languishing.... always waiting for his companions to arrive...
      every time i almost get the gumption to do a face up, he's just so beautiful the way he is...
      [​IMG]
      Flickr

2. @Grimalkin He does look amazing without color, shadows and form are perfect on him.

3. @Grimalkin Gosh he's stunning, and those horns look amazing :loveI totally agree about some dolls not needing faceups, and there can be something so beautiful about the unpainted resin sculpt just as it is. I have some dolls where I feel like painting them would almost take something away from their beauty. <3<3<3

4. @Grimalkin He looks so beautiful, I don't know if a faceup is absolutely necessary!

I feel like the last time I shared Pandora (Doll Chateau Lilly) in this thread was years ago... Oh goodness it doesn't seem like an exaggeration! Here's of my current favorite pics of her.
      [​IMG]

5. thank you all - he is always my best boy, favoured grail. I just had the opportunity to pick up a second head, in white, so maybe I will just face up that one... keep his peach looking like the boney creature he be.... but with the second head, he could put on his "human" face as needed... Would you all want to see more with him and Medeas?

@FirecrackerSparks: she's beautiful, i love all the painted details, and her wrap is just perfect <3

6. Can someone with a Doll Chateau Christina please message me? I'd like to make something for my BFF's doll as a surprise for her but need a couple measurements that I can't find online. Thank you in advance! <3

7. Your boy is so stunning! I would love to see pics of him and Medeas; debating whether Medeas would be the best fit to shell a character of mine :).

8. @Vanytie - is that a Timneh! am i having dèjá vu, maybe we already talked birbs... mine's a congo

My Medeas is named Kahik, i'll put a few here, but if there is a pose or anything you want to see let me know and i can take pics. i have him on the winged A-04 body right now. a couple of these are in a sepia tone, but i like that you can see the sculpt details a bit like when they are grey.
      [​IMG]
      how many pics in a row is rude? :XD:

I don't care too much for the short wig in the next one, but at the time i didn't want to have a long one tangled in his wings. If i have a colour or length you want to see, i'll take a pic for you.
      [​IMG]
      [​IMG]
      i need to find an excuse to get an A-Body-08, but i think there is only Oswald left in 1/3 boys at DC now, i will wait for hopefully some new sculpts *fingers crossed*. :wiggle

9. Yes, he’s a Timneh! His name is Petyr. I also have a (half bald) Congo called Osca, a Quaker called Rio and a Senegal called Penny. They’re all rescues and are awesome <3. What’s your Congo’s name? I’ve been very inactive on DoA for the last couple of years but very possible we did talk birds before :).

Thanks so much for the pics and not rude! I want to see all the pics :). You take lovely photos of your boys and Medeas looks great with the winged body! My character has long, silvery-blond hair, so is there any chance you could take a pic of Medeas wearing the wig your Methos has on? That would be really useful. I’m a bit torn between Medeas and Cyril; not sure if I want a thinner-lipped boy for this character but Medeas has the haughty, aristocratic look I’m going for (but then most of the DC boys have elegant, aristocratic features)..

Yess - fingers crossed there will be new sculpts soon, although will be bad news for my wallet ;_;. What are your plans for the A-08 body?

10. you have quite the aviary :) i had a Quaker a long time ago, he was such a sweet clown. i've met some nice Senegals, my my such loud mouths though they were sweet natured. my congo is named Greta, she came to us with that name. one of our nicknames for her is VelociGreta - like a velociraptor... not gonna lie, she's a cranky old dinosaur :lol: we've done a ton of rehab, she's a rescue too.

sooo, the funny thing about Methos's hair, it is just wefts that i've attached under those crazy antlers. what a pain those things are to put on. But i have a bit more grey-silver long wig, that Methos sometimes wears when more human, that might do the trick. i'll still dig around and see if i have anything else. the exciting thing is, i have a Cyril too! his name is Kasimir, and he came to me with a face up, so that may make it more difficult to see your character idea, but i can put him next to Medeas in a similar wig since he has his own A-02 body. i'll try to snap some over the weekend for you. :thumbup.
      the A-06 is very different, almost like a tall 60cm, very small hands and feet. the feet fit SD ladies high heels!

the A-08 is a really nice sculpt, and i like being able to swap bodies around as i have too many heads... currently i have some larger 23-24cm dia. heads (like FHSH Rei) where a beefcake type bod like that would be sized correctly. i do so want that gorgeous A-07 centaur too but i can't seem to make up an excuse as i can't find a head i like for it yet... i guess mostly, since the DC proportions are so unique, being able to eventually size and make accessories and clothing for all the SD sizes would be great.

11. @Vanytie - i wasn't sure what view would be the most interesting, so here are the two i thought looked the best, and i did spoilers on the others. Or you can see them all together on my flickr.
      If there is a different pose you want to see, just let me know.

my light gets a little odd depending on time of day, but they are both white resin, but Cyril is very yellowed. I personally think Medeas looks younger than Cyril when blank. The wigs are the same colour, a silvery grey. Medeas is on a-body-04-1 (wings are folded behind him) and Cyril is on his original a-body-02
      [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

12. Aah sorry - late reply. The last couple of days have been manic. Thank you so much for taking the time to show me photos <3. Medeas is the perfect sculpt for my boy I think; just found out he’s discontinued though :(. So gutted, I thought his head was still available. Time to scour the secondhand market! Cyril is absolutely stunning as well but I agree, he looks more mature (not that that’s a bad thing!).

Greta sounds like a character :D. My Osca is pretty huffy as well (although secretly quite soppy I think..). She always reminds me of a Hippogriff (from Harry Potter) as she likes a good scritch but you have to suggest it to her and wait for her to lower her head before she’ll accept it. Otherwise you’re liable for a nip, haha.

I’m still dithering over which body to get for Medeas. I’m toying with the idea of getting a body to use with two heads for a while, as I have another character I might buy a Dennis head for. DC have too many amazing options. I suppose I’ll make Medeas’ head my priority though and use whichever body comes with him if I have to buy a full doll to get hold of his head.

@Grimalkin

13. So I'm looking for a Dennis head and I thought for a second last night that I found one in one of my FB groups but it was in NS pink and I really want white. I was going to just say screw it and get it anyway but it turned out it was already sold. This got me thinking would it be possible to blush ahead in one of the light natural skin colors to match a white skin body?

14. maybe airbrushing over a really good layer of MSC/liquitex?
      but, i would not give up yet on getting a white one, not all the orders have delivered from the discontinuation event, especially to the dealers who might have placed larger orders all at once, keep watching for stock for a bit :thumbup. My Dennis is on layaway, but i've also not been told he came in early... plus, i just found a Laney on the moth body, when i thought i was out of luck. i think there's a good chance you can find him :3nodding:

15. Thanks! I wasn't planning on giving up just yet just got curious lol. Can I ask where you got yours? I've been checking the sites but now I think I'm going to start emailing them. I'm selling my only doll and I NEED this head lol.

#615 M_Kun009, Aug 27, 2020
      Last edited: Aug 27, 2020
    16. mine was pre-order before the discontinuation from Clover Singing (jeeryama's regular website). if she has any stock they would be in the eBay jeeryama store. but she & other dealers maybe still have orders coming in from that time frame too. i think it was end of march for that discontinue event.

17. well i hate to double post, but wanted to share a little bit of Halloween styled Laney.
      would love to see all your pictures too <3
      [​IMG]
      :spider: my Flickr - happy halloween :spider:

18. That's a fantastic picture of Laney. Thanks for sharing it with us. They're extremely seasonally appropriate. I'm hoping to do a spooky shoot with my dolls some point this week.

19. Halloween Laney looks so good! Her sculpt is so perfect for the occasion, but I didn't even think of it until I saw your picture @Grimalkin! Great job!

20. Can anyone tell me how tall the A-04 male body is without the added ankle pieces?

Tags: