1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Doll Chateau Kid Boys and Girls (Mini), what fits?

Sep 4, 2011

1. hi, just wondering if any one has any more suggestions for fits? my doll chateau bella is wearing a yo-sd tshirt which fits nicely but is a little short, and some taller yo-sd skirts but thats all she has. i cant really afford to take any risks on clothes that might possible fit so would love it if some one could provide some links please?

2. I haven't found any purchased clothing that fit them. I can sew so i make my dolls clothing. Your best bet may be to try and find someone you can commission that has a DC body to fit. It's hard.

Anyone have any good shoes and socks links.....that is what I am in need of right now.

3. This is a great thread, and very needed I think, with Bella's and Erica's odd sizes. I love the outfits you have put together Wally, and I too find that mixing and matching seems to work best.

This weekend I took the time to photograph my Bella in a few different outfits of the clothes that ended up fitting her, to share in this thread. Hope it helps a bit :).

Let me introduce my girl, Ivy (please excuse the lack of face-up):

[​IMG]

Hat: Powder-Eva
      Corset: Raouken for MiniFee
      Vest: Brennil/HerDelicateStrength
      Shorts: Wimukt/FoxyBrowny
      Long socks: PlumeBlanche
      Short socks: Powder-Eva

At first I thought: oh her legs are so thin! Now I really like how easily I can put two or even three pairs of socks on her, plus shoes as well. Not all socks work, but I have had luck with the PlumeBlanche ones, they are still officially too wide but they are thin and stretchy and I like how they look on her.

[​IMG]

Here you see how the Raouken Corset fits in the back. It is almost closed at the bottom and a bit wider at the top but since it is made for MiniFee I was very surprised, and happy, that it fits <3.

4. [​IMG]

Pants: Wimukt/Foxybrowny
      Long socks: PlumeBlanche
      Short socks: HerDelicateStrength
      Shoes: DaleRae

These pants are really hard to get over her hips... it is not a problem for me but it might be for people who don't like that, the pants are very sturdy otherwise they might have torn. If your Bella has bodyblushing that would be a problem as well.
      Also, I've sewn a few small cords on the sides of the pants so I can close the side-gap when they're worn because it looks better (she is so small I felt she drowned a bit in the sturdy fabric of the trousers without that).

These next pants are also by Wimukt/Foxybrowny but they are much easier to get on:

[​IMG]

Pants: Wimukt/FoxyBrowny
      Top: Unsure, I think Nuria or something? The seller told me but I'm not sure I remember it well.
      Socks: Wimukt/FoxyBrowny

The socks are needed to keep the shoes on, otherwise they just fall right off her feet!

5. [​IMG]

Top: Toothru/GuppyKisses
      Leggings: SugarDoll Shop
      Socks: PlumeBlanche

The SugardollShop leggings fit but they need some careful stretching. The Toothru top falls from Bella's small shoulders, but in this fabric it stays there and looks good. I have another shirt by her though in very delicate fabric and that one slides off too easily and I've been thinking about maybe taking in the shirt a tiny bit at the back neckpart... or just using a dollsized safety pin. I think the model of the shirt looks really great with Bella's figure, maybe even better then on the slim mini's it was originally made for.

[​IMG]

Top: KatGirlCrochet
      Leggings: PaperdollShop
      Socks: Unknown
      Shoes: AtelierMomoni's sandals for Unoa Chibi

The leggings are a bit short but the fabric is nice and thin so it fits well around her hips and legs (other then some Ajumapama legs that I've tried that are way too thick and sturdy on her). The sandals are perfect in length but the upper part is very wide for Bella's slim feet, so she needs socks to wear them (and still looses them if you're not careful!).

6. So I take it it might be a bad idea to just randomly order a dress for msd size as it may be too large in the chest and too small in the hips?

7. Exactamunduh- it seems clothes meant for "slim" msds work the best (especially if you want to buy tops, stockings, and shoes-however i'm learning that shoes meant for slim msds may still be a bit too big). Some members here have used yosd sized shirts and they seem to fit well, just a bit short.

8. Ok, I'll have to look into that, thanks for the suggestions. I'm not familiar with slim msds. In fact, until I came across doll chateau I didn't even care about smaller dolls. Now I think I will be buying several dolls from them, as they are just beautiful. I've been waiting and saving forever until I found something I really wanted, and Doll Chateau is officially my company of choice. I'm ordering Bella before the week is out. Looks like I'm going to have a long wait for her and was going to find some cute outfits in the meantime, but oh well. Wish the websites would provide more measurements so I could make something simple at least. I'll have nothing for her when she comes. :(

9. @ QuietYurei: I was getting ready to quit the hobby after selling my SD sized boy (I was only interested in SD size as well) but when Doll Chateau released these dollies, I was totally smitten. I'm with you; I really know nothing about 1/4 sized dolls. But I'm up for the challenge as to find the perfect outfits for my Erica and other future 1/4 DC dolls (I think I'm only going to collect DC for awhile)!

I forgot to mention, I can tell you what not to invest in:

-high dome glass eyes. I have 2 pairs of 14mm eyes from Doll Leaves. DC eyewells aren't "deep" enough and leave gaps. A member imajica says she has 13mm silicone eyes from Eyeco in her Bella and they seem very proportionate for the head size and conform to the eyewells better.

-msd shoes from mimiwoo. I bought it as a trial and error test; Waaaay too big.

-wigs bigger than 6.5-7. You want wigs in the Yo-sd range.

I hope this helped a little and I'll be watching the threads for your Bella :)

10. Very, very, very helpful, thank you so much for sharing that bit of info. I was interested in buying her wigs, but good thing I haven't started yet or I would have spent a bunch on nothing I needed, lol. I was also at a total loss of what size eyes to buy her as well, I hope the free pair of 14mm are low dome enough to fit, lol. Anyways, I'm sure it'll be fun in a way to work on getting her just right. I'll be sure to come back to this thread and share whatever info I can after she arrives in January. So excited, lol. And yes, smitten is the perfect word for how I feel about Doll Chateau. Wish I could have one of each, but that'll never happen. :(

11. Laurey, thank you, I hope your Bella will be with you very soon :).
      Malvagitabella, thank you very much! My Bella is blushing a little from the compliment (she's shy).
      Krystina, thank you:-) I love Wimukt's clothes so much, they're well-made and her sense of style is just amazing.

For me slim-mini was a challenge at first but I learned to work with it, and I love how there are some excellent seamstresses that work almost exclusively with that size. It *almost* compensates for the difficulty in finding shoes ;).
      However, if Bella is your first slim mini I understand it must be a lot more difficult, as Bella is a stretch from slim mini into unknown territory!

Sabreisk, I am not sure about that dress as I am unfamiliar with the doll that is wearing it. But I have a collection of six slim mini's now and I've learned to steer clear of most of the regular sized MSD clothes, as it usually fits badly. For my girls (Narae, Unoa, MiniFee, MyDolling HeeAh and Bella) I would mostly look at slim-mini clothes, but Bella is smaller in the upper torso and wider in the hips, AND her torso is a lot longer. Some things will fit, some won't, but your best bet is still detailed slim-mini clothes. You could also try stretchy or wide a-line YO-SD but remember they are short (27cm?) dolls so sizing is a big gamble! YO-SD clothes will be extremely short on Bella, and from the waist down YO- SD will not fit.

It may be useful to know that my MiniFee is smaller in her torso then my other girls. Her upper torso might be closest to Bella I think, together with YO-SD. MiniFee stretchy pants or skirts with an A-line model (so not tight or form-fitting skirts) might fit as she is not much smaller in her hips then my other girls, just in the upper torso.

12. Congratulations with getting Bella as your first:). But it is a difficult size. My first doll was a Zaoll, back when the only thread about Zaoll was a whopping 1,5 pages long...so I can certainly sympathize with how hard it can be to get an unusual-sized doll some decent clothes. I made some things myself and I got very lucky a few times (for example I ordered an SD10 skirt because I fell madly in love with it and had no idea about size, and it fitted Zaoll perfectly...sometimes you just luck out).

I cannot guarantee the fit of slim mini clothes but if you want to look into them here are a few brands (just google the name and you should find their sites, if they don't have a site I will mention whether they are on Etsy or DoA or something) (brands are roughly in order from more affordable to more expensive):

-GuppyKisses on Etsy
      -MonstroDesigns on Etsy

-Tanyastyle (has a slim-mini AND a regular MSD section) (site)
      -Foxybrowny (has a site but is also Wimukt on Etsy)
      -SugarDollshop on Etsy
      -PaperDoll shop on Etsy
      -Softly she walks (doesn't sell anymore but sometimes you see them 2nd hand)
      -Raouken on Etsy and DoA (her MiniFee corset fits my Bella, she does pre-made corsets and takes commissions)
      -Her Delicate Strength (commission-based only) (site)

-Plume Blanche on Etsy
      -Zozolala (site)
      -atelier Momoni (site)
      -Angel Candy Rock (site)
      -Mio (doesn't sell anymore but sometimes you see them 2nd hand)

I'm sure I'm forgetting places...if I can think of more I will add them later.

13. O.O
      Wow, that's a lot of stores, thanks!
      I must go look at all the clothes!
      I know ttyacom's clothes fit, one of my friends let me try theirs on.

14. Hello, I knitted these sweaters.
      [​IMG]
      [​IMG]

15. hi folks, gotta question . . . I've ordered a Bella and this will be my first small doll (I have 70+ cm boys). I've read through this thread and have gone out on the net looking at Stuff, particularly shoes. I can make something for her to wear quick enough when she gets here but would like something to put on her feet. They're 5.1 cm - correct me if I'm wrong - and I'm wondering if a shoe with an outer length of 7 cm will look ridiculously large on her. I have boys with 9.5 cm feet and even 12 cm shoes don't look too crazy on them, so maybe this will work? Shoes specifically made for minifees look like they'd be a very good fit, but I don't see much out there that runs 5.5-6 cm. On the other hand, there are a lot of 7 cm shoes available. Would you weigh in? Thanks!

16. Be sure to have a look at some of the photos on the first page in particular and read the accompanying descriptions, there are a couple brand names mentioned there you could look at. Also, I am in the same shoes as you right now(har har :P) and have found it best to find sellers that list the individual measurements of the shoes they are selling. I've ordered a pair of Tonner sized boots and hopefully they will fit when she gets here, but I don't know for certain, though one of the members here has Bella wearing a pair. From what little research I can gather without an actual doll, it seems she's and odd size between msd and yo-sd size. Unoa size things seem to be popular choices, but I'm not too familiar with them.

If anyone reads this much, as soon as I receive my Bella I will provide some intricate measurements for anyone else who, like me, would have liked to have had them to put together a little something when their DC msd's arrive. She's due to come home the end of January 2012, so hopefully soon.
      :aheartbea

17. This thread is so helpful! Not a lot of info on the boys though...I can help a little...

I have a Colin and this is what I've found out so far:
      both pants and shirts are not a huge problem if you don't mind things being a tad on the large side.
      As for pants, Luts KDF jeans fit great but are almost 2cm too short. Dollmore pants are better because they're longer, but still a little too big. With a belt they're ok (they fit him like pants fit my Kara Klums, too big in the waist and crotch area). Dollmore leggins make good pants and are almost the right length (depending on how picky you are. I'm on the tall side myself and prefer everything to be long, both on me and my dolls lol).
      I have some jeans that *might* be Dollzone that are too big, but look good that way, like they're supposed to be too big. With a belt the stay up and are actually long enough to wear shoes other than boots with.

As for shirts, I've tried on Dollmore - too big, but depending on the shirt, in a good way. I have a DM sweater on him right now and it's falling off his shoulders and adorable. Sleeves are long enough.
      Luts KDF - He's only worn one sweater but it was perfect. Maybe a little short in the sleeve, but not enough to matter.
      YO sized - the tshirt I had on him was so perfect...it was short, but if you've seen the way I draw you'd know that is exactly how it should fit lol (personal pref)
      9 style - perfect fit, but the sleeves may have been way too short. It's an odd shirt...short sleeved but unrolled to long. I don't know if they're supposed to be 3/4 length but on Colin they are.

Shoes...I got nuthin. My YO sized shoes that are on the large side are too small and my MSD sized shoes are all way too big. Right now he's got some boots that stay on his feet ok, but I'd really like some that fit better.

My pics aren't great, but:

YO shirt (specifically made for a LTF body), KDF jeans (again, way short)
      [​IMG]

Dollmore shirt
      http://farm8.staticflickr.com/7169/6614480779_fa4afd2a0a_b.jpg

KDF shirt
      http://farm8.staticflickr.com/7154/6614480015_508141883b_b.jpg

That's all I got so far! Any other info on the boys would be appreciated! Especially pants and shoes lol

18. Hello!
      For my DC Bella, I use minoru world junior shoes, and clothes for MSD fine (like minifee unoa), but they are too large on the shoulders.

19. minifee feet are 5.5 and dc girls are 5.1.

in this post

theres a minifee wearing teen trends sandals. Do you think dc would be able to pull those off?