1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Doll Chateau Kid Dolls Discussion: Part 9

Sep 25, 2019

1. my apologies.... i took some pics but had this migraine class headache kick up and the lights were just too much... 2 days later i'm still cross eyed. *_*

but so far i can say for Hyman to fit the DV B4-04 body properly, you'd have to mod the neck. the proportions are really nice though, so it's worth it if you like the body for him. i tried him on my Bethel since my Vine is strung so tight I couldn't get his head off.

strangely, the k-body-06, didn't work at all. i even took the neck extender off, and no dice. the head sits up so high and the rounded sides of the neck shows, it is so bizarre. the neck hole is so shallow. i think you could sand the neck, but then you might as well just use the body he comes with, the DC 06, 08, 12 are all a bit similar with what age they look.

I pulled out the other boxes and will try to do some more tomorrow, and then mash some pics. i don't know why but the light is just reflecting so much it was kind of ridiculous, and beyond being painful, the pictures were just glare blobs. i will try again with a different set up.

2. @Grimalkin Oh no, migraines are the worst! Take all the time you need to recover, those things knock you out like an anvil to the head!

Thanks for the advice on bodies so far! Unfortunately I don't have the tools or space to modify a body, which is why I'm looking for options that will work straight out. It's a shame, DV bodies are quite nice!

And yes, Hyman has such a tiny neck hole! I didn't realize that when I ordered his head! Most bodies have around 7 cm for neck size, and his hole is listed as 5.5cm. I'm hoping that some of the 6cm sizes will work out alright.

3. ok here we go :lol: I'll spoiler set 2 & 3 since so image heavy.
      We have DC Hyman on: DV Bethel (B4-04 variant body), DC Douglas (k-body-06), DV Rosa (B4-06 variant body), DV Aiden (B6-06 variant body), DC Nicola (k-body-20), DC Hathaway (k-body-18 variant), DZ Dragon Po (unique) & DC Noah (unique).
      You can see him on his typical k-body-12 on DC's site, since i've not done mine's debut pics yet. I hope these help you out <3
      [​IMG]
      [​IMG]
      [​IMG]
      Flickr

4. @Grimalkin You are the absolute best, thank you for the wonderful comparisons! After seeing these images, I'm honestly tempted to pick up a Noah body for him since it looks so nice! My second choice would be the DV B4-03 monster arm body, since it shares a similar neck size with the Rosa body you showed here, so the fit should be similar.

The Dragon Po hybrid was surprisingly cute, though! (Although I am laughing a bit at the bobblehead on the DV Aiden body.)

5. it's fun to get them out and try everything out, i'm glad i could help. some of it was surprising to me honestly :lol:

Ah yes, the 1/4 female 3 armed would be the same as Rosa. I am looking for the right time to get the male one myself, it's a really cool sculpt. Agree about the Noah body, and you might even be able to rig the antlers somehow.

i'm not very fond of the head that came on Po so it was good to see that option for myself too, and the Aiden body was hilarious, sort of why i left it in, plus showcasing how ridiculously thin the DC necks are when they match a 1/6 eh?
      the 1/6 i have from DC are super tiny, like 2.7 - 3cm necks.

6. It definitely was fun to see! I've already tried him on just about every body I have too, the closest fit was the Doll Leaves Type II body, and he just keeps bobbling around on that one.

It really is, and I feel that it would suit his aethetic pretty well too. I'll wait and see if DC has a sale soon, though, that Noah body is really tempting, and I don't have any centaurs in my collection yet! I'd love to do some dark blushing on that body and some symbols that match the ones in Hyman's default face up. Ah, now it's a harder decision now that I'm inspired, haha!

DC does seem to have pretty small necks, and I think that Hyman might have the smallest of the 1/4 lot! I didn't even think about it when I bought his head, I just was suckered in by the pretty gloomy eyes and lips. Still, the challenge of finding a good body is kinda fun!

7. his standard body from DC is actually really nice too.
      i was thinking that maybe Alan's centaur k-body-15 would work since it has a 6cm neck, or if you were looking for female the k-body-16. hopefully a general DC sale should be coming soon, fingers crossed :)

8. Well, when I eventually get a successful hybrid for him, I'll post pictures! Until then, I'll be waiting for DV and DC sales. In the meantime, I'll have him share the least bobbly option Doll Leaves body, since I love my Hyman and still want him to be able to take pictures once in a while. Just gotta do some boingy head wrastling.

9. Thank you so much for the picture reference! I just bought a Bella head for the Aiden body and now I'm a little worried it might be too big... so I'm gonna hold off on buying eyes and stuff until she arrives. ^_^;;;;;;;;;;;

10. Would a DC Bella pink skin be a decent resin match with Dream Valley's pink? Thinking of getting a Bella head and the Dream Valley B4-02 body..

#210 Eirumi, Feb 16, 2021
      Last edited: Feb 16, 2021
    11. I believe DC and Dream Valley are sister companies and use the same resin? Though please feel free to correct me if I'm wrong, I've been on hiatus for a bit.

12. You're very close! Dream Valley is some of DC/DZ's former people split off and formed their own company, that's why the aesthetics are similar. But they don't share the same resins unfortunately. :sweat

13. I've been thinking of buying the DC Bella and DV body in white even though they're a bit different bu I saw that the Dollzone B45-012 body has the same neck circumference as Bella (6cm) and since DC and DZ have the same resin colors I'm now wondering if that head would fit nicely on the body..

14. Oh dang, that's going to complicate hybrids. Ah well.

15. not sure about pink, but mine DC Nicola in white lives on DV msd body in white. both has identical tones and i mean it.

16. @Magnus Vale thats my favorite Jason :sumomo: Please show more of him <3

17. Aw, thank you so much! I'm hoping to get some more pictures of him this weekend in the nicer weather for his profile, but here's a pic of him and my Hyman boy in the meantime!
      [​IMG]

18. Well, I thought that my Nicola-A was going to be my first DC doll. But unless my Jedi comes within the next couple of weeks, it looks like the Elizabeth spider girl I just found and put on layaway will be my first! :D:XD:

So, anyone else with an Elizabeth, could you show me pics?

Ryu

19. Congrats on your spooder! I have a grey one named Itsy Besty

apologies for the terrible picture, but here she is!

[​IMG]

20. I have an Elizabeth too! Though she's still blank poor thing. I've not quite worked up the courage to dye her yet. :sweat