1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Doll Chateau Kid Dolls Discussion: Part 9

Sep 25, 2019

1. I could finally get a body for my first doll (Nicola) !! She will be an hybrid. I feel so happy!! I can't wait to get her completed. :...(<3

2. Ah, exciting! Congratulations! Which body did you get for her?

3. Thank you so much! I got a Doll-Zone B45-012 body for her. :XD:

4. Oh nice! She's going to look great on that body. :)

5. Hi!
      How's everybody going? Would love to hear updates on your doll chateau babies <3
      Here's my Alberta on a chilly morning the other day.
      [​IMG]

6. Ahhh she looks so lovely and at home among the plants! :D

I'm currently trying to find the right fibre to make my Elizabeth a proper wig, but nothing I've found is quite right. Wrong colour, wrong length, too wavy/curly, too straight, too expensive. It's been driving me up the wall. :lol:

7. I love my Nicola, but her wings hate staying in their sockets and she’s so top heavy that having her stand seems almost impossible. I’m working on getting a new display case and wanted to see how the dolls will fit when the impossible happened; she stood! On her own! I had to take photos to share otherwise later I might think I dreamt the whole thing :XD:

[​IMG]
      [​IMG]
      Her horn is in the wrong place as her forehead is so thick the magnets they provided aren’t strong enough. :( I need to figure out a solution without drilling the head to make it thin enough to work. But I’m still so happy she stood! I don’t trust her to stay that way so she’s back to sitting. I’m hoping to find a stand that will actually support her, the saddle stands I have don’t have a saddle wide enough to accommodate that thigh gap.:lol:

8. @crikklekay She’s so magnificent when she stands, isn’t she? Just wow! She’s an amazing sculpt.:)

9. Hello! I have a doll coming on a doll chateau k-02 body, but I'm having a hard time figuring out what would fit. There doesn't seem to be as much information out there! I'm mostly looking for dresses and shoes, but anything would help!

10. Hi dear,
      K body 02 would fit slim MSD clothes and Minifee shoes

11. hi! i'm considering getting a bella head but i'm not a huge fan of the super thin doll chateau bodies. i would want something more like a maskcat or doll leaves body for a hybrid? do you happen to know if that would work? or do you have any advice on which bodies would work as a hybrid with a doll chateau MSD head?

12. Bella is a fairly large head, so if the neck fits, it will work well on doll leaves and masckat doll bodies. Looks good on Dream Valley. Neck size matters the most.

13. #333 Ryuichi Sakuma 13, Apr 2, 2022
      Last edited: Apr 3, 2022
    14. IKR? Not only does he have a lovely face and faceup, but those wings! :love

And, thank you! :kitty1

Ryu

#335 Ryuichi Sakuma 13, Apr 3, 2022
      Last edited: Apr 6, 2022
    15. Are the wings heavy? As in do they affect his stability and posing?

16. Vhei-wen's posing seem to be just fine, its more a matter of me getting used to a six-limbed humanoid (vs my Elizabeth spider-centar and Emi Ant-tar). When he sits down, I tend to wrap his wings around him, since he's on the bedroom table with a lot of other dolls.

This is the first time I've tried to stand him up, and once I found his center of balance, he stood pretty well. Its after midnight here, and the kitchen lights are hella dim, so I had to use a flash.

[​IMG]
      Vhei-wen standing
      by Ryuichi Sakuma, on Flickr

I'm actually pleasantly surprised that Vhei-wen was able to stand! :XD: I thought for sure that he would be too top heavy. He's so lovely that he could sit forever, and I wouldn't mind. I did buy one of the "invisible" doll stands from Alice's Collection, which he may end up stealing from another doll. I just hope the Padawan Jedi robes I make for him don't make it too difficult for him to stand.

Edit: I remembered another Nicola standing, and sure enough, @crikklekay's doll is also standing a few posts up.

Ryu

#337 Ryuichi Sakuma 13, Apr 6, 2022
      Last edited: Apr 6, 2022
    17. Oh very cool! Good to know he can stand. Though I feel a stand would be good...just in case those robes up up making him too heavy. Those invisible stands are so cool - they allow for such dynamic posing.

18. IKR? It'll be even better once I get a doll case for My Crew, I can use the stand and pose him in it.

I also need to see if I can find him a lightsaber with a smaller diameter, one he can hold. I don't mind the light-up chopstick he has right now, but as you can see from the first post of him with it, he has to hold it rather awkwardly.

I am SO in love with his face, even more so that he has his canon wig! :love I'd like to put a bead on his Padawan braid to help it hang down more. Hmm...I could use the excuse that its a cultural thing. :XD:

Ryu

19. Ooh yeah that'd be cool! I did have an MSD sized lightsabre hilt that lit up as a keychain torch...I wonder where I put it?