1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Doll Chateau Kid Dolls Discussion: Part 9

Sep 25, 2019

1. Fantastic photo. She is stunning.

2. @Blodeuwedd - She's so beautiful! I really need to invest in a light box one day.

3. @animemom, @Quiet and Insane thank you both. I didn't realise how delicate her features were until I did her first faceup. It was ok but made her look rather...tarty. This, her second faceup suited her far better and enhanced her gentle face.

@Quiet and Insane I highly recommend it even if this is the first time I've used it. The lighting is much more even and less harsh plus the colours are truer so less PP as well.

4. @Blodeuwedd - Definitely adding that to the list of important things to buy when I move into my new house next year! :)

5. I've been thinking about getting a new doll lately, and Bella really stands out to me. I've noticed that there's two to choose from, Bella and Bella 2. Is there a slight difference in the sculpt, or is it just the same doll with a different faceup/clothes/ etc?

6. Oh my godness, she is gorgeous! Great photo.
      Agreed, I think I too need to invest in a lightbox one day :XD:

7. @Linnea DC/DZ generally use numbers to refer to different versions (alternate outfit, faceup, etc.) of the same doll.

8. Check the body. Bella has the old version body with no extensions. Bella 2 has the body with the extensions.

9. Hello! I received my Sharon almost a year ago and never shared her here. Her name is Amalthea. She's not completely finished but I'm happy with her progress. I need to order her a proper wig and she needs suitable clothing! I really adore her sweet face.

Amalthea, Doll Chateau Sharon

10. Aww, she has such a sweet face! :)

11. Hi! I'm planning on putting a Nicola-A Swan version fullset on layaway early in 2020:chomp:, so I thought I'd join the thread to learn about DC BJDs.

I know absolutely nothing about them, other than I regret not getting an Elizabeth when they were available. Oh well, maybe I'll look for one in the secondhand market after I get Nicola. I'm really thinking of keeping that as her name when I get her, since I do like the name.

Anyways, I thought I'd introduce myself. I'm

Ryu

12. Hi Ryu! Welcome to the thread :).

13. Thank you! :XD:

I take it that there aren't any Nicola owner pics out yet? I'd love to see what she looks like from the back, the wings look like they're on her shoulders, but I'm not exactly sure.:?

Ryu

14. Hello @Ryuichi Sakuma 13 - I am also very intrigued by Nicola; I have the Dream Valley Rosa on layaway who also has lovely wings....but Nicola is definitely on my wishlist!
      I have my first DC body on payment plan secondhand... not sure what head yet; I want some kind of feline head
      AJ

15. my Nicola head was sent to me month ago, but since 12/13 after departure no information since than. I'm planning to put her on Rosa's DV winged body, since her original body doesn't fit to the character, her hips are too big for me.

16. @xatshe, I'd love to see her when she comes home. I'd love to see other Nicola heads, both faceupped and blank.

I sent in my first layaway payment for Nicola today! :celebrate Now I'm waiting for the confirmation email that says she's "officially" on layaway.

Ryu

#36 Ryuichi Sakuma 13, Jan 6, 2020
      Last edited: Jan 6, 2020
    17. i'll definitely post it here, it just need to come here first, it's been too long since the last update and i'm worrying if she even get to me now

18. WOOT! I got the invoice and paid for Nicola! She's officially on layaway! :dance:chomp::XD:

Ryu

19. I can't handle it. I'm getting Noah. I'm getting a blank Noah without his head and getting a Sharon head in its place. I need a centaur fawn. One of those things I've been going back and forth on, you know? Though on that note, does anyone know what size wigs Doll Chateau's heads require?

#39 FuyumiAya, Jan 8, 2020
      Last edited: Jan 8, 2020
    20. They usually wear a 6-7. 7-8, IMO, is really too big for them, and the scale usually looks suuuper weird, especially with styles that have fringe/bangs.

If you are looking for a hardcap for the doll, there is variation in the head mold, too. My DC Lydia has a slightly smaller and "shorter" head dome compared to Queena.