1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Doll Chateau Kid Dolls Discussion: Part 9

Sep 25, 2019

1. This sculpt looks so interesting! I'm rather new in the hobby, so I have no idea how or what or who so I'm really really sorry if I say things that may sound stupid or embarrassing, but what is this sculpt called? I don't believe I've ever seen it before even among DC's stranger bodies and I'm super interested to see what people have made out of it!

2. Don't be embarrassed :) its called Conjoined body really lol. it was discontinued like a few years ago and its honestly one of the more rarer bodies from DC that you nearly never see. the full doll that used the body was called Debbie and Caroline. Hopefully that bit of information helps you discover more users with the doll!

3. Thanks a ton for the info, this should definitely help me find more on it! I figured it'd be a rare sculpt to come across nowadays; 'strange' looking bodies aren't to everyones' taste and especially now that this body is discontinued, it'll be even harder to come across people that have done things with it.

4. I went to a meetup this past weekend, and my friends told me that "DC dolls don't have any ridges or anything to stop joints from moving, so they have to be wired in order to stand." I've wired dolls before, but only arms and jointed fingers, which are way more difficult to do. OMFG, wiring jointed fingers is such a pain!

I'm guessing that hot glue sueding alone doesn't work. Am I correct? I'm not worried about it, but I'd love a heads-up as to what to expect when my Nicola-A comes home. Thanks!

Ryu

5. No they dont HAVE to be wired but it might help with some poses. The only DC doll ive ever had to wire was my event carol, and thats just because shes small and her string channels are too narrow for thicker elastic. With sueding and proper elastic tension they should pose and stand fine. (Sidenote, i prefer the smoother joints, ive had dolls that the locking ridges actually interfere with alot of poses)

6. @Ryuichi Sakuma 13 - My Elizabeth is able to hold poses quite well without wiring or sueding, so perhaps wait until your doll arrives before worrying? Silicone kips are incredibly helpful too!

7. Oh, I'm not worried, I was just wondering about it since that's what my friends said. *shrug* I have to admit, I'm much more used to Luts/CP dolls than any other companies, since that's what I mostly have.

This dolls is going to definitely be different for me, my first DC doll, my first doll with wings, my first non-human skin-tone doll, my first 50cm doll.... :) I'm eager to see what owner pics of this sculpt looks like! Is Nicola a new sculpt?

Ryu

8. Fairly new, i think ive only seen one owner pic and it didnt have the winged body

9. Okay, I think this year might be the year ... I've wanted Alan (human ver.) since the moment I set foot in this hobby, and the timing just feels right. I think I'm going to put him on layaway before the New Years event ends. He's a doll that I fell in love with based on his promo pics, so I'll probably be ordering him fullset ... but now that they're offering gray resin, I'm conflicted! Do I want to order him in gray for a more unique look, or stick to the white for that nice monochrome look with his outfit ... ? Hmmm ...

10. I got a nice pair from summomo82 on etsy for my K-01 body. I’m picky on shoes and these have gotten several irl compliments. Fits the small doll leaves foot perfect too.

11. My secondhand impulse purchase Bella came! Lol. I didn't realise her mouth was sculpted so DEEP! Like WOW. Made removing her lipstick pretty tricky.

Posing wise i'm pretty impressed, she's not nearly as awkward and kicky as my yosd DCs. She's my first MSD by them and she seems pretty sturdy on her feet so that's nice. I mean my Carol cannot stand without a LOT of coaxing, even with wiring.

But I have to wait for the wind to dye down to spray her with sealant and start prepping for her new faceup. I'm thinking something extravagant, maybe a bit OTT lol.
      Because why not?

She's from 2015 and her white has turned a rather lovely cream colour. I admit I was a little nervous about what colour she actually WAS and how yellowed but the cream is quite nice actually and with the right blushing I think she'll look lovely.
      So that's a relief.

In terms of shoes, I THINK slim mini shoes should fit, so like.. minifee stuff? I'll have to compare her feet. They look narrower than my Resinsoul crew's but about the same length.

12. Thank you! Did you get the minifee or the moe size?

13. Well, it took me an entire month from beginning to end, but I finally completed my Doll Chateau Elizabeth spider girl.:) She’s in green skin. Meet Elvira, my garden spider.

[​IMG]

14. :? They only had one size when I ordered before! But I believe I remember the listing saying they’d fit Minifee feet. And since those are bigger than moe probably those..?

15. @PoeticSoul - Wow, she's beautiful!! :D May I see a photo of her face up a little closer? Did you paint the details on her chest and hands as well?

16. Thank you, and here’s a closer view as requested.:) To answer your question, yes I did all her artwork.

[​IMG]

17. :thumbup Wow. Simply beautiful artwork!

I'm wishing even more that I could afford to look for a pretty spider like her right now! :love

Ryu

18. @Ryuichi Sakuma 13 thank you for your kind words!:) Being able to have fun with artwork on a spider sculpt was my main reason for wanting an Elizabeth. I was convinced that big bulbous booty would be a great place for some extra expression.;)

[​IMG]

19. @PoeticSoul - Oh wow!! :D Your work is simply stunning! Thank you for sharing!

20. Oh wow! It almost looks like she has an actual jemstone on her butt! :D Love it!

Ryu