1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Doll Chateau Kid Dolls Discussion: Part 9

Sep 25, 2019

1. I love Hugh. I keep hoping they'll do another tan event and I can order him in a nice brown tone you know?
      But I may end up just getting him in regular pink.

2. You could always try dyeing him if your heart is set on tan. :)

3. Thank you @Quiet and Insane and @Ryuichi Sakuma 13! He's been a long in-progress boy, but is now basically complete; I think the new faceup really made a difference.

@purple_monkfish, tan dolls are really wonderful. It would be really neat to see Hugh in tan! Or a custom dye job tan ^^

I just got my Alice's Collections order in the other day, so here's a photo of Star and Ant (Luts Yul) with their new outfits! Although Star only got the jacket haha. It's a bit too big for him, and the fabric is rather stiff. Most of the time it looks like he's stiffly drowning XD

[​IMG]

4. Yeah dye scares me a bit because my attempts have always been a bit splotchy and imperfect heh. I'd rather just pay to have the doll in the right colour from the start.

but well, yeah, we'll see. Maybe they'll do another tan event or something.

and wow that's a Yul? My husband has a yul he wants me to paint and i've been procrastinating on it for ages lol. I love that wig too, where's it from?

Hugh is so beautiful rarrrghhh. DC's wait time hurts my soul but Alva and Hugh will come home to me at some point when I have the funds. Nghh

5. @purple_monkfish yeah, I was thinking about getting a DZ Ro bc of the discontinuation and dyeing him, but we'll see haha. If I do get him, I might commission someone to do the dye job.

He is a Yul ^^ The exact sculpt is Romance Satyr Yul from several years back. I have the regular open-eyed Satyress Yul as well. They are adorable and also due for a faceup revitalization ;___; I made the wig! It's teeswater fiber.

6. I received my DC Jason today. I got him in grey resin & it is beautiful. I am in love with his smug little face.

[​IMG]

7. ^^^ love the mech hand :thumbup

8. Awww...he’s adorable in his smugness and what a wonderful color resin. It’s a nice combination with that mechanical arm.:)

9. Oh he's so cute @gaiboiozz! That resin colour is gorgeous.

10. @PoeticSoul Hello my friend. Long time no chat.I love the grey resin. It's not too dark or too light. I also love the half smile he has. I also want to put him on a centaur body.

@Quiet and Insane Thank you, it's such a pretty color.

[​IMG]

11. Ooh I didn't realise he had those ear details! Ohhhhh, I just adore him! :D

12. @konakona135 Yes, a new faceup always seems to make a difference. Star is simply adorable, especially in that jacket. It looks like he's wearing it in the hopes that he'll grow into it. How cute! Ant is cute too, give them both hugs from me, okay?

Oh man, I'd love to see more tan dolls on this thread! Gray is pretty sweet too, but my Nicola-A will be green, I can't wait to see it in person!

I added a Emi Ant to my order and asked BJDivas for the same payments but a longer time, so it'll be even longer before they both come home. Oh well, I've wanted an Emi for a long time so its worth the wait. :3nodding:

@gaiboiozz, your Jason is really cool! Love the arm, the eyes and the ear details, so cool! And that smirk....:D I can't wait to see him on his centaur body.

Ryu

13. My boys arrived today! They're going to be sharing a body for a while, I'm hybriding them onto the Doll Leaves Type II Boy body. I'm currently working on my Jason head's faceup, I ordered my Hyman with face. DC didn't paint his teeth though, and his eyelashes fell out almost immediately after I unwrapped him, so I need to do a bit of maintenance.

This is Hyde, my Hyman!
      [​IMG]

14. He is beautiful though <3
      congrats on his arrival!

15. Thanks! He's really a gorgeous sculpt, I'll probably do those minor fixes this weekend.

Also arriving with him was my Jason, who I've named Aeon, and whose faceup I just finished!
      [​IMG]

I need to find a wig that shows off his ears better, though!

16. Absolutely stunning!!

17. Hyman has really nice lips but that is odd they went with brown for the molded teeth. Other than that though, he's gorgeous.

18. Since he was an order during the discontinuation event, I wonder if they just forgot to complete the lip makeup and were rushing? I've compared him to user photos of another Hyman head with company faceup, and not only were their teeth colored correctly, the lips were also glossed. Looking at this boy here. His eyelashes also fell out and had to be glued back in, but that's a whole 'nother can of worms involving my ongoing battles with a bottle of Elmer's glue. May Aeon's eyelashes stand in testament to me finally starting to get the process of attaching lashes without gluing them and myself to various objects.

I mean, I'm now skilled enough and have the materials to fix him myself, but if I weren't an artist, I'd probably be a little more disgruntled since I did pay for the faceup. He is such a lovely sculpt and they did a very nice job on the tattoos and eyes that I can't get too mad.
      [​IMG]