1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Doll Chateau Tiny Discussion Part 2

Sep 17, 2014

1. What would be a good medium to use to paint her body? All those small raised tattoos?

2. I carve mod my some of my dolls tattoos so I have a few with raised reliefs. I find that the model paint used for table top game figurines works really well. I prefer the Reaper Master Series myself. It's such a lovely paint. I wish they sold it in bigger vials. It is acrylic based so if you want to remove it later it helps to add a layer of sealant before you start painting.

On another note. I just finished a hybrid myself..a DZ Miss Kitty head on a DC baby body. I in love with the proportions and color matching. The head just needs to be modded a bit to allow for easy removal and better fitting. Overall though I am extremely satisfied although I might redo that old faceup she has. I can't wait to get one for her Mr. Bunny companion.

[​IMG]

3. Thanks!!! I can't wait to paint her.... I fell in love her pouty face but her little body is so interesting when I paint her I might keep her naked, or minimally clothed.

And your miss kitty is so cute! DC bodies are wonderful!

4. I'd second the Reaper Master Series paints. I paint gaming miniatures as well, and Reaper really does have the best paint, imo~

5. I'm thinking I'm going to treat her legs as stockings and her chest as scarification...or something along those lines. My girl is going to be minimally clothes...very harem girl chic...all the time. It's fitting for her character.

6. Who are you getting?

7. a zora. her legs work better for the design. i love her face. going to have my artist try something new with her look! :)

8. I'm getting one too!!! She's def got a cute harem worthy body. I'm still not sure what I'm doing.... Maybe Amazon tribal paint. Hmmm not sure I can't wait to see what you do!

9. My DC Ada arrived just after Thanksgiving--nearly 7 months to the day from when I ordered. She was well worth the wait. What a cutie! I painted her much as she appears on her postcard, although I would like to add a design to her antlers. Still can't zero in on a design, however, as I don't want her colors to clash with any other clothing I might make for her down the line. Just for fun I tried a wig on her that I made for a RealPuki and the fit was perfect. Now to tackle 4 tiny shoes. I wish her feet were attached via magnet, like the RealPukis' hands and feet are. Then she could wear the resin shoes from FairyLand instead of whatever I can cobble together.

Here she is. Meet Moosilda, aka Hilda for short.

[​IMG]

10. I just ordered my very own Ada! She was in stock at DenverDoll, surprisingly. What a great Hanukkah gift!

11. adorable!!!

12. Thank you! Hilda is turning out completely different from how I envisioned her. She was planned to be a familiar for an Iplehouse doll from The Addiction series. Instead, she has decided she will out-Puki my RealPukis at being a funny little trickster. I can't wait to show her off at our next doll meet-up.

13. Does Hilda have any real moose friends too? I know in Vt there are a bunch! (I'm close to southern Vt!) How big is she? She looks so tiny!

14. Hilda stands roughly 18 cm tall and has an antler span of about 14 cm. Her feet are 1.5 cm long! She stands taller than a Realpuki but has the same size head (size 3-4 wig). As for real moose friends, she has none yet. Personally I've never encountered a moose although I've seen them on the local news, usually when they get lost and confused and end up galloping around town snarling up traffic.

15. I love that she's sooo tiny! They have such charm

16. I come with spams of my two wee Adas--one modded and on the human body, the other full moose. I'd gotten so used to seeing my one gal nekkid that I didn't realize until I snapped this pic that she still needs clothes! Eep!

[​IMG]Waiting room buddies. Better than medicine :) by Estes & Anne, on Flickr

17. I love the Ada's. I really should have bought one with Russell. What was i thinking?? She is super cute antler - less Miss Emily!

18. Everyone's Ada's are so cute! Denver Doll and MOC have Russels in stock if anyone really wants one. I'm tempted to get one myself!

19. Happy new year! Let all your dreams come true!
      [​IMG]