1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Doll Chateau Tiny Discussion Part 2

Sep 17, 2014

1. @elve thank you! I'm so glad I went through and got her. The long waits are getting to me, lol. I still have a Lillian I'm waiting on. Looks like May or most likely June. Missed you!

2. awww thank you! :D he came with small blue glass eyes and looked quite cold and unfriendly - I'd never liked the Carol sculpt at all due to the sinister way DC styled it, so I was on a mission to make him 'cute' LOL but like most of my dolly stuff, it was all synchronicity. I had 3 new, totally unplanned, tinies (and you think you're an impulse-buyer - lightweight!) :XD: Didn't like the eyes any of them came with, but had none in stock, so swapped them all around and strangely they all look great in their new owners! As for the faceup I was thinking of budgies - looked at lots of images online - they have those like bars of feathers on their heads so that's where I got the idea :3nodding:

yes they are worth waiting for - and when you finally get them it's such a nice surprise as you forget you ordered them about a year ago LOL

3. hahah i'm sure i'll reach the impulse buy madness stage don't you worry. I've accumulated 5 dolls in 4 months after all.
      Eyes make so much difference. I did my faceup on one of my msd boys and put his default eyes in and I HATED what i'd done, I was like "nooo this is terrible, 6 hours work.. i'll have to start again, this sucks, i've ruined it" but then I thought to try some other eyes and what d'ya know... suddenly he looked like himself.
      Go figure.
      I think eyes are just such an important part of a doll, the wrong eyes can just spoil everything.

4. @elve and @purple_monkfish I totally agree about the right eyes making all the difference! Also I have like over twenty pair in my save box, and when I get a new doll I go through them to see if any work...and guess what? They never do! I end up buying a pair just for that doll, but saving the others, just in case. Right now I'm having a terrible time finding a pair of pink sparkle eyes in 12mm. Just finding pink is the issue. And yes, I'm even willing to spend up to (gasp) $45 on a pair. That is one thing I thought I'd never do in this hobby. One of many it seems. I am going to use a pair of pink albino eyes from my stash, temporarily. However, I do have a pair of Swarovski 14mm crystal cabochons I tried (wrong color, peacock) and they fit prefectly. Maybe I should find a pink pair! Yay, I love 'research'!

5. yes I've used beads a couple of times for fantasy eyes - they're ideal! On page 3 of my photos on flickr, there's a pic of my dollzone tiny Wendy with pink sparkle eyes made from beads (why oh why did I sell her?) Orrrr there's these gold sparkle eyes maybe? In Stock, Glass Eyeballs for BJD Dolls - BJD Accessories, Dolls - Alice's Collections

6. I used marbles in one doll.

7. [​IMG]

8. Oh how cute! And what an amazingly detailed outfit he's wearing...such perfect and delicate in-scale knitting.:D

9. I've started sewing my girls fancy dress. So far, sewing for girls is a lot more fun. I'm using some fancy pink tulle with embroidered flowers on it for the top layer. Then I'm using some matching solid pink tulle for the next longer layer, followed with a mint green tulle for the final under layer. Yeah, a lot of sewing especially when I'm not a seamstress and I'm making it up as I go.

10. I made a vest, i'm procrastinating on trousers because I know they'll need to be elasticated and i'm nervous about making something that'll stretch over those hips but not bag really weirdly everywhere else hah.

I totally make stuff up as I go along lol. It's the only way to sew with weird shaped bodies I think.

11. Oh, yes, elastics. I'm going to use some for her underskirt. Thankfully Jubilee's hips aren't very wide. I don't envy you making pants, they are the hardest! If I had a Carol, it might never get dressed. My hat's off to you for going the distance and sewing your guy a complete (awesome) outfit!

12. I've got these and they fit him, although only short of course - I think poinsettia04 has a shop on ebay too - lovely quality :3nodding:

13. Just an update with a picture! I got Jubilee's dress finished! I just need to find a tiny green trim to put around the green skirt part. I used an already existing dress to build on (the green part). The hem is just a little rough. Overall, I'm quite pleased with my first ever girl dress! High fashion for sure. :wiggle

[​IMG]Jubilee's dress is almost complete! by SD Hampton, on Flickr

For some reasons pictures (at least mine) never seem to do my dolls justice. They look so much better in RL. Oh well, more picture practice! I ordered her wig from DDE. Since she takes a 4/5 wig, finding one in the color style I wanted was difficult. I hope it looks good. I never can be sure until I try it on. My color choices were creme or light pink. I chose light pink. I agonized over the colors.

14. that dress is so pretty! All teh detals, the ruffly bits. I love it.

15. @kurogane, she looks wonderful in her new dress! You truly did an amazing job with it.:) And a pink wig will be absolute perfection with her new outfit. I'm really looking forward to seeing her in a wig...I've been wondering what to do about hair with my Future Luna.

16. @PoeticSoul Thank you! I'm looking forward to seeing your Luna, especially in the green resin. Humm, I guess her being green does make it more difficult. Only because what goes well with green? And what type of theme you are working with? You could go with a lighter theme, like green, white, pink, or similar pastel colors, or darker with black, purple, or even grey and white. These are just ideas. I've seen some of your other dolls, and you are very artistic, so whatever you come up with will be spectacular!

Now I'm just waiting on some nice weather so I can do Jubilee's face up, paint her nails, and shoes. That is the part where I begin to worry. My face ups aren't as good as I wish, and I really want Jubilee to be something special. Oh well, I have plenty of time to think it over.

17. Pink looks amazing with green...
      hhehehe
      So do lots of colours. If I could i'd have a whole army of green dolls. I might be a little obsessed.

I look forward to seeing these gals all finished up.

18. oooh that's lovely well done! :fangirl:

19. Well, I took this to heart and just ordered a small tibetan mohair pelt from my favorite supplier that just happens to be pastel green/blue/pink...so she's going multi-colored all in one wig! That will make her unique I think. Too bad I'm going to have to wait so long to recieve her, but it always makes me happy just to have my supplies ready and decisions made prior to a doll's arrival. It's part of my bonding process.:)

20. ooo that sounds awesome!!