1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Doll Chateau Tiny Discussion Part 2

Sep 17, 2014

1. Ah, perfect! I think she will be beautiful in multi colors!

2. Double post, different day, lol.

I got Jubilee's wig....:sigh so much for Leeke, sigh. All I can say is it's a nice color. Crappy quality sums it up. Money NOT well spent. This is the hardest part of the doll hobby, so many 'money wasters' . I will admit, I was pretty upset -but it did prompt me to take matters into my own hands and make a wig. I have some very nice quality pink fake fur and went with that. Yeah, I know, fake fur. To most it's 'yuck'. I get that. To me, it looks good on her and it will work until that day when the right, great quality, reasonably priced wig appears. Plus she wears a 4/5. Not much selection in that size that has quality. My girl will be a pretty princess rebel!

3. Hey, fake fur wigs are great, @kurogane! And they're the perfect look for so many characters, not just as a stop gap measure. One of my dolls wears one because nothing else could ever possibly measure up insofar as her look is concerned. A lot of people use them for all the BJDs in their collection by choice.:) I'm sure she looks great and I'm really looking forward to seeing her in it. Good for you, for making your own!

4. Masha has new dress, new hair and new everything else! :XD:

[​IMG]masha1 by FuzzyDeluge, on Flickr

5. Awww...she's so pretty!:)

6. My Zora joins the community
      [​IMG]

7. What a lovely and evocative photo...well done!:)

8. A while back I took a group photo of my DC event dolls.... they multiplied.

[​IMG]

I should do one of all of my DC dolls when all have arrived.

9. What an amazing collection!

Oh my.. DC's green is droolworthy omg. Look at it! it's like china!

10. Ohhhhhh...look how wonderful they all look! And that green is gorgeous! I'm so happy I've ordered my Luna in that shade.:)

11. I think I definitely NEED a green DC now. Yep. *adds that to the wishlist all casual like*

12. Ooh, so many lovelies. A doll chateau event doll collection is definitely one I toyed with in the past.
      Anyways, I thought I'd share my hybrid Katherine that I'm working on!
      [​IMG]

13. She's so pretty! The Katherine head looks great on that body. Love the eyes too, like opals.

I still need to do the face up and body blush on my gal. The weather is not permitting!

14. Thank you all <3 DC's event dolls are really fun to play with.

Yesterday my little Spider (aka Xaviera) finally got a head:

[​IMG]

I knew I had to make a tiny version of my Elizabeth hybrid as Xaviera was released, here is the outcome :3 the head is a Little Monica Bonny.

15. Love it! I desperately want a xaviera body, just the body. I mean I like the head, but the character I want to shell needs a different face/head sculpt. I think I prefer the xav body to elisabeth's as well, it's more proportionate. not only are there 8 legs which makes me astoundingly happy (well if you think about it, Spiders use their pedipalps as arms/hands so those would just become their arms leaving still 8 legs right? I.. totally overthink spider taurs hahah) but the abdomen is a nice size to the humanoid torso. Elisabeth, while awesome, always feels a bit off balance to me, with her small spider butt against a much larger humany body. Xav has a large spider butt, and i'm all about the giant spider butts hahahaha.

some day I shall have one... some day

16. That is the cutest spider I've ever seen!

I've always wanted xavirea's head, but not the body, lol. Cute little lamby pie head.

Maybe early next week I can do Jubilees face up! We might get some sunshine! So far since last October we have had 46 inches of rain! Seventeen inches over our normal yearly amount. Don't get me wrong, I love the rain, but I do have face ups to do (:().

17. Lol, well then, I know who's getting the head if they ever rerelease em. DC did say they had "plans" for xaveria, i'm hoping it's like Larry and the cat girl's rereleases and we get another chance. If we do, i'm gonna put her on layaway because she's the only doll i've found myself regretting not buying and actually pining after.
      It's the spider body, I love spiders so much.
      I talked myself out of it when she was available becuase price and I didn't have money but oh what a fool I was haha.

Eugh wet weather is so frustrating. Hope spring finally shows up so you can get some dry weather to do those faceups.

18. @purple_monkfish I really think DC will re release a version of Xaviera again. That spider body needs a second release! I have troubles with the more expensive priced dolls too. Even with layaway, the price seems so huge, my mind has issues, lol. Eventually you will get a Xaviera!

At least the new spring releases I'm not interested in. Phew, as I'm still waiting on my November order.

19. Lol yeah, they do tend to rerelease their limited things. I mean, why spend all that money sculpting something and not reuse it? If she gets a rerelease i'm totally gonna sell a kidney hahahah.

20. I actually have been doing a layaway for an Xaviera in tan~ I'm super excited, though, yeah, DC sold them overly expensively.

I.... I don't know if I'll keep my girl's head. Or hybrid her onto a different body. c.c;