1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Doll Chateau Tiny Discussion Part 2

Sep 17, 2014

1. They look great together!

2. Oh my goodness, how adorable are they?!!! Delightful!:D

3. A few pages back some people asked which body you could put the Xaviera head on. I have mine on the Little Monica Bonbon Harmony body (which is nice since they don't sell the heads seperatly and I needed the head for the Xaviera body :'D).

Here is my little sheep:

[​IMG]

For more photos: Poupées de cirque

I have to say I sanded the neckhole a bit for better fit, but otherwhise the head looks quite good on that body.

4. Does anyone have a photo of Jodie or Hilary with a Clara, Zora, or Wanda?

5. I'm going through all 35 pages of this topic at the moment, and maybe I'll find an answer there, but to Hilary/Jodie? The odd body shape is a large part of why I fell in love with the Hilary, but now that she's here, I'm a bit at a loss to dress her.
      For all my other dolls I've sewn stuff, and I guess I could do the same here, but I'm unsure what kind of pattern to use as a starting point, considering the huge difference between torso and hips.
      She might be yosd sized, I know she'd never fit into a yosd dress...

6. If you sew, you can always do a skirt for the bottom and worry about pants later. Elastic in the waist is great when there is a big size difference.

7. an elasticated waist is likely the best way to go, as well as poppers or velcro aaaaall the way down as far as you can do lol. Just to get the fabric over those hips. My carol wears barbie pants of all things, but they're wierd and kinda.. huge around the hips on a barbie doll so i'm not sure what's going on there. They don't do up properly at the back but i'm too lazy to make a proper pair.

8. the bottom part of the outfit isn't really what worries me most. A skirt is easy to make, especially with elastics indeed! And it need a less exact measure, too.
      But making tops (or the top portion of dresses) has me puzzled. Judging my measurements, I think I could use as a base a pukifee/lati yellow sized pattern for that? But then again, I'm unsure it would work. I'll need to find a cheap tiny sized pattern and try it for myself... though I'm certainly willing to profit from other people's trials and errors too:sweat

9. @Shchel Ugh, your sheep is SO cute. I love how you've painted the horns and the face the clothes are made from wool/fibre!

10. has anyone got a dc Betty?

11. Hey, all! Thought I'd throw this here for anyone else who loves Xaviera, but missed out. :)

I asked DC if they had any plans to re-release Xaviera and/or her body. Got this response:

I'm so sad I totally ignored Xaviera, I thought she was just a new head for the Elizabeth body. Totally missed that it was a new body, different size, right number of spider-legs-- which I'm super into, and was the only reason I haven't bought Elizabeth yet. :sigh Oh well! Now the wait begins.

12. For the top of her body, I was able to use a bodice for a Pukifee sundress - I had to add some length to get the waist right. I measured out the skirt on her to get the length.

[​IMG]ADAD Deep (One) by Beth Simmons, on Flickr

13. The little DC ants are so cute. A spider, spider sheep, ants...what's next? Bumble bees and scarab beetles? I know you can do it DC, I need some bumble-butt in my life. xD

14. @Cloudedmind oh, yes! Bees or beetles! They would be awesome. The little ants are cute. I like how DC has two options.

15. Ilove the ants, I seriously love them. They'd look SO CUTE with Xaveira. Ahem.
      I kinda... love the grumpy and snaggle tooth ones but I can't justify their price right now. *sob*
      Same with Xav. I really did want her but I feel bad spending so much on myself but she's so cool.

gah.

Little green antsies, I wantsssss.

16. Just caught up with this thread and discovered that DOA changed their mind on the DC cats and that they're now on-topic. I have a Madeline and a Katherine, with their default face-ups. Here they are wearing Barbie dresses:
      [​IMG][/url]

17. Nice to see the kitty ladies!

18. They both are so cute! I love how they are blushed.

19. @Cattwo, Oh yes! That blushing on your kitties is absolutely divine. They are both gorgeous and how wonderful that they can wear Barbie clothes!

20. @LuckyXIII
      @kurogane
      @PoeticSoul

Thank you all very much for your nice comments! I thought DC did a wonderful job blushing these cats, too. It's not something I could do even half as well, hence getting them default. Here's a close-up of Katherine, in her default wig, showing a little more detail - she has these tiny white spots on her face, which are tough to make out, but they accent her face-up and look very cool in person:

[​IMG]