1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Doll Chateau Tiny Discussion Part 2

Sep 17, 2014

1. Are the ants on topic for this thread? Mine will be with me in a week or two, so I’d love to share her.

2. I have no idea whether or not they're on topic. I'd love to see your ant, though - if it isn't on topic, you could try posting in the Brigadoon forum and leaving a link here? I think that would be OK...

Also, @No_comment - Ptiza is fantastic! I wish she hadn't been limited... They always do have the greatest limited and event dolls, don't they?

I just ordered a yellow skin Jodie as a companion for Hemlock, my white DC Hillary. Who still doesn't have clothing and has been sulking for months now...

3. Fortunately I managed to wind up with a pair of Lunas and have finally finished their face-ups and wigs. I would like to introduce you to my two sweet bunny girls. Valentina is in normal pink skin and Ephemera is in green skin. They're a pair of forgotten toys in the attic.

[​IMG]

#743 PoeticSoul, Jan 12, 2018
      Last edited: Jan 12, 2018
    4. @PoeticSoul I love your two Lunas! What a fun story and I always love seeing DC's green resin. I have a grey luna hopefully coming in a couple months and I have renewed excitement for her now.

5. @PoeticSoul both of your girls are so well done! They do look like forgotten dolls, and are beautiful.

I finally got my Fiona dressed and wigged. I’ll try and take a picture. The days have been so dark.

6. Well, DC just told me I can't have my Jodie. I had ordered, and paid, and got the order confirmed, and THEN they told me he was discontinued. Now they're going to be refunding my money after the weekend. :(
      I'm really disappointed, I was so happy that I was still in time to get him, and now I have to go look for him second-hand after all.

@PoeticSoul - your dolls are stunning. I love what you did with them, and the green resin is very beautiful.

7. @Fairy Milliner that’s so sad! I hope you can find a Jodie. I had the same situation but with a different company this week. Ordered, paid, then got notice the doll was discontinued, and refunded. It feels awful!

Here is a picture of my Fiona named Sol. I made the wig and dress.

[​IMG]Sol by SD Hampton, on Flickr

#747 kurogane, Jan 12, 2018
      Last edited: Jan 12, 2018
    8. @kurogane, your Fiona is very beautiful indeed! And what a lovely wig and outfit you made for her. I love her glamor girl vibe.:)

9. I love these unusual creatures!

10. Hi y'all! I got my Ada doll on Friday and want to get some different eyes. Anyone out there with pictures of how she looks with 8mm vs 10mm. I really appreciate it! Thanks!

11. @kurogane - Your Fiona is very pretty. I really love DC's tinies, but I always seem to fall for the event dolls without ever wanting to buy anything that would qualify me for an event. LOL!!!

@poetic soul - I love your Lunas - especially the green resin is really beautiful!

12. @Fairy Milliner thank you! I so have the same issue with wanting the event dolls! I have quite a few, lol. Though, the newest event doll gives me pause. I love the head, but the odd sea creature body is off putting to me. Sorry DC, you lost me with that one. I’m always wondering what they will come up with next.

13. Hi! I just got an Ada too. I did try putting 8mm eyes in, but to me they did not fit her. There were big gaps.

To those who have restrung a DC tiny, what kind of elastic cord did you use?

14. Thankfully I have not had to restring mine yet. The elastic looks small enough that you should be able to find it in the jewelry section in craft stores. Or with the sewing supplies. It is the really thin round elastic (that is different than the bigger type). Just bring the elastic from your doll (or the whole doll) when you go to the store so you can compare.

15. @LuckyXIII Thanks for the tip. For some reason elastic for beads/jewelry did not occur to me. It's so obvious now that I see your comment.

Another question, do most have their tinies sueded? I could not get Ada to stand or anything at all. Or is wiring more helpful? Or both?

16. Sueding is a bit hard on dolls that tiny. I use memory wire (also found in the jewelry section). It is soft and flexible but works really well for the tiny dolls.

17. @LuckyXIII Thanks I'll look for that too. I've really never dealt with a doll so small before. I feel like I will crush her when I pick her up.

Also, Luna and Fiona are so cool.

18. Wahhh I just purchased my very first doll! She is a DC Landa! As soon as I saw her I thought she was special! I can't wait to receive her... though I'm guessing it will be a while! ^^

19. Hi! The ant came to me.
      [​IMG]