1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Doll Chateau Youth Dolls Part 3

Feb 23, 2018

1. So I received my youth girl body with bone wings today.....but the wings were not assembled. Instead of elastic, it comes with wire? Does anyone know how to go about attaching them to the body? There is elastic in the little spheres on the back, but the elastic is so tight you cannot pull it. I thought that the wire might be a type of string-puller buuuuuuut, nope?

Also not sure why they gave me a billion little s-hooks....

[​IMG]20201013_161613 by ✦Dedeko✦, on Flickr

#81 Anshishoku, Oct 13, 2020
      Last edited: Oct 13, 2020
    2. Have you received your orders?
      I also bought a Gladys head with the intention of putting it in a DV body too, but now I have doubts if the proportions match :XD:

3. I completely forgot I posted here, whoops!
      I did finally receive my order and in my opinion it makes a great hybrid. I dyed her in sunset inspired colors :D
      You can see her here, sorry for the phone pic.

4. aaaaAAA :D:D:love:love:love:love It was beautfiful!!!
      I was in doubt between using the Doll Chateau's body y-06 or this body from DV. I'll definitely buy the DV body :)
      You help so much! Thank you for sharing your girl :)

5. Oh that's awesome! Definitely my pleasure :D
      I had the youth-06 body before this, but I think I prefer the DV body.

6. @Snow I saw in another thread an Evangeline head on a y-06 and I found it a bit disproportionate :sweat but it will still remain in my wishlist!
      (btw your other dolls are so beautiful <3 )

#86 bobi5, Dec 18, 2020
      Last edited: Dec 18, 2020
    7. @Anshishoku - you probably already got info, but just in case you didn't or someone else is looking, this thread from BlackSheep really helped me with the 1/3 version of this wing set up: LINK

and near as i can tell the tiny S hooks are back up for the ones inside the wing that come pre-strung. I also got a little packet of them. i wish the magnets were a little stronger in a few places though.

here's my doll tax... i'm not even sure how Laney's wings are strung, and clothing, hoo boy. :lol:
      I thought she went in the adult section, so i'm glad to find the Youth thread :thumbup
      [​IMG]

8. @Grimalkin I found some photos on flickr. It's just that the string mine came with was WAY too tight and had no more stretch to pull it out and through the wings. I have to completely re-string it.

9. i wound up doing the separate elastic loop trick for just the wings, the body elastic was way too tight to work for me too.
      it definitely was a challenge. probably easier with a helper :lol:
      feeling lucky his box is big enough i can fold them around his shoulders and store him ok without the magnet pieces on.

10. Glad to know I was not the only one with an overly tight body. It was so tight I could not even put a head on her! I had to restring first thing.

11. Hey! Quick question for anyone who knows the answer; is the y-body-02 discontinued?? I can't find it available anywhere, but can't find any posts about it being discontinued either. Going off of that, does anyone know if DC is planning on releasing another male youth body? I loved the size and look of it compared to the kid or adult bodies, but right now the only youth bodies that seem to be available are the female ones.

12. Yeah, sadly the male body in the youth range has been discontinued… silently and without announcement some time ago. I sadly do not know if DC is intending to release a youth male body again, but it doesn’t look like it currently. If you need a shorter SD body (meaning under 70cm) I could recommend the DZ B60-005 which is roughly 62cm. If you like the slim proportions better and can deal with having a 70cm doll, Dream Valley has a nice slender 70cm boy body.

13. So they did to do silently!! Ahh that's a shame, if I knew I totally would've grabbed one lol! Thanks for the info!!

14. Oh no. So that's why I've had an impossible time finding him for sale at any dealers! That's so sad, I wish I could've had a chance to buy another one before they discontinued it. Especially with it being such a unique body, so skinny and lanky! I have the 70cm DV body, and that one is definitely lanky too, but still ten cm's taller :'<

15. It's my favourite body!! I really hope that they at some point release a new male youth body because the female one still exists

16. Hey! This thread have been quite silent, but I hope someone can help me. Where can I get shoes that would fit DС Christina (Y-body-03)? She's got a pair of old boots from her previous home, but they don't suit her summer look.

And my "photo tax":
      [​IMG]Edna, my DC Christina by Elsie Elf, on Flickr

17. I believe my girl has the same body, at any rate I looked up the measurements. I believe at least some shoes for dollmore model girls should fit. Mine fits in the ones I have but they are all different kinds of boots from them. I was Going to also recommend if there are any doll supply dealers in your area (I just ordered from one in the us, which is convenient for me) you can find non bjd specific shoes and for bjds especially with large feet you might find something cute that is not expensive and fits. I got some cute sandals in my incoming order I'm looking forward to though those are probably too small for this body. But there were a lot of shoes at 9cm length to choose from. The place I was shopping bought out some Monique stock and had some other brands too.