1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Doll Chateau Youth Dolls Part 3

Feb 23, 2018

1. @AlisonVonderland thank you, I'll look into dollmore model shoes & boots! I don't know anything about doll supply dealers here in EU, just moved here... Got a pair of SD-sized pants in a local toy store though, but not for this body.

2. Has anyone got any new dolls?

3. @chrystal This thread seems kinda quiet now - while I do not plan to buy any new DC Youth dolls I have just received my second hand Christina.

[​IMG]
      She’s from 2019 - I’m wondering if anyone could advise if I should get her DC Peach or White body…Against white tulle she’s rather creamy and according to at least few threads on DoA DZ/DC white resin seems so be more creamy and warm rather than paper white.

She was kept in a box, no sun exposure or face up, so I’d say yellowing should be minimal…Trying to get her best color body possible!

4. @silmaryel she really looks like white resin to me. i have several DC from same year and they are creamy now as well, also in boxes in the dark no face up. the peach has a bit of frosty pink tone to it and a bit of shimmer for lack of a better description.

she's really pretty. i always love DC's sculpts blank, they have this ethereal quality.
      congrats on your new girl :)

5. Are you sending her away for her face up or going to do it yourself?

6. @chrystal For now she’ll be blank - once I get a practice head and do some obviously failed face-ups I try'll to paint her. She’s just my third doll and previous two have company face-ups.

Since I am currently buying wigs, eyes and clothes, doing face-us is my opportunity to be creative in this hobby!

#106 silmaryel, Dec 2, 2022
      Last edited: Dec 3, 2022
    7. Thank you! I am really excited to have her. So I’ll most likely get her white body. I am not very fond of ghostly pale dolls, but she’s so pretty either way and this sculpt is a grail of mine. :love

8. Has anyone seen the new doll from DC, Flora? What do you think?

Flora

She looks like a crossover between Tim Burton's Corpse Bride and some Dark Souls bosses! Not a fan of the styling or the Y-06 default body, but I really like her face sculpt. Heavy-lidded eyes and those high cheekbones! Looking at the head cicrumference, it is on the smaller side, [something between their MSD and older SD female sculpts] so I wonder if it would look bad on the Y-04 body.

#108 silmaryel, Feb 19, 2023
      Last edited: Feb 26, 2023
    9. Now that you mention it, she definitely DOES look like the Corpse Bride. :huh?:

10. Hi everyone. Just wondering if anyone has had any success with modding the Y-06 body and/or Evangeline’s head so they fit together? I’m considering parting with the Y-04 body my Evangeline came with and the Y-06 would suit my character better if I decide to keep the head.. I just want to make sure it’s possible! :)

11. Flora has a very pretty, gentle face. I think she would have tons of potential in all kinds of directions.
      The way they have styled her seems a bit more than coincidentally similar to the corpse bride but what are you going to do I suppose... :sweat

12. I've seen hybrids in the past of Snow Nymph on the Y-06 body, which is similar to Evangeline. So I think it would work fine with little to no modding.

13. Under this link you can also see photos of Christina head on Y-06 body. You'd need to translate the post to check if they're mentioning any modding though :)

14. Thank you both! I don’t think I’ll be buying any more SD dolls, but have decided I can’t bring myself to part with my Evangeline head. Hopefully a change of body will give her a new lease of life :D.

15. I haven't gotten a new doll in quite a while, but Lafal is seriously tempting me. I'm not huge on centaurs and the fullset is very expensive (although it looks amazing, especially the wing), so I might just get the head and then try to find a body that works with the neck size. Does anyone have a doll in grey or moon white? I've been wanting a doll in grey skin for a while and maybe he'd be a good fit, but I'm really bad at imagining what the skin tone might look like on an actual doll.

16. I totally fell in love with Lafal when I found his page on Alice's Collections. I waited until almost the last minute to order him in case I talked myself out of it ( :lol: ) but I started a layaway for him on Tuesday. A few years ago I talked myself out of a limited MSD centaur from a different company and still regret not getting him, but I think Lafal will more than make up for it :celebrate

17. I’m reviving this thread as I finally repainted Melody, my Snow Nymph, this week and I’m proud of how pretty she turned out!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]