1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Doll Couples...Together or Separate?

Jun 5, 2009

1. Was it planed and did you order them around the same time?
      My first couple was definitely not planned. They just seemed to have the right chemistry! I got Hito in Spring of 2003 and Ryuu in Spring of 2005. I did do a little more planning around my present characters (Alon, Ulan, Tala, Kamya), but I'm still seeing what the chemistry is like between them all. The only thing that's certain is the familial bonds between characters. So I'm going to wait until I make them some clothing and see who really likes who! :)

Did you have one first and realize they needed a partner?
      Yes! That's actually what happened with Hito. I didn't think I'd even want another one, but I was like, "Hmmm. Where is the balance for this fiery girl?" Ryuu came along as the calming force.

With my current ladies and gents--they're all fairly new as they've just arrived in April/May, so I'm still trying to figure out what their personalities are really going to be like. That, and my sister still has not given me back my sewing machine, so I can't make their cool romance outfits yet! ;__;

2. In my world, I have two sets of brothers, and one set of older brother + boy twin & girl twin. ..... out of those, I also have my Huntyre, who is alone family speaking.

The only that are a "couple" if you'd call them that.... are Huntyre and Leiland... and I got them light years apart. Well, A year apart.

3. Oh lord...where do I start? I got couples, but some are family, some are dating. I got brothers, a whole family, dad and sons, etc. Not all was planned, I just got told about it as I got the dolls.

4. One of my couples were already together when I created their characters, so it just transferred over when I put them into bjd form. As for the others, they just happened.

5. Most of my dolls are pre-existing roleplay characters who were already in a relationship before they became dolls. I try to buy the doll's "partner" but some of the characters don't translate well due to age, facial hair, body size or other physical characteristics that don't look good on a doll.

6. It all started with Natalie. Then Bella came from Natalie being lonely and me getting birthday money so Natalie's little sister came home(Roughly 5 months later). Now Max, Bella's "boyfriend", has come since I've gotten a job(Roughly a little more than a year since I got Bella.). Once he gets here I think Natalie is going to be very lonely. So her boyfriend will probably get ordered to come home sometime later this summer.

7. Hmm, well, they're not exactly a couple but they are friends. I own Nola and Setsumi own's Ruka. I certainly wasn't planning on getting her any friends, it just happened XD

Now, when I ordered JA I had a completely diffierent character in mind. Then she arrived, wasn't qute to my liking, partially due to her size and the fact that her vibe wasn't what I was expecting, and I shoved her back into her bag. I finally took her out and I enjoying her. But now I know that she needs a girlfriend so I'm trying to find a doll she would like. Ugh, she's so picky.

8. Definitely... Kenshin and Kaoru are a couple, although it took me the better part of 3 years to settle on a Kaoru. There are some others in my crew, but they haven't exactly made an appearance yet ;) and everyone else is basically a big gang of resins who live in close proximity.

The "some others" weren't planned originally, but I eventually got to that "oh I have to have her." stage with the boyz.

9. I have three couples. Zana and Timothy are a lady and her servant, Cicero and (future) Remo are two inseparable brothers and Vinnie and Sally Biggs are married.
      Zana and Timothy were bought separately and I will get the other couples the same way. Most of the dolls I'm looking for are no longer for sale (only Sally is available through a pre-order), so it's almost impossible to buy them at the same time.

I must say in case of the brothers, it does sting a bit. I miss Remo, even though I've never seen him or owned him. Does that sound strange?

10. i love doll couples, and i especially love doll families :D

i got my first dolls pretty much as a couple, so it would be weird to have one and not the other. i think having more than one is more fun because they can interact and it makes for better photostories and photography.

besides that, i think one on its own would get lonely :sweat

11. I ordered Rook and Raidan at around the same time but with no thoughts of them being anything but a couple of dolls. When they arrived, they slowly became friends but nothing more. Then Lucah arrived. He put the moves on Raidan, Raidan was smitten, and they've been a couple ever since. None of it was ever planned; it just seemed a natural progression once those two dolls came together.

Rook was happy to stay friends and, as we've recently discovered with the surprise arrival of his son, Wren, his interests were elsewhere anyway.

Right now, Marley and Rue are forming a close friendship but the rest of the guys seem happy being single and "just friends".

12. Was it planed and did you order them around the same time? Never planned as it doesn't always work. But 1 seems to work very well 2 brothers.
      Did you have one first and realize they needed a partner? Had Older brother first then got little bro. Now almost a year later Lil bro will be going through growth spurt so sold young version and soon to have 4 yr. older boy arrive.
      Did you plan a couple get one first, then get the other? I guess in back of mind did as fell for these DT sculpts and they do look like siblings.
      Or does a friend have one and you have the other? No that would be more for my boys to get a GF as no girls allowed here.

I basically prefer siblings or friends, romance makes it hard to focus on what I really have the BJD for.

13. I like the idea of couples, but it never seems to happen. I have one favorite guy doll and I keep buying girls for him, but the girls seem to wander off on their own once they get here and one of them even became his sister. I now think he is doomed to bachelorhood. I'll still keep buying girls though. ;)

I have two mature tinies who are matched up, but they're both girls.

14. Wow, so many different and intresting responses, it's really cool to see everyones varying opions. It's actually really neat!

15. It's not a couple but I'll eventually get my boy dollie his twin sister. lololololol. It's okay if it's just me and him but I feel like he'll get lonely when he's alone. : (

16. Was it planed and did you order them around the same time?

No - I ordered Seifer (then Cillian) about a year ago, and bought his first boyfriend in november last year.

Did you ha ve one first and realize they needed a partner?Did you plan a couple get one first, then get the other?

Seifer was supposed to be an OC and cosplay Seifer sometimes - it didn't work. He wasn't fae enough to be Cillian so I gave in to my addiction and made him Seifer Almasy from FF8. I always knew there would be a Squall around for when he was being Seifer.

However... I didn't expect iplehouse to produce mars and make me want an Irvine as much as I do.

Or does a friend have one and you have the other? Seifer's having a fling with one of my friend's dolls - a mars in fact.

17. A few of my couples were bought with the intention of them being a pair but most just worked out that way after they arrived. I bought my first two BJDs together with the intention of them being a couple but I soon traded Red for another doll & just now sold Lydia. If I ever can snag an Aaron, he'll be a signifigant other for Cocori but for now she seems happy with one of the Souldoll boys.

None of mine have relationships outside of my own collection.

18. Sade has a girlfriend, but shes not in doll-form yet xD Sade being my first doll, i was more worried about getting him first then her. I wasn't able to find the right sculpt to suit her either, so i didn't want to rush on buying her.. I found one eventualy (this past week to be exact) a B&G Sky, but im broke from registering for Otakon so im saving up for her now x3; Sade is very upset :sweat

19. My dolls are sort of "grouped"... donno if that applies.

For example, I have a Volks SD, Volks MSD girl and boy, and a Volks Yo Boy who are all brothers and sisters (i'm not thier mom)... they all kinda look similar and have the same skin color, so it kinda fit (wasn't planned).

I have 2 whiteskin boys (different brands), one SD and one MSD who are related (cousins I think)... again, not planned. They both have more "realistic" sculpts and the same colorings (white skin, brown tone faceups)... so it worked.

I also have a group of dolls that are "deamons" come to live in the human world. Not necessarily relatives, but all grouped together.

20. I own two 'couples' ^^. One relationship-like couple and a set of twins.

Was it planed and did you order them around the same time?
      No, I didn't plan it like that and no, I ordered them a couple of months apart.
      They just 'happened' xD.

Did you have one first and realize they needed a partner?
      Yes. Ren was kind of lonely... Sitting in his little chair all by himself. So I bought him a partner. When I got said partner I was pretty happy with the two of them. But then I got the idea of twins. I guess it was faith that the second twin was up for sale without any pre-order time. I couldn't resist ^^.