1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Doll Couples...Together or Separate?

Jun 5, 2009

1. I have 3 couples present and several planned.

Was it planed and did you order them around the same time?

Yes, it was planned, but of my 3 couples I did order only 1 around the same time. And I don't specifically plan to order any of future couples together. My dolls are all characters of the same storyline and I try to buy them in the order those characters appear in a story, not by couples.

Did you have one first and realize they needed a partner?

I have this situation with one of my dolls which was supossed to be alone. But later I saw I need to find a partner too.

Did you plan a couple get one first, then get the other?

Mostly so, yes.

Or does a friend have one and you have the other?

No, and I don't plan to do separate couples. I have enough dolls planned for myself. and then I don't much like concept of "lovers" not being together. It seems very sad for me.

2. Was it planned and did you order them around the same time?
      My basic characters are from a universe I dreamed up in 2003 so yes planned. I have the names all picked out already too XD

Yep yep~ I search for them one by one. There was more than a year's gap between them.

Sort of? My doll's twin is owned by my friend but each twin's "other half" is owned by the same person with the twin at hand.

3. I only have one definite couple in my resin crew. My 2 boys, Locutus and Raven, are boyfriends. ^_^
      Pics: http://picasaweb.google.com/alanna214/RavenAndLocutus#

Raven just screams "uke" and Locutus just kind of stepped in to fill in for the "seme" role. >_<

Was it planned and did you order them around the same time?
      It was not planned. Raven's head showed up, then Locutus, then I got Raven's body. It was mostly an accident. But with this many boys around, it was bound to happen eventually. :p

Once they were both here, and Raven was completed, they just kind of clicked.

I haven't done this, and I'm not entirely sure that I would. I'm sure a few of my resin kids are at least friends with my friends' dolls. Though they don't really share that stuff with me. >_>

4. I don't want my dolls to couple up because I want them to love me the most.

5. So far I just have AoD Zhen head but I alread know who I want to get to couple him up with when he gets a body.

6. Before getting Eva, I already planned to get her a boyfriend. But sadly he can't arrive at the same time as her. Still saving up to get him. :(

She is supposed to know him way before she arrives at my place. I'm sort of a guardian of hers and searching for her boyfriend now. So I had it all planned out from them knowing, his disappearance and his arrival in future, hopefully less than 2 years time! :sweat

7. for me it just sort of happened... after introductions, there was no stopping them...

8. For my first dolls, I plan to get them together at the first time :D
      For future dolls, I always think about my dolls story and try to get someone that can fulfill my story.
      Get one or couple depend on character in a story.

The adventure still endless story, so I still lose me money for doll forever LOL

9. Since I started this and have no gotten my couple I figured I'd add my two cents.

I bought and had rune shipped first. And while she was on her way here I contacted a friend who was selling her MSD boy, and low an behold Baz arrived just five days later.

They were pre planed as a couple. Just not so quickly.

10. Was it planed and did you order them around the same time?
      Definitely planned, but there's no way I'll be able to order them at the same time. These dolls are too expensive for that, at least for me, haha. XD

Mel's character definitely evolved first, but Locke followed very quickly after and both insisted that they simply couldn't be without each other. With Donovan and Kate, I knew I needed someone for him, and Kate floated back up out of an older character's design and said, "Give him here." So I did. :) Since I actually want to live in a land of fairytale princes and unicorns, it's really hard for me to have a character that I love and not give them a significant other, especially when they're all dark and troubled, like Mel. He and Locke need each other in my head, so they need each other in dolly-form, too.

Mel and Don's are definitely coming home first, mostly because their characters are much dearer to me and partly because it'll give them a chance to angst over their missing lovers. :) Mel is especially good at that!

11. Was it planed and did you order them around the same time?
      [I'm very indecisive, but always plan the things XD. Almost. But it's near impossible buy both together. Not only because of the money ~another reason~, somethimes both aren't disponible at same (ex: kdoll heads)]

[My first doll, yes. I was newbie, never had special things or hobbies. I just feeled like "i need this doll". Only after bought him i realized every else XD.]

[Most part of time, yes. But you know, i have this problem, i'm too perfectionist and need every single detail about their history. And them i get bored. I'm really indecisive...]

does a friend have one and you have the other?
      [My luck is so good that i don't know anyone near me that like this hobby. I need find them...]

did it happen a completely different way?
      [Something like "wow, they look so good together. I think i'll force them into a relationship!" hahaha]

12. Some how I ended up rping and my characters got paired off with an ex friends. I never really planned anything like that before. I figured at some point if I wanted couples i'd buy a male or female for the particular person. Now I have put things together better and the ones with storylines are coming along as couples, families and things like that so im working on getting the dolls for all that.

13. It is rather funny how my first boy, Azakiel got paired with his lover now became his spouse. I actually planned to get a partner for him, which would be a taller boy and had discussed with my closest friend about it. That time, her own boy was supposedly paired with another doll.

But it seems the relationship for her boy and his ex partner didn't went well, and eventually, he was single. And then the idea of pairing my boy and hers just came, and we thought, "Hey, why not." Oddly, her boy's ex-partner was a DoT Sha too.

And even more oddly, when we paired my boy with hers.. They just clicked and looked really happy with each other. And.. looked so lovey dovey. And well, now they are married and seemed still so happy with each other.

But sorry to my poor boys. I'm still bringing the intended partner back home. >.>

14. What an interesting thread! I'll have to add my two cents~

Was it planed and did you order them around the same time?
      Oh, it's definately planned. I'm still unsure whether to save up for both or one at a time.

Being former rp characters (which didn't actually do much rping >>) They were at first created spur of the imagination, but as soon as they were they became my favourites. They are my only true couple, but yeah, as soon as one was made, the other came right after ^^ Haven't got the dolls yet though..I've had the couple for years :)

Because they are so close, I'm unsure whether to get one first or both at the same time, as I know as soon as I get Julian he'll start on about Zaiden not being by his side. But it'll take longer to get them that way..So I'm divided :...(

15. Breaking things down to the questions is really confusing, so:

Tanal wasn't even planned as Tanal, it was a big surprise for me when an extant character claimed my first doll as his vessel. And an even bigger surprise when I dusted off his story to start working on it again and he told me in no uncertain terms that he was not going to wind up with Bethany at the end, but rather with the stupid dragon... at which point I also knew I had to get a doll vessel for Gamrut, and that choice had to be approved by Tanal (when I stuck a Bernard collage up as my wallpaper was the first time Tanal sat like he was actually looking at the computer and not just stuck facing that direction).

Christopher and thothep are also extant characters from another partially written tale, and far from getting them at the same time, I changed my mind about thothep's vessel a couple months after Christopher's made it home.

I think Kali wants to stay single, but we'll see further on that once she has a body.

The twins don't really have partners, so I've been contemplating whether I'll throw them into one of the dolly-dating games here for the fun of it. Of course, I may eventually come up with in-story partners for them... we'll see...

Of other characters I have planned to doll, pairings are:
      AoD Jay - 014987 "Taran"/DM Model Kyle Reese - Llewellyn Crarn
      IP Ryan - Sprite/Unidoll Anthony - Tudor Waston
      DZ Yage/RS 68cm hybrid - Mary Anne Tarn/Likemey Quaiun - Jose Ramez
      Elf Elly Boys EomJi and Kiwi (No characters, but I'm getting this feeling off them...)

Unpaired are:
      Soom Sabik - Kashak, D.O.D. T. E-an - Kina Pene, IP Ryushin - Mark "Shadow Dance" Delarange, Souldoll Metel - Hibiscus Featherwalk, IP Jessica - Jessica Blake and all the others I want that don't have planned characters. Any of these are also possibilities for getting into the doll world dating crazies (especially as I enjoy doing photostories).

The only ones that might get bought at the same time are the Banjis, and they're more likely to be pairs of a girl and a boy so I can do body swaps (what with Eomji and Kiwi boys being sold out).

16. Well my two girls Helen and Ginger are based on my anthro wolf characters that I draw, and they are mated. So I got Ginger first and then looked for Helen I own both of my girls.

17. Right now, I think my plan is to buy my next two dolls at the same time, since they're kind of a unit. I'd rather wait longer to order and have them both come home at the same time, since I'd be ordering them both from the same company. But if I was ordering a couple where the perfect sculpts for the characters were made by different companies, I'd probably be happier to have one of them wait and order the other later.

=^__^=
      Anneko

18. Well, I don't have a couple yet, but after having my first (and only) BJD for a while, I decided she should have a boyfriend eventually XD I think one of the reasons is because I see so many gorgeous male dolls as well that I feel I should have atleast one lol

19. I'm going to have a doll couple. I already ordered the female, but I have to wait til May to go to the Volks USA to put in my FCS order for the male. I would have ordered them together if I could have just gotten the boy online.

20. I've had my poor Ilari since mid 2009, and still haven't bought his wife. Mostly because the perfect doll only recently became available, thanks to Iplehouse's custom system. I'd love to buy her asap, but I'm sort of broke now. Oops.