1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Doll Couples...Together or Separate?

Jun 5, 2009

1. Well, originally I felt my first doll needed a boyfriend, which justified my purchase of a male doll off the marketplace. However, once he arrived it became rather clear to me that he and she probably wouldn't mesh well (She's more of a girly shy type, where as he'd be more attracted to a stronger girl type.) So, after a few months I ordered another girl doll who ended out fitting with him perfectly. She's not particularly strong, but she's a dominant sort and seems to work well with him.

Of course, now I revisit the fact that my poor first girl doll still has no man. I know I'll get him eventually, and I have a sculpt planned for him, and I know what sort of wig I'll buy for him, so it's all about me focusing and saving up to finally get him home.

2. Was it planed and did you order them around the same time? I have tried planning girl boy couples with disaster after disaster. But my two boys have worked out well from start to getting there.

Did you have one first and realize they needed a partner? No couple was well thought and planned.

Did you plan a couple get one first, then get the other? In my couple that is working oh yes planned. I like the one mold and was lucky company also had the perfect mate.

Or does a friend have one and you have the other? I would love one of my friends to have the perfect Queen to my King, but to far away to make it work. May look locally though.

3. No matter who I look at, I can't find a love interest for my Amelia, and believe me I've looked. All my RS MSD girls I've got planned, on the other hand.. will have some sort of relationship with each other. It was easy when I had planned 2 of them they would just be together, now I'm up to wanting 5 girls, so I'm still working out in my head who's with whom. I'm sure they will tell me more when they all start to arrive. And I know that all 5 of them are very, very close to one another in some way.

4. Was it planned and did you order them around the same time?

No and no..Rain started out solo, I tried him out with a gf but it didn't really seem to work.

Did you have one first and realize they needed a partner?

I got a Moon and set him down just by chance with Rain while I was sorting through clothes ...and he just fell over on Rain, so it seemed to be a good fit for their respective characters. They were more interesting as a couple than they were separately!

5. I'm thinking of having my doll set up on a blind date. she seems pretty lonely and she is afraid of not being able to make new friends at large meet-ups. :) Idk who to get her though

6. Originally, I wanted Three MSDs - two girls and a boy. Based on the song Vivica, by Jack Off Jill. Vivica (my first doll) would be in love with Ethan (who I planned as a DZ Raphael) and there would be another girl (never decided on a sculpt) who would love her. Whole twisty plot. That went out the window. xD (Although I'd still like to do a photostory with it.)

I have Vivica, and a few other dolls (all girls). And I've recently decided Vivica and Pepper need brothers. Vivica is going to be a twin, Pepper will be an older sister.

Aubree needs a "partner"; boyfriend, husband, whatever. I didn't think of that till awhile after I'd gotten her though. But she seems... lonely without one.

7. Originally Mike was suppose to be with Liz. I bought her after him later, after his best friend, but they didn't click. So she got sold. Then he met Sorral, owned by a friend. Eventually in the story they divorced, and he remarried. (I did buy my own Sorral, as she had one too.) I bought that doll, Nathaniel, but as we rped, they too divorced. Then she sort of disappeared. So I wanted him to have someone and started writing. Lucas was born. I bought Lucas last year, got him this year. (Soom Shoshon) So Mike now has his new husband.

Others....well, Seiji asked when he got here where was his wife and kids. So had to get them. Emily was already here when I bought Niko from a friend and they just clicked. My Sorral went to my Kyo, as they had in the story earlier. Others have siblings here, like Kohji told me he had an older brother. Took me twice to find him. It varies. No one was really bought at the same time, save for two pukis.

8. In December 2009 I got my first BJD. I already had his character in mind and everything, and he had a lover as well. It took me a long time to find the right doll that matched the image I had in mind for his lover, though. Somewhat unfortunately, that doll happened to be from RingDoll, which has had a massive backlog for about a year now. I ordered the boyfriend doll in January 2011 and he was only shipped last week. My doll and I are eagerly awaiting his arrival. And in the interim I wrote a little story about a tragic accident that left him comatose for several months.

From the beginning I had this couple in mind, so they always existed to me; I just had to do a lot of searching to find the dolls that fit what they should look like to me. They are role play characters my wife and I created. My character is the doll I have now, and she plays the boyfriend we're waiting for. And likewise she has a couple, playing the female character and I play her boyfriend. She ordered her dolls at the same time I did, except her boyfriend came from Iple House and arrived promptly and I have been waiting and waiting and waiting to get mine from RingDoll. I think she feels guilty she got her set put together first, actually, so she doesn't play with them very much at all.

9. I would like a friend of mine to have one (male doll), so that we could make a couple. I don't know if he will get one, he's not to much on the bdj, even though he likes it and apreciates it very much. I'll try more to have him buy one...

10. That is a lot of it, yes. I wanted us both to have our couples together, and so I've felt guilty having my pair together. But it's also been his wig a little, too. Which has been remedied by our most recent order! I'm so looking forward to it arriving.

My two other adult dolls are currently single--sort of. Alan does have a partner that I would like one of us to purchase at some time, but I've yet to see a doll that really fit what I have in mind. And Leira has no interest in men. I'm planning to purchase a couple more elfs to build a sort of "tribe," but no romantic companion for her.

11. You're so cute! I didn't think the wig was that bad.

We should make a couple where one of us has each half of the couple. Pleeease? It would be so cute and sweet!

12. I think it makes him look like a Weasley brother. It really doesn't suit him.

I'd love that, too! It sounds so adorable. We'll either have to put together a new couple, then, or you can buy Alan a boyfriend!

13. My dolls are generally characters that I created for my novel, so I already know who is in relationship or not and with him/her.
      However, I have dolls who are inspired by video game characters (like Isaac from Castlevania Curse of Darkness). In these cases, I generally have an idea (for example, I wanted to make a Isaac-Ralph Belmont duo). Unfortunately, I can't afford them together (some dolls are sold out and very hard to find... and very expensive >_<".)

14. My friend and I are just finishing a doll couple that we've planning for about a year now and we're finally getting the body for her doll's boyfriend...I mean Husband XD. He's going to be my Migidoll Ryu/Resinsoul Hybrid named Ryan Hayworth. He's one of my favorite roleplaying characters and I can't wait to finally have him complete and hold for once.

My friend's doll is a Iplehouse Storm named Jericho, who happens to be the "Wife" in the relationship even though he doesn't look like he should be.

15. Was it planed and did you order them around the same time?
      Did you have one first and realize they needed a partner?
      Yes.
      Did you plan a couple get one first, then get the other?
      I did that too, I have three couples. My first couple just happened of it own accord about 5 months of being friends, then next I had one doll about a year then realise she wanted a boyfriend. My third couple was planned, once the girl was complete I started saving for her boyfriend right away, I'd already picked him out as her intended. ;)

16. Well... I got a doll based off of an RP character and my girlfriend got a doll based on one of her characters who she RPs with with me. My doll was supposed to be gay, and hers was supposed to be in love with another one of her characters. Guess what! The two dolls are inseparable. It's rather funny, but also really creepy...

17. Of my 13 adult dolls, 12 are in relationships (dating/engaged/married). Amir has a fiance AND a boyfriend. My friend in Kansas owns the "other half" to 9 of the couples, my sister owns 2 and I own one set myself. I plan for Cosmos to remain single.

Was it planed and did you order them around the same time? Then only ones ordered at nearly the same time are the two that are in relationships with my sister's dolls, since we live together and decided to give our rp characters bjd forms. Some of the others were planned with my friend, some just happened through rp. The couple i own was NOT planned. I had actually bought Hansel to be Amir's husband, but Hansel ended up with my friend's doll and Amir decided I got Mikko for him. lol
      Did you have one first and realize they needed a partner? Amir was my first and I bought Loki to be his bff, possibly turned boyfriend. This did not happen. They were bffs, but Amir seemed to think Loki was not his type. :P
      Did you plan a couple get one first, then get the other? None of the couples I planned worked out in the long run.
      Or does a friend have one and you have the other? See above. In total, I have 11 couples where someone else owns the other.
      Or did it happen a completely different way? Almost all of them started as a single character that found a partner through roleplay. The only ones who were already a couple and had it written in their story before getting rp'd are my boy Matt, whose boyfriend belongs to my sister.

18. So far of the dolls I have, all but one of them has some sort of planned partner, whether it be romantic or sibling. So far only Penny has a shelled romantic interest, and Ixia has a shelled sister. Currently, Ridley's lover/"master" (as in the one he can grant wishes for as he is a genie) has been chosen, but she hasn't been bought. Autumn may or may not end up with a sister, but I'm still in the process of finding her personality anyway so I'm not sure yet. Yara has no one planned at all - she's not really a "people" person, though my mother's little DZ Dragon girl has gravitated towards her as a guardian.

I don't own any of their partners. My best friend and I got in to dolls as a way of shelling our characters, and so she owns half of a pair and I own half.

19. My first couple has joined slowly started edging together in my mind - I want a Soom Alex to be partner to my Soom Chrom.

I've had Chrom since his 2009 release, but I hadn't got around to getting him a body, so he was slightly off my radar as far as characterisation was going. Now that I'm getting an NS Sard and a Bronze Heliot, I suddenly have a lot more to think about with Chrom (he's getting a body to share AND an ally). I realised that I'd always envisioned his rebel group as consisting of three people - him, Anodýne (Heliot) and a girl he has a very... complicated relationship with.

Soom's Alex being that girl definitely wasn't planned (I'm actually still trying to deny it to myself, because I can't really afford Alex unless I sell some parts off, which I hate doing). But she just fits so perfectly - she's got such a determined and focussed expression (a must for my loyal-to-the-death, out-spoken girl), she's NS (no pale limpet beauty for my rebel leader), and she has massive elf ears (I want as many characters of mine as possible to have fantasy ears, and massive elf ears are something I don't have in my clan yet).

If I don't manage to snag an Alex in time, I'm... probably going to end up haunting the second-hand markets for her. Such is the power of romance, I suppose!

20. I have one doll right now and am shopping for her boyfriend. I'm super picky and super broke, so it will probably be a year or so before I buy one, but I know I MUST have a dolly couple!