1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Doll faces

May 27, 2018

1. I'll look into it. Thank you again :D

2. I can't say I have a definite favorite because I couldn't count how many sculpts i've been actually in love with. My interests with aesthetics vary greatly so it ranges from manly looking sculpts, to a more feminine (boy) sculpt, and onto the cute ones (includes girls). Most of these aesthetics though were mostly hit specifically by doll clans. I also really like half-open eyes/sleepy eyes.

3. Cute and childish youthful looking ones for both girls and boys. The faces have to have big eyes and tiny little button noses, as far as style goes I prefer those that are the closest looking to the Victorian-Era Porcelain dolls of old, though I'm also okay with something in between anime and realistic like.

4. I'm really partial to semi-realistic faces, like you see in old school sculpts. And since the majority of my collection consists of dreaming faces, with tiny teeth showing, I think I've got a theme there too ;).

5. I prefer sd male faces. I like the manly and sexy type :)

6. I like both more realistic faces and semi stylized ones. I have dolls from Lume that are more realistic, and Mini Gem dolls from Soom that are more stylized. I love the look of many Iplehouse dolls but don't yet own one. I prefer adult faces to more child like ones. I like dolls who have a "sexy and I know it" look to more innocent ones. I also like elf-eared and fantasy dolls.

7. when i first thought of getting into this hobby i wanted more anime looking faces but when i actually had the money to do so it was all about the realistic faces i don't think i have a single anime looking doll except maybe yui or my yummy. the more anime look just doesn't suit what i'm going for with my collection unfortunately.

8. I like cute, stylized faces with pouts! But I do keep a variety around me ranging from my fairly realistically proportioned Impldoll Dylan to my more distinctive Volks Mark or Doll Chateau kids! Lately, while looking for alternatives to the Planetdoll aesthetic, I've started to fall in love with DIM sculpts!

9. Realistic.

10. I like them all! I started out with the old-school style dolls like CP Delfs and have since gotten into the sculpts with more realistic features, as well. But bonus points if any of those sculpts have pointy ears! I'm a sucker for all things fantasy.

11. This question is hard for me, because while I love unique, mature looking SD sculpts, I don't have or plan to buy any SDs!!
      A big thing for me though is I like them to have at least some sort of unique feature. Big eyes, small nose, and small mouths are cute, sure, but a doll with a big nose or a wide chin - yes!!!

12. I definitely have strong aesthetic tastes when it comes to sculpts I admire (and covet) but when it comes to purchasing I try to stick to a budget and sometimes go with something maybe more generic but has potential. In smaller doll sizes I'm all about the cute and childlike features (snub noses, big eyes, freckles) but as I build my SD collection I'm going for mature and realistic, with unique and human features like cleft chins and teeth gaps and bumpy noses, things that make a sculpt interesting and less doll-like.

13. this^^, although I have my "weird" exceptions as well :XD:

14. I like way too many types...! Pretty boys and girls, anime-ish, realistic, anthropomorphic, animal, fantasy, cute, sweet, handsome, beautiful... I like them ALL pretty much. Not ugly or gore. Attractive-ugly or slightly monster-ish is fine, though!

Just a few of my bjds---
      [​IMG]11-03-group_7514z by aprilllee, on Flickr

15. I prefer more mature faces, generally more realistic than not, and almost always male. Baby/kid dolls aren't really my thing. Although I am a huge fan of Doll Chateau, lol.

16. I tend to go for odd looking sculpts with a hint of cute! My definition of cute has been scrutinised in the past though, so that's not really all that much to go on :XD:

I admire realistic looking sculpts but only from afar, because owning them just didn't work out for me!!

17. I like fantasy or at least semi realistic! I like realistic sculpts a lot too, but for me it’s really a matter of matching a face to a character

18. i like realistic cute with big eyes maby little sad, expression.

19. I like realistic faces. I like my dolls to look like real people.

20. I would say I prefer the more realistic faces. Not necessarily 'hyper-realistic' but those with realistic proportions. They might have eyes that are either a little too large or small, or a mouth that is a little too narrow and small, but the overall appearance is one of a natural appearance.

I have seen some lovely anime-style faces, like 2D dolls with their mature 'game character' 70cm sculpts and cuter 'cartoon character' 27-28cm ones. But, I really love Granado, Charm Doll, Loong Soul, and those companies with more natural sculpts. My current wish-list consists of CD Baron and LS Min Yan. Pygmalion Han. Granado Raguel. A whole host of Iplehouse sculpts.