1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Doll Family H Discussion

Apr 7, 2010

1. Thank you @SynnfullKaydee , I will share when I get her and give her a faceup :)

@chrstphrl you did a great job removing them! Keep working on technique. With pencils, you have to make them super sharp which isn't easy. What some people do is to sharpen them on rough paper, or fine sandpaper by rubbing them sideways and refining the tip. I found I like watercolor paint and these paint brushes in size 0 or 1 to get a nice fine line (they seem thick, but have a very fine point. If you use watercolor, you can thin them down a lot (I get them in a tube, a high quality brand) and the brush thickness acts like a reservoir, but you still need to blot it on a paper towel not to get runny blotchy lines. It's the only thing I've found that works for me after many years trying :( And now I'm old with shaky hands, ugh! LOL The waterolor is easily removed with a damp q-tip, but acrylic paint sticks and won't come back off, even when you've just made the stroke! I'm still trying to get the technique of nice strokes that leave the line thicker on one end smoothly ending at a fine tip. So far, no go, LOL. OH, and one more thing I've learned: If you live in the USA only, the Winsor & Newton paint brush cleaner that's expensive as heck, takes off the faceup really easily, which makes the fear of trying again not so bad, and it's safe on resin. Just brush it on with an old toothbrush, let it sit a few seconds, then brush again, with a little more, and keep going until you got it off. Usually doesn't take much, so a 4 oz bottle should last quite a while. After you think you got it all, wash with water and dish soap with the same tooth brush, then go back to the brush cleaner if you see missed spots. Nothing works that easily, and I've tried acetone, magic eraser fingernail polish remover, ugh, nothing worked so easily! Unfortunately, it's not the same stuff in Europe or GB :(

Finally, for blushing with pastels, you can get away with cheap brushes (they get ruined easily) you just have to make sure they're really clean and dry :) I have been using expensive brushes, and I still get blotchy results, I see no difference :)

Gosh I hope that helps, I need to make a tutorial on products because although I'm not great at doing faceups, it took me forever to figure out these things! Everyone says to use acrylic paint, but that stuff sucks if you make a mistake! :D

Oh, one final tip!! With blushing or using pastels you have to make sure there is no clumps of color, because when you spray with MSC or whatever you use, it will run/bleed It's best to do light coats, blow it off with a duster even, if you can, get any excess off, and do another layer after a layer of MSC rather than try to make it dark the first time around.

#21 IngieBee, Sep 21, 2018
      Last edited: Sep 21, 2018
    2. I can't help there, but beware, I think I saw a girl where the neck looked unnaturally long??? Really not sure though?? I really have not researched on DF much...

3. Thanks for all the tips and the encouragement! I'm great at removing faceups. I did my MSD 5 times before I got tired and stopped. :D I too shake pretty badly so it's all on a learning curve to counteract that and being colorblind just makes it so much harder. I really don't enjoy doing them anyway but I can't afford to send any out. This guy I just thought I'd play with and maybe look towards getting him a body someday.

4. Well, I hope it helps, I mean it was unsolicited advice, ROFLMAO. It just comes out of me, especially the paint brush and watercolor paint in a tube advice because I've struggled and struggled with getting brows and lashes to work. I mean, I am still cr@p at it, LOL, but the tools and materials work now, and before, It was impossible to get the paint to flow, or the lines fine. So those two things work far better than anything else I've ever tried! So I just want to spread the info so others don't bother with the acrylic which really doesn't work because it doesn't flow as well and won't wipe off! When you have the right materials, you can finally work on technique, or I could, rather than fighting with the tools and materials and feeling like throwing the precious doll against the wall,, LOL

5. I'm really interested in some DF-H big boys, but I can never really find too much on them from owners :/

If anyone has (or has ordered) 'Zhenluo', 'Ghost General - Beilan', or 'General's Adviser - Lou Yunci', I'd love to see pics :)
      Especially of 'Ghost General - Beilan' in a skin tone other than the grey in the company photos >w< And also 'Zhenluo' with a different type of faceup than in the company pics ^_^

6. I'd be more than happy to see Luo too! He's on my wishlist and I'd like to see some owners' photos.

7. My Lou Yunci should be here soon :D

8. Oooohhh~ Can't want to see :D I'm likely to nab him as a head and he can share a body with the Zhenluo I'm planning on getting ^w^
      Which body did you get your Lou Yunci on? I'm leaning toward the 65cm 3-part torso body (mainly because it works better for the character I'm planning the Zhenluo for).

9. I'm really curious about those 70cm hands on the ghost guy Beilan, that thumb joint looks so innovative. But I haven't found them anywhere else, are they actually DF-H brand?

10. @mincy I don't know, but they look a lot like these doll legend hands? I got a pair on order with short nails and I also look forward to seeing if the extra joint allows for more interesting poses :D

11. @IngieBee Thank you! I totally agree. I would love to buy those, the long nails are so cute, but i dont have any 70cm dolls (´・ω・`) Interesting of them to use another company's hands if it is the case! :D

12. @mincy yah, it is strange if that's the case, because they do seem to have their own line of jointed hands?

13. @mincy I've only just noticed they're different to the 70cm hands they actually sell...
      Like you and @IngieBee said, seems it might be from another company? I'm slightly more leaning towards them maybe being a new hand prototype that might be released though, since it seems odd to use another company's items when they have their own. :?

Also, speaking of jointed hands, does anyone know which jointed hands would work best on the 65cm body? 1/3 or 70cm? I'm guessing 70cm, but I really don't know how the proportions would look.

14. My Shadow (General's Adviser - Lou Yunci) arrived yesterday! He is on a DF-H 65cm 2-part torso body, resin is tanned imported+jointed hands.
      And I totally love and adore his face, beautiful lips and skin color. I love his body too.

I need to buy Amadiz wig for him, because bought him wigs in 8-9" size, but his head is more 9-10" for me.

[​IMG]

15. Congratulations! <3

Could you show us more photos of his face? He looks really nice!

16. @SugarFirefly He is so beautiful! ^0^ I have that body too and it's gorgeous, so beautifully sculpted and a great poser (if strung a little loosely). And the tan is to die for. I would also love to see more pictures of his face! :love

17. @SugarFirefly that tan is so nice :D Can't wait to see more pics :)
      Are those hands the 70cm jointed ones?

18. The hands @SugarFirefly has are different than the 70cm long nail hand I received with my Doll Family H Beilan order which have the extra thumb joint and are similar to the Doll Legend long nail with vein 70cm hands.

[​IMG]

#39 americanseamstress, Oct 28, 2018
      Last edited: Oct 28, 2018
    19. OH those hands look nice and huge! I love 'em! They are from Doll Family, @americanseamstress ??