1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Doll Family H Discussion

Apr 7, 2010

1. I finally got the time and energy to take a few more pictures of my Long Xiu, who I’ve named King. He is a bit of a pain in the butt. His one eyelash kept coming out when trying eyes, so my friend tried gluing it back in place, but that ended up with me just getting frustrated and pulling out the lash to try again. Then some paint came off where the lash was, so she had to re-paint the inside of the lids. Then the lashes kept falling out again when trying to re-glue them in later, so he has one lash for now, and that one is drooping again. He needs a lash overhaul. This was after He revealed that his stringing is not so super tight as I thought, I just couldn’t pull it hard enough until my arthritis subsided a little. Also, he wouldn’t take any eyes except my friend’s Masterpiece eyes. He has a pair on order in grey, but he’s in green until they come in. King, what are you doing to me? Making me feel both old and poor. Here’s a picture of him. It is linked to the album with three other pictures at the same angle, being only mildly useful to those interested. I’m going to go put on my Aspercream and sew something onto all my 70cm pants to keep the crotches closed.

[​IMG]king-9-22-1

2. He looks great Pandy! What a little stud-muffin! :D I'm really liking the sculpt of that body!

Is the tan resin imported translucent resin or just plain opaque resin? I can't tell from the picture.

Sorry his eyelashes gave you such a bother, but I'm glad he didn't turn out to be too tightly strung for you. :thumbup

3. I'm in total sympathy! Lashes are such a pain!! I'm curious if he can wear Alice's Collection off the rack clothes? Despite all that, he is a cutie :)

4. He is opaque resin, but it is also the imported resin. BJDivas said the imported was stronger, so I took a chance. So happy he is not translucent!
      He is wearing off-the-rack 70cm clothes. Most of my other 70cm boys swim in them because they are so skinny, but he fills out the waist quite well. I’m pretty happy about it. I do believe the jeans he is wearing are from Alice’s Collections, I bought a few pairs from them a while back when they had them as a $10 special.

5. Oh thank you so much, @Pandy :D I have the event head from acbjd incoming (doll family A) and really like this body, but it'd be so much nicer if I could get clothes easily :D

6. I’ll dress him in my other clothes then to see if there are any problems. I bought a few pairs when I was desperately searching for a pair my Dollshe could wear, so I hope to help. He’s wearing the first 70cm shirt I grabbed for him. His shoulders are a bit broad and made pulling on the shirt a little difficult, but it did work in the end. He’s easily the beefiest of my 65-70cm dolls. I do like this body quite a bit too, I might see how it works with some of my other heads.

Edit- So I tried on most of my other 70cm boy jeans that I know I either picked up from AC or MoC. There were three pairs he did not fit.
      This pair were too big on him, so shocking. They hung down around his butt, giving a great saggy pant look if paired with underwear, but in general, too big around his waist and the legs were a bit long too. I might try them on my IOS 80 body some day.
      I am not sure where the other two pairs of jeans were, but one was labelled M3Studio. There was a lighter, thinner fabric pair and a darker, thicker pair, but they are two of my favorite pairs of jeans for my dolls. I feel like they might be a blue pair of these jeans and these. They fit great on my Dollshe Pure body, but don’t button without a struggle on King. One pair has a button on the fly though, and that one does button even though the top doesn’t, allowing King to pull off the “sexily unbuttoned pants” look. That body is gorgeous.
      So far, my cheap button-up shirts have fit him, despite his broad shoulders and chest. I also have to say that I haven’t done a lot to buy clothes for my boys for the past few years. I don’t have much from after Mint on Card shut down, so I can’t give input on the clothes from, say, Another Dimension or Endless on Alice’s Collections. Most of the clothes money went into the girls. Dollfie Dreams are adorable money sinks.
      I just noticed that all those pants are on sale. Looks like my boys are getting a wardrobe infusion on payday. They’ll need more shirts too.

#106 Pandy, Sep 23, 2019
      Last edited: Sep 23, 2019
    7. LOL, Yah, that sale has caused me to buy quite a few outfits lately! Thank you so much @Pandy ! the DF-A and DF-H have the same resin colors, right? I sure hope so :shudder

8. @Pandy He looks so good! :D I love his "totally done with it" expression, and in casual modern clothes he has a much more youthful look than in the official pictures. <3 That's too bad about the lashes, but lashes are just a pain in general. :sigh My DF-H boy's eyelashes came out quite easily too, so I guess the company just doesn't glue them in very securely.

Surprised that the imported tan is opaque now; I ordered my boy in the imported tan but it's translucent.

@IngieBee Unfortunately I'm pretty sure they don't share resin colors; not sure what the full story is but DF-A and DF-H don't really have any connection anymore. I think that DF-H actually shares colors with Doll Legend?

9. @bickazer thank you. OK, well, I've been having a lot of success blushing to match, so I'll just be sure to get a darker body :XD:. I just love the large arms on @Pandy 's King :love

10. Hello, i hope it's okay to ask this here.
      I want to buy DF-H body (65 cm boy body), and tempted to get it from clover-singing Clover singing doll base - Powered by ECShop i think i've read somewhere that clover-singing is legit dealer, but i want to make sure first. Is it really a legit BJD dealer? or maybe anyone have bought DF-H doll from them?

Thanks in advance!

11. I've never ordered anything from them, but they are a legitimate dealer.

12. Thanks guys for all the nice comments on my boy. I’ve been having a rough time of it, it's nice to not feel like everything I share is so ignorable.

13. That's enough to know they're a legitimate dealer, so that i won't afraid anymore to buy from them. Thank you very much for the info!

14. Can anyone tell me or show me what Doll Family H 1/3 girls body look like and how well designed are they? Tia!

15. Riezyoe, the person running Clover Singing used to sell dolls and stuff on Ebay under the name Dolls Singing. It's a shop run by Jeeryama, and I always use to buy from her. She was great! I haven't bought anything from her new shop, but I always had good shopping experiences when she was on Ebay. She is totally legit. :thumbup

And, the DF-H 65cm boy body is a favorite of mine. You won't be disappointed. :D

16. I second the request. A review would be awesome :)

17. Hello DF-H thread! I had a question about jointed hands on the bigger boys. Sometime last year I received my 65cm body with a pair of their jointed hands as a gift, and they gave me the 70cm pair instead of the 1/3 pair. While they do look a bit big when his wrists are naked, they're not so bad to make a fuss over. I wanted to know if anyone had a 65cm body/boy that had the 1/3 hands and tell me if they were too small or just right? I'm just wondering if DF-H thought that going up a size instead of down was a better move. I'm not sure why I didn't ask sooner rather than later... :sweat

18. @crappyshappyshaw , I don't know the answer, but I like larger hands, for some reason??? And I put Impledoll large size jointed hands on their smaller body because I really didn't like the small hands he came with, and I thought it looked great, even if the wrist ball sat higher??? Not sure if that helped???

19. Oh wow, I got a pair of hands with my 68cm body, would that help at all? I admit, I never unwrapped them. >_>