1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Doll Family Product Review

Nov 3, 2012

1. * What did you order?:
      68cm Ghost General Beilan gray skin with face-up

* When did you order?:
      11/19/18 and he took about 5 and a half or so months to get to me. I ordered him through Alice Collections.

* Was the quality appropriate for the price, in your opinion?:
      Yes, his resin is so nice and smooth and his body and head sculpt is very lovely.

* Did the item look like the sales pictures?
      For the most part, yes. The face-up was not exact and was more detailed in the company pictures. The end result is still lovely!

* Were you satisfied with the product?
      In the end, yes.

* Tell us some of the positives and negatives about this product (optional)
      Positives: The body is really beautiful and posable, and the head sculpt is very beautiful as well. I got him in grey skin, and I really love the shade of grey he is as well. His jointed hands are super cool!

Negatives: When I first received him, his face-up was super messed up. The whole bottom half of his face (mainly around the lips) had this gross white residue that didn't come off unless I took off the entire face-up, and the inside painting on his lips was horribly cracked and messed up. As my boyfriend put it "it looks like he went ham on some powdered donuts" lol. Anyway, after spending over 100 dollars on the face-up and waiting nearly half a year, I was very upset. :( HOWEVER I will say once I got in touch with Alice Collections, who in turn got in touch with DF-H, they agreed to send me a new head with face-up free of charge, which was incredibly nice and very appreciated. The second head they sent was perfect, face-up and all, and took about 2 months to arrive.

* Would you buy more from this company?
      Yes! Overall, I really love Doll Family H. I think their dolls are beautiful and great quality, and I am in love with so many of their sculpts. That being said, I don't think I will ever fork over the money for a face-up from them again. After digging a little deep, I have found I am definitely not the only one who has had problems with their face-up work, which is really disappointing, because otherwise they are a superb company.

2. * What did you order?
      Susu practice head in NP from Doll Family A

* When did you order?
      28 june 2020, was instock at Alice Collections. I received it on 17/08/20, with normal airmail.

* Was the quality appropriate for the price, in your opinion?
      Yes, the head is amazing and honestly doesn't look like a cheap head at all. Resin is smooth and perfect, the details of the face are lovely, headcap fits like a glove and I couldn't almost see it when I first unwrapped the head.

Yes, it's the same as the sales pictures

Absolutely! It came perfectly wrapped, so it came in pristine condition. DF-A really surprised me for the quality, for being a company "cheaper" than most.

Positive: everything about this head is perfect. I have no complaints at all.

Definitely! I already have another order going on with them for a full doll.

3. * What did you order?
      Doll Family-A 70cm Susu head in pink as well

* When did you order?
      1/02/2021 (was in stock but ordered with other accessories, took about 20 days to ship and be delivered)

Absolutely!

Yes!

Definitely

The head is perfect! its very smooth inside and out and looks beautiful. It was packaged nicely and safely as well. Also no complaints!

If I found something I liked again, absolutely!

4. * What did you order?
      Doll family H Yan Xiao Head

* When did you order?
      5 December 2020

Yes, partly because of the big discount

Yes

Yes!

Neg: Scratches easily
      Pos: Strong magnets, opens up easily

* Would you buy more from this company
      Yes lol, how else does this boy get a body? :wiggle

5. * What did you order?
      Doll Family-A BiBi in Tan with faceup

* When did you order?
      January 23 2021 (received June 3 2021)

Yes, the resin feels sturdy and posability is good

Yep, the faceup is very nice and the resin color is accurate to various pictures I've seen of their light tan.

Very much so.

Yes, if they release another sculpt that appeals to me.

6. * What did you order?
      Doll Family-H Lydia with the head swapped for Aran

* When did you order?
      3/21/21, it shipped from Alice's Collections on 6/9/21 and was delivered the next day!

Yes absolutely! She is absolutely gorgeous!

Yup!

Of course! She looks beautiful in person and I'm very satisfied with my purchase! ^^

I have not posed her much, but she seems to hold very well and can stand on her own. The male head fits perfectly on the female body and the body is gorgeous as well. I've not noticed any flaws at all!

Of course! I love the body sculpt and am definitely considering another for a hybrid doll.

7. * What did you order?

DF-A Luyi, w/ faceup in normal yellow

* When did you order?

In late August or early September, I don't remember. He showed up yesterday!

Yes, except there was a broken tongue on one of his snake "members". There is slight damage to the faceup on the back of his head as well.

yes

yes

Positives - he poses really well and is STURDY and heavy, beautiful sculpting and I love the head. his "members" are magnetic, so he is living as a ken doll for now haha. The jointed hands have great movement though they look massive on the body - I am not sure if this is because of the fox head, I will have to try him with a human head and see if they look normal. I like that the hands have long nails.

Negatives -The broken piece and faceup damage on back of his head. He also did not come with eyes.

I got him on the 70 cm body thinking it would be slimmer than the 75 - nope. The 75 is actually a slimmer body! I feel like I messed up and should have gotten the larger body, as he is busting out of his suit I got him lol. His "member" falls off when he sits down, he is also so muscular that it looks on the small side, especially compared with the giant snake one :lol: that gave me a big laugh haha.

I ordered some additional heads (Terrell and Luyi no faceup), they have apparently shipped in a second box. I didn't get a notification for either, he just kind of showed up and I am waiting on the additional items - His box was also damaged in transport as it was tightly fitted into the cardboard shipping box.

Yes, they are great - I will probably end up selling the 70 body in favor for a 75 though, I wish I did better research up front but I have never bought a male doll before. He looks great in his suit but it was a PAIN to get on, he is like 1 cm too large in every area... a problem the 75 body would not have had.

Feel free to include one or two photos of your purchase.

Plus Mu Ye Zi really likes him :XD:

[​IMG]

8. * What did you order? Doll Family-H MSD 'Ryo' in tan with faceup and several hand packs
      * When did you order? August 2021 (arrived Jan 2022)
      * Was the quality appropriate for the price? Yes, the resin and sculpt is very nice, and the anime faceup is cleanly-done and cute.
      * Did the item look like the sales pictures? The faceup is more smiling in person than the product pictures, but it's fine.
      * Were you satisfied with the product? Yes, very much!
      * Would you buy more from this company? Yes

9. What did you order?
      DF-H 65cm boy with 3part torso - body only. Resin colour was a custom request - I asked DF-H for a colour match to Kanadoll normal skin, and they agreed to do it at no extra cost.

When did you order?
      I ordered February 2023 (during DF-H's 15% off sale), and received it July 2023.

Was the quality appropriate for the price, in your opinion?
      Yes, I think this is quite good value/quality for money

Did the item look like the sales pictures?
      Yes, it looked exactly like the sales pics

Were you satisfied with the product?
      Very much. Packaging/doll box was straightforward but did everything it should (protect the doll during shipping).
      The colour match I requested was 90% perfect -- the body was a little bit pink-toned compared to my doll's head (Kanadoll Mars from 2016), but I think this isn't a problem and the red hues will yellow/fade over time and end up matching his head. Right now it's subtle enough that it doesn't always show up in photos, and I don't find it offensive or distracting in person. I'm very satisfied with the colour match.

[​IMG]

The body came a little bit loosely strung for my tastes, so he couldn't hold poses reliably out of the box. I had to tighten all the elastic and do a bit of maintenance to get him up to my standards. But this is a matter of taste and NOT a downside: I prefer my dolls strung very tightly so I expect to do maintenance on them sooner or later.

Tell us some of the positives and negatives about this product (optional)

(+) Engineering is outstanding - the body poses as well as DoA folks say it does. So far I can get my boy to do some fun poses, and I'm sure I can get him to do much more with practice.

(+) The resin feels solid and of good quality and appropriate for its price. I wouldn't call it excellent quality, but I'm being nitpicky here (I just think there's better resin out there) and I still like how this body feels in my hands.

(-) This is very, very, very nitpicky and entirely personal taste... I like posing my dolls in human-realistic poses, and I don't think this body falls into natural poses as easily as some of my other dolls. It has a tendency to look a bit stiff and awkward when it's in a more neutral/static posture. Could be because it's over-engineered. In any case, I just have to pose him a bit more carefully so that he looks realistic to my tastes. It's a good challenge!

(-) Again, personal taste... I'm not in love with his hands and feet. They look decent enough, but I wouldn't call them beautiful or elegant.

Would you buy more from this company?
      For sure. I'm already considering their 68cm boy body for another hybrid.

[​IMG]

#29 aihre, Jul 22, 2023
      Last edited: Sep 14, 2023
    10. * What did you order?
      I ordered a DF-H Yue Jian with white skin and body Ver. 4
      * When did you order?
      I ordered in December 2021, he arrived in March 2022.
      Definitely! He is very high quality.
      Yes.
      Yes!
      (+) He has the cutest face!
      (+) He came strung well and holds most poses well
      (-) His hips are a little too wide for the 1/4 boy pants I bought for him.
      (-) He has a hard time sitting down all the way and tends to lean back while seated.
      Definitely! I plan on buying my second doll from them.
      [​IMG]

11. * What did you order?
      DF-H 1/4 girl body V.4 Yao Tiao in Soom Peony White

* When did you order?
      02 Dec 2023, it was ready by early January 2024, but I had it in a layaway order that I finished in February.

The body is wonderful, I think it's priced a bit cheaply for such a nice quality.

Yes

Yes

Positives: Strung perfectly, wonderful color matching, good friction between the joints
      Negatives: Really wants to keep her feet close together horizontally. May be fixable with sueding, not a big enough deal to me, but the only difficulty I've noticed.

* Would you buy more from this company
      Yes, I was very impressed. It's a fairly inexpensive body with a high quality feel. I would love to try out the male version of this body at some point.