1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Doll Faux Pas

Nov 27, 2004

1. After seeing them, the first thing I did was whine about the price (in the comfort of my own LuveJournal), and try to find the least expenisve possible boy. :oops: Of course, I did lots of research, and I asked around on my other home-base forum.

2. i get words mixed up, and type wrong sometimes.

shirt can be something else if you are forgot the r.

oh, wait, i still do that... XD

umn... oh. take off joels makeup and stringing.

she ended up for months in a box cos i was not able to fix her, and couldn't understand how to sending things off, like dolls, for fixed... XD (still don't know) but she's not in pieces anymore. ^_^

3. my biggest thing i think is whenever someone refers to heads as F04 or F06 or whatever...I still have no clue whatthey are talking about...I mean these heads have names right? hehehe

*feel so noob still, even though its been...hmm almost two years..hehe*

4. well...asking people what's a FCS :p >< and asking about differences between F16 from nwe FCS and old F28...
      and more...I'm a new dollfie fan ^^

5. calling everything bjd a Dollfie!

er....okay...I still do!
      :roll:

6. :lol: I did that for a bit too because the first BJDs I found were SDs. Ooops!

I also did the same thing as Setsuna and though El was a girl! It was during the time when I was trying to figure out which doll I wanted to get as my first. I remember being on Domuya and looking at Lishe, and then thinking the El was much prettier! Then someone here posted pictures of the blushing they had just done to their El and I was shocked to see he was a he!

7. ROTFL!
      I still do this with my "non-bjd" friends, because if I use "bjd" too much, they fall into peals of laughter with what it *could* mean.
      :wink:
      Michelle

8. I do that with my non-dollfie friends, It's easier... But darn it, Volks trademarked the cute-est shortest name. Ball-jointed-resin-doll is about the longest thing to say, and no one knows what your talking about, so I just say "dollfie" and my mom goes AH!

As to other Noob things, I thought my AR Kai was a real SD. Then I posted at the old yahoo group and forund out no, he's an Angel Region.

9. I kind of spent my doll n00biedom quietly, digesting as much of Aimee's spifftastic FAQ as I could at a time.... bookmarking every site right and left... but I do know I had complete misconceptions as to the size of the dolls initially. XD I thought MSD-sized was Barbie-sized, and SD/SD-13 was 18-inch!!

10. I did that as well, I learned all I could and soaked up info off websites like a sponge untill I was familiar with the dollfie comunity before I posted my first set of questions.

11. I so agree with you there. The reason I had to wait a year and a half to get my SD was because they were so much, and even then my first SD was a Dollfie Dream and she was a gift. I still have no money to buy another SD, or even a better wig for my DD (I'm just lucky I won stuff at the Super Dollfie Convention, or else Aurelie would be out of shoes, clothes, and hair.). I can only hope I get some SD stuff this Christmas, but I doubt it. My parents don't really like buying me SD stuff because it's so frivolous.

I have a lot of sympathy for the people who post looking for cheap SDs 'cause everyone has been there. When I first started out I was even thinking of getting a really beaten and busted up SD for cheap just so I could have one. I mean, the prices for these dolls are really high. I could get a really nice shotgun and go clay shooting for the price of an FCS. Lol, and that's what my parents say everytime I tell them about a doll that I like and it's price.

12. Dollfie actually refers to the Volks 1/6 plastic jointed dolls, which aren't related to BJDs at all. :oops:

13. Exactly! That's why it's so funny!

14. i cant realy rember anything bad Ive done..tho Im SURE Ive asked some stupid questions...Oh no..wait..I think the two worce thigs..having a spz about how long it was taking Elf El to get to me...and whining so bad..that even I wanted to kick me abut trying to get hold of Jun outside the US...sorry guys..how bad did I sound :oops: :oops:

Charlie *^_^*

15. mmmm know what you mean, was once in a pub and said to some mates yippeee getting a BJD at weekend, they were like wow another BJD and the people on another table where giving us such odd looks, then my mate realised as could hear their whispering... mmmm not quite wat we were talking bout :? tee hee

16. It's not something I did so much as others do now, but one of the biggest n00b things that get to me is when people quite literally seem to think their dolls are real. Granted, it's fun to do that in a photostory or something. But at the end of the day, I realize my boys are still dolls. XD;; Someone recently said to me, "When people start talking about how their dolls did something to make them cry, I tend to shy away." and I must agree. It's good that the new doll owners love their dolls so much, but really now.

I also have to agree on the "cheap dolls" thing. People that come in looking for a cheap doll. But it also disturbs me when people want a doll simply to get in on the doll fad. To be "trendy". The first thing they do is go someplace like Dream of Doll and buy a doll compulsively, when they don't even really like the doll they're buying. They're just getting it to be "cool", and it's inexpensive. :/ I guess I'd rather see new doll owners save and get a doll they actually love and care for even if it's $1000, as opposed to just getting something because they have to have one right now.

Not meaning to offend anyone with any of that. *acting, before she gets flamed*

17. Hum... about thinking the doll is real:
      Choco to me is a doll, but to me she is my friend. Works as the same system as a imaginary friend... but when I talk to it (that means talk to myself, it makes the ideas clearer and sometimes helps me to get better..) I have a face to look to.
      It makes me feel I'm not freak. >.<
      But... I don't think she has her own thinkings. Like I said... if she has a soul, it is a piece of mine.. just like an rpg character and things like that.
      As a imaginary friend I create a whole background and personality... I like creating it... it is fun...
      So, somehow it is like she is alive to me but not like she was a real person... I don't know how explain...

About "cheap dolls"
      Everyone did that. It is just that the price is scary! We think "No! It can not be! I have to find a cheaper one!! I HAVE TO..." but... I think that sometimes people forget the "love" and go for the price only. If you fell in love with a cheaper doll! GREAT! If you fell with an expansive one: work hard for it.
      You are going to work hard anyway don't you? So...

That's what I think...

18. I agree with you on the doll being a part of you. That kind of thing I understand. (And I certainly wasn't pointing any fingers, so I hope you didn't take it that way! T__T;) It's like if I lost one of my boys, I'd feel like I'd lost a part of myself. I think anyone would feel that way. But there are some I've seen that get just a little bit too... into it, if you know what I mean. On an alarming level. o___O;

As for the cheap dolls, that's what I was talking about. I got my DoD Yen because I fell in love with the doll, not the price. I would never buy a doll just because it's cheap. I feel like you should love the doll you get regardless of the price. If it just so happens that the doll is inexpensive, how convenient. But you shouldn't dislike a doll because s/he's expensive! Yet so many of the "n00b" doll owners are searching for the cheapest alternative, and end up just buying a doll they don't like because it's cheap. I really don't like that. :/ I realize some people can't afford $2000+ for a doll they like -- I sure can't -- but that's no reason to just settle with a doll you don't love.

Argh, I'll stop rambling. XD Hope everyone gets my meanings.

19. I know I've asked some newbie questions! Even with research and reading every faq I could find, there is a lot of contradictory information out there, so it can get confusing! Fortunately, everyone here seems very patient with the new kids.

I knew how much the dolls cost, but I failed to differentiate between the limited dolls and the standard dolls at first, and got a bit surprised by the cost of 'spare parts' from the limited dolls. :roll: I know better now...just hope I didn't offend anyone.

I bought a 'cheap' doll for my first one, but I went into it with the plan to have something I wouldn't mind practicing customizations on. I'm not going practice face-ups on a $2000 dollar doll, but on a $500 doll? Easier to stomach if I screw it up and have to keep starting over.

The less expensive doll will also help me survive the wait until I've paid off the doll I really wanted. ;)

20. I'm not sure I have any 'noob' thing I did that I posted on the borad (granted im still 'new' and still dollless)

I know I freaked out about the price and had a friend give me a lecture about 'saveing for what you want not buying what is cheep.' But everyone knows that these dolls are expincive, and sure first on in, your going to go 'I can spend that much money' fortnuatly i've gotten over it. I had originaly wanted a f-27 head, because I liked the one on Cassiel's site, but after joining DOA and seeing all the EL's I liked him more.

Now I'm saving like crazy and with the help of my mom sneaking me extra cash, come next year I may have my EL.

Altho, I still want the dreaming shiwoo head now I want one of the new DOD boys..

I'm never going to have money again. *sigh*

Sorry for the longish "personal exprince" post.

I just tend to talk on and on sometimes..